Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 13-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
After a quick bit of advice.

Some emails don't appear to be showing in Mail on my MacBook Air, but do showing on my iPhone.

Recently updated to High Sierra, and I wish I hadn't.

Any ideas?
Old 13-10-2018, 06:26 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Buy a PC they just work

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 13-10-2018, 06:32 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Prefer KFC.
Old 13-10-2018, 06:34 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Prefer KFC.
What deformed chickens with 8 legs? It’s true !

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 13-10-2018, 09:44 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
What deformed chickens with 8 legs? It’s true !
Chicken .... I was told it's Bat?
Old 17-10-2018, 01:53 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Can anyone assist just got a 2012 era mac pro however when trying to joined my home powerline network i'm getting the self assigned ip address issue (so it connects to the network but will not go online looked on line no clear resolution. Am impressed that it has wi fi built in which will connect but would prefer to use the ethernet connection if possible.

SaulAlinsky
Old 19-10-2018, 09:06 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Can anyone assist just got a 2012 era mac pro however when trying to joined my home powerline network i'm getting the self assigned ip address issue (so it connects to the network but will not go online looked on line no clear resolution. Am impressed that it has wi fi built in which will connect but would prefer to use the ethernet connection if possible.
When you go to system preferences > network >

Whats at the top on the left? That is the preference order
If you have ethernet connected it should be green - if its not it might not be recognised.

You should be able to choose dhcp or dhcp with manual address from the dropdown

HTH

Steve Jobs
Old 20-10-2018, 10:19 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Anyone updated to Mojave, yet?
Old 20-10-2018, 07:29 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post

Not me, my (mid 2010) iMac won't run anything more recent than High Sierra.
Old 20-10-2018, 07:49 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
I'm in the same boat, mid-2011. Drive started to fail recently so I got a SSD to run off (via an external thunderdrive enclosure) and it's going great guns. Might upgrade at the ten year mark
Old 20-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
yes
Old 21-10-2018, 10:48 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
yes
Worth it?
Old 21-10-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Similar here, mine runs Yosemite and I'll not go any further. Does all it needs to, for us.
MBA is on High Sierra - its a mid-2012, waiting to see if Mojave adds any value without degrading performance.
Old 21-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
2012 Mac mini I shall not bother upgrading. It’s already slooooow. Quite looking forward to seeing what they do with the Mini in the October event.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-10-2018, 12:41 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Under Tim Cook it will be an atom processor and start g at £1800.

A vile company churning out shit at the moment. Sadly.
Old 21-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Worth it?
Seems to be fine. Difficult to tell as yet, but no noticeable changes really.
Note I do have 2017 Macbook Pro, so it shouldn't have any negative effects!

On a similar subject, I have a donkeys old iPad, that due to the usual horror stories with iOS upgrades on old equipment, I had not upgraded since a year or so.
Recently it started frequently crashing, mysteriously not charging and other little bothersome stuff... Well, I thought, can't get any worse, so I did the recent 12.0.1 (was it?) upgrade.
Works a dream now!
Old 21-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Be careful if you use Citrix Receiver. You might have to use Chrome as the latest builds of Safari disable plug-ins.
Old 22-10-2018, 12:04 AM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Under Tim Cook it will be an atom processor and start g at £1800.

A vile company churning out shit at the moment. Sadly.
In fairness the Air Pods, iPhone and iPad are all still magnificent.

But on the computing side they've lost the plot. The keyboards on the recent laptops are just awful. From the best in the business to the worst. But hey, it's 0.2m thinner.

Too much power to Jony Ive in my opinion.
Old 22-10-2018, 01:26 AM
Banded by Moderationers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Too much power to Jony Ive in my opinion.
Other way around IMO.

He's been pushed into overseeing Tim Cook's vanity projects, so had to work on the new campus and do ever more with Foster and Partners on each new retail location. If you track the timeline, the products started to go to shite as Ive got shunted to supposedly 'deeper and more meaningful' projects.

Think back to the personality clash between him and Scott Forstall that led to the latter being ousted. That was a very public sacking but effectively Ive got the boot internally once the point scoring project of iOS 7 was delivered. Cook has basically decapitated his two biggest rivals because he can't bring anything to the party other than standard MBA tick box exercises.

I'm still just about in the ecosystem but that's purely because the competition is so abysmal, across phones, slates and desktops. God knows what my next desktop is going to be; I'm driving a 2007 iMac at the moment that is being held together by chewing gum and prayer.
Old 22-10-2018, 05:00 AM

Forstall was sacked for the Apple Maps fiasco. Getting rid of Google maps and trying to force everyone to use a shitter alternative was madness, the backlash was massive, he refused to admit it was a mistake, and he got the boot.

Right call I think. But Cook isn't driving quality products as Jobs did.