Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
The Mac thread

Well we needed one - so i have started a thread for all things Mac. Please can this thread not be used for PC/Mac, "ours is better than yours" arguments. You have made your choice and so have we.

Quick question. Does anyone subscribe to .mac? Do you think it is worthwhile?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Can someone put this in the correct forum - thanks - thought I was in computers and gaming. Sorry
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 04-02-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:06 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Cool thread but I expect there will be one or two posters coming on telling us we are gay because of the computers we use.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Ichiro!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomo
Cool thread but I expect there will be one or two posters coming on telling us we are gay because of the computers we use.
I am wearing a grey and pink striped top today
Old 04-02-2007, 03:13 PM

hakers stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farhakers stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farhakers stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farhakers stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farhakers stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farhakers stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farhakers stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farhakers stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farhakers stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farhakers stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farhakers stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Mac users are gayers.

Old 04-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous Coward

If I want a computer I'll buy one, and it won't be a Mac.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:19 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm surprised it lasted so long!
Old 04-02-2007, 03:28 PM
On the road.

ROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyesROCK'N'ROLL dances before me like a million eyes
You can try the .mac membership for a month with a free trial. I don't know too much about it, but I do know that you can upload your calenders, address book and website bookmarks very easily. This is handy when you are away from your computer and need to access this stuff on the internet. It's more powerful than how I explained it though.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
I wouldn't bother with .mac. It has always struck me as costing more than it's worth especialy as Google et all are offering much of the same for free. The only thing that is a plus is the back up storage service but I think even BT's "digital vault" is cheaper.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:07 PM
AWM V 41 118,119

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by RickyB
If I want a computer I'll buy one, and it won't be a Mac.
You’re a naughty boy, if they want to talk about their piece of furniture, let them

Old 05-02-2007, 08:23 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Has there ever been a Macintosh thread which hasn't resulted in a mac bashing session?

p.s. macs are gay
Old 05-02-2007, 08:26 PM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've subscribed to dot mac for the web options - very easy to create a good looking site at speed.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:04 PM

LSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So I guess this is the best place to ask the following.

I'm looking to get a Macbook once Leopard is released, I want one of the Macbook pros 15". Which one of the two would you recommend, I want the better one but the entry level one is probably better value.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-02-2007, 10:08 PM
iMember

cumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecumbrian_eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd advise you to keep an eye on the refurb store, same stuff just cheaper but if you want anything none standard (apart from memory, apple is expensive for that) you'll have to buy new. I'm not 100% sure where you stand with regard to getting leopard with a refurb. My next Mac will from the refurb store though.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:17 PM

LSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by cumbrian_eagles
I'd advise you to keep an eye on the refurb store, same stuff just cheaper but if you want anything none standard (apart from memory, apple is expensive for that) you'll have to buy new. I'm not 100% sure where you stand with regard to getting leopard with a refurb. My next Mac will from the refurb store though.
Thanks for the advice although I'll be getting a 15% student discount (which I think is only available when buying new)
Old 05-02-2007, 10:21 PM
XL

Lardy was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLardy was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLardy was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLardy was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLardy was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLardy was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLardy was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLardy was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLardy was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLardy was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldLardy was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
If you're looking for mac trends and news in general a good feed is this one from MacUser

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Sonic Boom!

Malakite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMalakite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMalakite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMalakite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMalakite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMalakite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMalakite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMalakite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMalakite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMalakite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMalakite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I too must say for the first time ever I have been thinking about Macs...

Simply don't know enough about them though to have much of an idea!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Ichiro!

Quote:
Originally posted by Malakite
I too must say for the first time ever I have been thinking about Macs...

Simply don't know enough about them though to have much of an idea!
Basically it depends on what you want to do with it. If it is for work type stuff, pie charts and the like, get another pc. If it is for home type stuff, pictures music, etc get a mac
Old 06-02-2007, 01:14 AM
leviathan

ozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
MaW getting excited

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
Basically it depends on what you want to do with it. If it is for work type stuff, pie charts and the like, get another pc. If it is for home type stuff, pictures music, etc get a mac
Of course Macs can now run Windows though (and with To view the link you have to Register or Login you can run windows and osx sessions on the same desktop)