Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 03-04-2020, 11:32 PM

Staines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStaines Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
I insist.
Old 04-04-2020, 12:06 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
The stock market certainly thinks their profits are rising. One of the few share categories that haven't been hammered.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:25 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010ANDON View Post
The offers have mostly been stopped.
I, for one, am amazed that the number of multi-buy offers have been reduced when they are trying to discourage/prevent people buying more than they need.
Old 04-04-2020, 08:31 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
If he make a version...
Brett, yesterday:

Old 04-04-2020, 08:43 AM

Homburg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHomburg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHomburg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHomburg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHomburg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHomburg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHomburg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHomburg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHomburg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHomburg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHomburg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
The stock market certainly thinks their profits are rising. One of the few share categories that haven't been hammered.
I am not sure that that statement is true. In the last month Sains burys and Morrisons shares have remained at approximately the same level and Tesco shares are down slightly. I think that suggests that the stock market are not expecting better figures from the supermarkets.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:24 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Aren’t they all paying their working staff an extra 10%?

But let’s lash about looking for a new target to get angry about .

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-04-2020, 10:03 AM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Yes sales are up 20%, they have done/ are doing a fantastic job. Because of them and their key workers there is no shortage of food or other essentials.
They should all have the proper PPE, but what chance of that if nhs doctors and nurses are going without. They may have to pay more for products and staff (deservedly) but i have seen no price manipulation despite hugely increased demand.
Remember to thank the person at the checkout next time you shop, and like everything else that conjures up some high horse hypocrisy e.g. booze, car engines, high restaurant prices, gambling, mortgage rates etc....if you don't like it, don't do it - your choice but we need good performing sectors to help the economy out of this
Old 04-04-2020, 10:14 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
Yes sales are up 20%, they have done/ are doing a fantastic job. Because of them and their key workers there is no shortage of food or other essentials.
They should all have the proper PPE, but what chance of that if nhs doctors and nurses are going without. They may have to pay more for products and staff (deservedly) but i have seen no price manipulation despite hugely increased demand.
Remember to thank the person at the checkout next time you shop, and like everything else that conjures up some high horse hypocrisy e.g. booze, car engines, high restaurant prices, gambling, mortgage rates etc....if you don't like it, don't do it - your choice but we need good performing sectors to help the economy out of this
Agreed.

I think the supermarket workers are woefully under resourced in terms of PPE.

Cricket wanker.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:14 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Take wipes with you or wear gloves.
Which is what I did when I went to Asda Burgh Heath, yesterday.

Still didn't stop the 8/9 year old from being on her scooter in the queue, then putting it into the trolley, then taking it out and using it again, before finally putting it back in her parents car (rather than take it into the shop).

That's just normal contamination from the road.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:17 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Meaning many of the customers bought elsewhere from necessity.
Being picky, it's more likely from choice, rather than necessity, given the levels of panic-buying that went on. I still cannot get skimmed UHT milk (our milk of choice), as people have panic-bought what has been in the stores
Old 04-04-2020, 01:20 PM
Lead Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
I, for one, am amazed that the number of multi-buy offers have been reduced when they are trying to discourage/prevent people buying more than they need.
Four cobra beers in Asda for £6.

Two weeks ago I was told (at first) I couldn't buy them, as it was more than three. When I pointed out the discount was for four, the manager intervened and agreed it was OK.

Yesterday, different Asda, same deal and bought four with no problem.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:20 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Which is what I did when I went to Asda Burgh Heath, yesterday.

Still didn't stop the 8/9 year old from being on her scooter in the queue, then putting it into the trolley, then taking it out and using it again, before finally putting it back in her parents car (rather than take it into the shop).

That's just normal contamination from the road.
What a **** hole that store is.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:29 PM
Lead Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
What a **** hole that store is.
But have you tried to get into Sains Kiln Lane? I haven't but was told in was queuing round the car park on Weds.

Adsa's also cheaper.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:50 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:

Two weeks ago I was told (at first) I couldn't buy them, as it was more than three. When I pointed out the discount was for four, the manager intervened and agreed it was OK.

Had to break the news to my wife that I'd only bought 3 bottles of wine
Old 04-04-2020, 03:53 PM
Failed lorry driver.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Bloody hell, case of 48 Victorias here, 8Ä.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:02 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Being picky, it's more likely from choice, rather than necessity, given the levels of panic-buying that went on. I still cannot get skimmed UHT milk (our milk of choice), as people have panic-bought what has been in the stores
I donít get your point, unless you are focusing on one item (UHT milk) and assuming that others didnít Ďneedí it?

My short post was talking about supermarket shopping in general, not one product that might be an exception.

When people couldnít find what they wanted due to empty shelves, they visited local shops and found other avenues instead. Iíve seen plenty of examples of that behaviour in my local area. Our local social media has promoted many such places, with new ones popping up daily, eg restaurants and cafes now selling from their door and for collection.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:32 PM
Lead Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I donít get your point, unless you are focusing on one item (UHT milk) and assuming that others didnít Ďneedí it?

My short post was talking about supermarket shopping in general, not one product that might be an exception.

When people couldnít find what they wanted due to empty shelves, they visited local shops and found other avenues instead. Iíve seen plenty of examples of that behaviour in my local area. Our local social media has promoted many such places, with new ones popping up daily, eg restaurants and cafes now selling from their door and for collection.
Sorry, should have made it clearer, I was picking up your comment about people having to go to other supermarkets out of necessity and commenting that it was as likely it was out of choice, as so much extra stuff had been bought in a panic buying spree; £1Bn extra, wasn't it?
Old 04-04-2020, 08:47 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
But have you tried to get into Sains Kiln Lane? I haven't but was told in was queuing round the car park on Weds.

Adsa's also cheaper.
But itís so shite. When the panic buying started bods weíre sharing photos of the shelves on the Banstead Facebook group. WTF? They are always empty at Burgh Heath. In fact, some of the shelves were fuller during the panic buying. Thatís how dog shit that store is.

Only plus points to using it are the odd famous football person who seems to pop in on the way round to see Chris Coleman, and of course the possibility of seeing that wing nut from Undateables with the high pitched voice.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:08 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Sorry, should have made it clearer, I was picking up your comment about people having to go to other supermarkets out of necessity and commenting that it was as likely it was out of choice, as so much extra stuff had been bought in a panic buying spree; £1Bn extra, wasn't it?
If you were about to go into a 12 week quarantine, wouldnít you stock up for a while to get you started whilst you made plans? Not everyone has someone to do this for them.

And if someone in your household shows symptoms, your whole household is meant to stay in for 2 weeks. So you need stocks in.

So I do understand why many people felt food shopping was very much a necessity for them in that week. I blame the supermarkets for not introducing limits sooner, which would have helped calm the panic that intensified when the media showed empty shelves.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:13 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
Got a sister in law manager of Lidls being hounded by management to stay open longer make staff work longer for no extra pay .sell sell sell no discounts or promotions