Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 19-05-2019, 08:28 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal clubber View Post
I think we normally get Norwich away on their first premier league game
I remember several summer fixtures at Norwich, so I agree we’re likely to meet them early in the season.

Odd isn’t it, given the fixtures are meant to be random.
Old 19-05-2019, 01:02 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal clubber View Post
I think we normally get Norwich away on their first premier league game
Since the beginning of the Premier League, Palace and Norwich have both featured in the league together for five seasons.

Of those five seasons we’ve played them twice in the opening fixture and in fact, four of the five seasons we’ve ended up playing them by match five.

You are right, every time they’ve been promoted and we’ve been in the Prem, they’ve played us first game.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 19-05-2019, 01:06 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
And last on MOTD
Were we last when Huddersfield stuffed us? Last if we win, not if we lose, I'd have thought.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 19-05-2019, 01:19 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Our opening fixture in the Premier League era has always been one extreme or the other. 50% of the time we’ve faced a Promoted side; the other half - with the exception of WBA - we’ve opened against one of the considered ‘big boys’.

92/93. Blackburn. (Promoted)
94/95. Liverpool
97/98. Everton
04/05. Norwich (Promoted)
13/14. Spurs
14/15. Arsenal
15/16. Norwich (Promoted)
16/17. WBA
17/18. Huddersfield (Promoted)
18/19. Fulham. (Promoted)

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 19-05-2019, 01:47 PM

palace4me came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace4me came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace4me came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace4me came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace4me came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace4me came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace4me came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace4me came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace4me came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace4me came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace4me came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So there are 19 teams in the league other than us.

Then top 6 + promoted 3 = 9 teams, leaving another possible 10. For next season, it's almost a 50/50 chance of the pattern continuing.
Old 19-05-2019, 02:02 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It must be Moan Utd at home, in fact the club should request that fixture! 50 years ago we made our top flight debut against United a great way to celebrate an important anniversary in our history. Indeed as Arthur Wait said when the fixtures came out in June 1969 (paraphrasing) "After all that has happened in our history it could not be any other team" not forgetting of course only 12 months earlier Utd became the first English side to win the European cup. A perfect start to our 7th premier league season in a row and by now (and after the way we finish ed this last season) we should fear no team!

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 19-05-2019, 02:35 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No newly promoted teams in first few weeks, other then that not fussed. Have to play them all twice and all that jazz
Old 19-05-2019, 02:42 PM

Stuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravityStuart Austen has found the source of gravity
Norwich away first up. Nailed on...
Old 19-05-2019, 03:59 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Were we last when Huddersfield stuffed us? Last if we win, not if we lose, I'd have thought.
It was a slightly tongue in cheek comment.
Old 19-05-2019, 04:15 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
Pointless , all you know is you are playing that team anytime between Friday and Monday.
The last game is nailed on and cannot move, plus we learn which weekend we get as our winter break.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 20-05-2019, 09:01 PM
California Palace

CPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFCalifornia came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
General question. Everyone basically knows who the top six will be so why don’t the schedulers match them up on the last day so that we possibly have an exciting final day. For instance if man city and Liverpool were matched up this season on the last day it would have been bonkers. Instead we get man city playing Brighton and Liverpool against wolves.

Please join the Southern California Palace Supporters pages.

Twitter https://twitter.com/CPFC_SoCal
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/cpfcsocal/
--
Looking for a Dallas Realtor?
Old 21-05-2019, 07:28 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Que the 'leaked' fixtures a couple of days before, which every season turn out to be bollocks
Old 21-05-2019, 07:33 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
2 times

2004/5 and 2015/16 (both times their first game back)
It's always their first game back
Old 21-05-2019, 07:34 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Hopefully Palace will arrange a fixtures breakfast and I can punch the air when we get Man City on the opening day.
Old 21-05-2019, 07:50 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFCalifornia View Post
General question. Everyone basically knows who the top six will be so why don’t the schedulers match them up on the last day so that we possibly have an exciting final day. For instance if man city and Liverpool were matched up this season on the last day it would have been bonkers. Instead we get man city playing Brighton and Liverpool against wolves.
Because the TV companies don't want the big matches, which they would undoubtedly televise, played on the day that all 10 matches kick off at the same time.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 21-05-2019, 07:53 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
The fixture announcements are almost irrelevant now. Ideally, if you want to plan ahead you want to play a team in a similar position to on weeks 1-3. Something like Burnley or Newcastle. Otherwise so many games get moved that cant tell until 4 weeks before.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:01 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its always usefull to get a Home fixture and a win to start the season off, who would i prefer? Bournemouth would be an interesting choice and seeing how Both teams respond to the "re-match" of that wonderful end of season spectacular.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Its always usefull to get a Home fixture and a win to start the season off, who would i prefer? Bournemouth would be an interesting choice and seeing how Both teams respond to the "re-match" of that wonderful end of season spectacular.
We've had three home fixtures first up since we came back up, and lost them all. We've won two of our three away openers.

Old 21-05-2019, 09:46 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Brighton nice and early please, I have a feeling they will start poorly.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:51 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I guess the fixture announcements gives you 11 months to plan an away steam train special on the last day of the season
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013