Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

View Poll Results: Do we want him?
****off you mercenary dick head! 212 17.42%
yes please this bloke will score! 269 22.10%
only if he's cheap short term and can prove his fitness! 672 55.22%
Moo! 64 5.26%
Voters: 1217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Wait for it.........
Old 02-09-2015, 07:30 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Am I the only one that dislikes Spurs far more than Adebayor?

The fact he drains Lewis' and Levy's coffers by over 5 million a year makes me smile
Old 02-09-2015, 01:56 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Has anyone ever been paid so much for doing so little?
For some reason I imagined Churchill saying that.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 02-09-2015, 02:06 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I am amazed at how player contracts are so one sided in the players favour. . It seems no matter the crime the max fine is two weeks wages -- weren't Newcastle paying Joey Barton whilst he was in prison?

However If a player wants to do something else for whatever reason then the contract suddenly doesn't seem to be worth the paper it's written on. Tim Flowers wanted to leave Southampton for Blacknurn so he refused to train with the team until his wish was granted -- p45 for most of us if we did that.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:57 PM

Martinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMartinsleftpeg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hope he plays at the Lane so we can sing the elephant song. But he is a leech so maybe the song should be updated. What rhymes with leech though....?
Old 02-09-2015, 09:19 PM
selhurst massive

eagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsleftpeg View Post
Hope he plays at the Lane so we can sing the elephant song. But he is a leech so maybe the song should be updated. What rhymes with leech though....?
Money grabbing bitch
Old 02-09-2015, 09:28 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Am I the only one that dislikes Spurs far more than Adebayor?

The fact he drains Lewis' and Levy's coffers by over 5 million a year makes me smile

Hear hear. I can't stand Spurs. The most deluded bunch of fans in the world.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
Hear hear. I can't stand Spurs. The most deluded bunch of fans in the world.
I dunno, most I've met are decent, pretty realistic with their expectations of their team. Can't say the same for Arsenal, whose fans almost invariably all think they are the dog's bollocks, should win every game, win the league every year and should sign whatever world class player who's much better than their team the media's linked them to.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:17 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweedman View Post
I dunno, most I've met are decent, pretty realistic with their expectations of their team. Can't say the same for Arsenal, whose fans almost invariably all think they are the dog's bollocks, should win every game, win the league every year and should sign whatever world class player who's much better than their team the media's linked them to.
Hearing them foaming at their lack of transfer activity on Talk Spunk was hilarious.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:55 AM
Jules for Argentina!

johnnytemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnytemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnytemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnytemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnytemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnytemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnytemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnytemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnytemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnytemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejohnnytemper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I am amazed at how player contracts are so one sided in the players favour. . It seems no matter the crime the max fine is two weeks wages -- weren't Newcastle paying Joey Barton whilst he was in prison?

However If a player wants to do something else for whatever reason then the contract suddenly doesn't seem to be worth the paper it's written on. Tim Flowers wanted to leave Southampton for Blacknurn so he refused to train with the team until his wish was granted -- p45 for most of us if we did that.
I don't know whether Barton was being paid in prison - that would be a bit over the top - but in terms of contracts in general, not sure whether there's much that can be done. The contract needs to be honoured on both sides, so obviously if they player breaks it, there is the option to cancel the contract - which would then go to the courts no doubt. But player contracts are assets - take Berahino:

WBA could sack him if he genuinely refuses to play, but then they've either got to give him a free transfer or cancel his contract and retain his registration. That registration isn't going to be worth anything like the £20m they've just turned down for him - plus I'm not sure whether any club really wants to get into a legal battle over a player's registration, since there's an outside chance that it could bring the whole transfer system down. Is there an equivalent in another industry where you get sacked but are prevented from taking up other employment until your new employer pays a fee to your old one?

UEFA and FIFA had to work very hard with the EU to get around various employment laws (IIRC that's why we have transfer windows, option for players to pay up contracts after a certain age, pre-contracts for players in final year of deals etc) to prevent free movement of players in the name of balanced competition - though in practice it was also to retain transfer fees, which constitute a large part of the value of football clubs. No-one wants that stuff dragged through the 'wrong' European court and pulled apart.

