Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » BBS Forums » User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 31-10-2018, 07:04 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Not secure showing in chrome?

Hi Dave

Not sure if I have just never noticed it before but the browser is showing the site pages as not being 'secure'. Is that right? hadn't realised that the user name and password etc. wasn't a secure thing on the site or am I misunderstanding something (I am logged in etc.)

Cheers

Martin
Old 31-10-2018, 07:05 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Make sure its https and not http
Old 01-11-2018, 08:36 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Hi Martin, we are looking into it.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:03 AM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumie Allan View Post
Hi Martin, we are looking into it.
Thanks. More info just in case it helps.

I noticed it on windows 10 pc, chrome and the same browser had tabs open logged onto similar forums (fora?) without any issue. I was definitely logged on. Will check again later today on the same PC and let you know if it's any different. I can't see anything on the iOS version iPad.

I can't remember now but does the URL change to an https one usually at login? Because it isn't on the iPad or the windows browsers.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:06 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
It's something goggle chrome has changed and some browsers are highlighting it.

As nobody enters any sensitive details on here I doubt there will be a problem.

Of course someone could hack your password and log on as you and talk a load of shit. I think that has already happened to a few members, or that's their excuse.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:47 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:

Of course someone could hack your password and log on as you and talk a load of shit. I think that has already happened to a few members.
I think this has happened to Maidstoned and they are still using his account...
Old 02-11-2018, 12:43 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBrett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Of course someone could hack your password and log on as you and talk a load of shit. I think that has already happened to a few members, or that's their excuse.
Let's hope nobody uses their password on this site for anything else then.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:44 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Let's hope nobody uses their password on this site for anything else then.
Or that Brummie Allen or Brett is your full real name....
Old 02-11-2018, 03:08 AM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I think this has happened to Maidstoned and they are still using his account...
Explains a lot.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Chrome isn't secure. Why should google have exclusive rights to teef your information?
Old 02-11-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:

Do you mean that this isn't fixable or going to be fixed? If so, surely all users should be aware that the BBS passwords and usernames aren't safe if its not going to be fixed. Most people use the same username and password across multiple sites. Not trying to be a pain but you would be surprised how 'dumb people are with their usernames and passwords.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Should default to https, and also, there is a mixed content warning when you do use https - this script is serving over http: To view the link you have to Register or Login

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/will-swain
Old 02-11-2018, 06:53 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
And anywhere where you enter personal information should be https - pretty sure it's an GDPR requirement.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/will-swain

Last edited by brighton_eagle; 02-11-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:42 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Our advice is if you have a direct link to the bbs or the bbs is your home page, make sure you log on using https.

There are a number of issues that need to be and will be sorted but please remember all the mods do this for free and in their own time and sometime there is no time available.

Old 04-11-2018, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Our advice is if you have a direct link to the bbs or the bbs is your home page, make sure you log on using https.

There are a number of issues that need to be and will be sorted but please remember all the mods do this for free and in their own time and sometime there is no time available.
Thanks Allan. Much appreciated.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:18 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:

Adler not willing to authorise the OT?
Old 10-11-2018, 12:26 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
I have changed my log on to incorporate https (using Chrome), but now it appears that some items are may not be displaying?, e.g. Roger Hoy thread post #10 by Skintagain commenting "You don't see pitches like that these days", nothing is showing?
Old 10-11-2018, 07:56 AM

I keep discovering I have dropped out of secure. I can't imagine everyone has bothered to read the thread and so I suspect a lot are just not aware still and are operating in the clear.

Edit - I also notice that on chrome on my iPad, even with https in the address it still shows as an I instead of the locked padlock. Not sure why or what that means. When I 'press the 'i'' it shows the URL address no detail.

Last edited by Martin H; 10-11-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:56 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I keep discovering I have dropped out of secure. I can't imagine everyone has bothered to read the thread and so I suspect a lot are just not aware still and are operating in the clear.

Edit - I also notice that on chrome on my iPad, even with https in the address it still shows as an I instead of the locked padlock. Not sure why or what that means. When I 'press the 'i'' it shows the URL address no detail.
Same with me - I also get the 'i'.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:14 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
When you click the "Forums" link at the top of the page you lose https. Same with "home".