Obviously there are certain professions that require membership of professional bodies to be allowed to work, but being thrown out of those usually is the result of criminal proceedings - and I can't see that football is willing to go down that route either, there's no qualification to be a footballer.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytemper View Post
I don't know whether Barton was being paid in prison - that would be a bit over the top - but in terms of contracts in general, not sure whether there's much that can be done. The contract needs to be honoured on both sides, so obviously if they player breaks it, there is the option to cancel the contract - which would then go to the courts no doubt. But player contracts are assets - take Berahino:

WBA could sack him if he genuinely refuses to play, but then they've either got to give him a free transfer or cancel his contract and retain his registration. That registration isn't going to be worth anything like the £20m they've just turned down for him - plus I'm not sure whether any club really wants to get into a legal battle over a player's registration, since there's an outside chance that it could bring the whole transfer system down. Is there an equivalent in another industry where you get sacked but are prevented from taking up other employment until your new employer pays a fee to your old one?

UEFA and FIFA had to work very hard with the EU to get around various employment laws (IIRC that's why we have transfer windows, option for players to pay up contracts after a certain age, pre-contracts for players in final year of deals etc) to prevent free movement of players in the name of balanced competition - though in practice it was also to retain transfer fees, which constitute a large part of the value of football clubs. No-one wants that stuff dragged through the 'wrong' European court and pulled apart.

Obviously there are certain professions that require membership of professional bodies to be allowed to work, but being thrown out of those usually is the result of criminal proceedings - and I can't see that football is willing to go down that route either, there's no qualification to be a footballer.
Daniel Levy deliberately led Berahino on, then, at the last minute (despite warnings by Jeremy Peace), made an offer of a derisory down payment and annual payments stretching off for half a decade. (Too clever by half) Levy calculated that player-power, and last minute panic would force Peace to agree to his con. But Peace is trying to sell the club, is not interested in payments on the never-never and won't be made a chump by a spiv like Levy.
Pathetic to hear that Mirror journo bloke on Talksport trying to justify Levy.
It's all good transfer window fun for us observers, but has Levy learnt a lesson ? Not a hope, the bloke will carry on wrecking Spurs.
Old 13-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Palace & Whitehawk f.c.

Ismale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is here
Just been released by Spurs,I hope we steer WELL CLEAR! Despite our lack of a targetman due to Wickham's injury.

Noel Gallagher
Old 13-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Could he be worth a go on a pay as you play deal...?
Old 13-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
25 man squad named and full. Can't happen.

Believe in Bouncebackability.

Aki Riihilahti - probably the best asylum seeker in the world.
Old 13-09-2015, 08:47 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Thank god for that!
Old 13-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mabbutt View Post
25 man squad named and full. Can't happen.
Yup, I was thinking more along the lines of Jan but more likely to move to the middle East than remain in the EPL now I guess.
Old 13-09-2015, 09:04 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
West Ham or some other mugs will sign him on a free probably. (free as in a multi million pound signing on fee and a huge weekly salary). Yes we didn't score yesterday but it wasn't down to a lack of trying. Don't think reopening up the Murray debate solves anything. Hopefully Wickham or Chamakh will be back soon.
Old 13-09-2015, 10:54 AM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
West Ham or some other mugs will sign him on a free probably. (free as in a multi million pound signing on fee and a huge weekly salary). Yes we didn't score yesterday but it wasn't down to a lack of trying. Don't think reopening up the Murray debate solves anything. Hopefully Wickham or Chamakh will be back soon.
West Ham have 25 named already.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I didn't count them all but notice Watford, Sunderland and Arsenal have spots open.

I wonder would Arsenal go there!
Old 13-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
West Ham have 25 named already.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I didn't count them all but notice Watford, Sunderland and Arsenal have spots open.

I wonder would Arsenal go there!
This has Sunderland written all over it!
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.
Old 13-09-2015, 11:24 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by David of Kent View Post
This has Sunderland written all over it!
Only if they have space in their squad though.
Closed Thread