Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 17-01-2010, 08:15 PM

KingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Netstumbler should do the job

Having said that, I'm posting in a Mac thread and I don't know if netstumbler is released of OS X..oops. Ignore me!
Old 22-01-2010, 11:37 PM

Men At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not that people are getting carried away with this week's forthcoming event

Old 23-01-2010, 09:26 AM
The New Crystals Rock!!

CPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

I cant wait for next week!
Old 23-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
just got home with my new mouse.

Very very cool

No way to assign a button to expose though, tad irritating.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 23-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
trying to find a stumbler that works with snow leopard is proving a little tricky
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 23-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Is it worth £55 to a poorly council worker?

Scroll ball on my Mighty Mouse has finally given up.
Old 23-01-2010, 10:01 PM

congress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brett, you tried cleaning the ball on the mouse.Mine used to give up but it can be cleaned.I used to get a wet cloth, ie wetwipe. and turn the mouse over and push down with a little force and just move it around. I took a while but always used to free up.

There are usually a couple of vids on the net on how to clean them.
Old 23-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Ichiro!

It is fabulous but probably ought to try cleaning yours first. My scroll packed up some time ago but was a good expose button.

I do miss the expose button.
Old 23-01-2010, 11:47 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Did you know for Exposé you know you can do F9 for in application or f10 for all apps and f11 to see the desktop? (depending on your settings you may have to also press the fn button thugh this is changeable if you wish)

Having said that the magic mouse is the nuts! My finger used to hurt after days of dragging the f-in ball after it sticking and ive cleaned using foam wet cloths wipes you name it Ive even taken mighty mouse apart and thats no easy shitt to get back together i tell you!

If you use your mac a lot the magic mouse is well worth the dosh!!!

Steve Jobs
Old 24-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Ichiro!

Mine is Fn F3, but same sort of thing.
Old 24-01-2010, 09:50 AM
The New Crystals Rock!!

CPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Cheerleader Observer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I love my Magic mouse. Did take a while to get used to but now i love it!
Old 24-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Ichiro!

Everything streaming a lot lot better now.

Radio channel testing failed. Tried from 1 to 13, and everything inbetween. On each channel the Express connected but then later droppped out such that it couldn't find the network and needed to be reset. Got bored. Purchaed new N router. Express connecting on 5ghz only. Now working. Very occassional drop out for a second or so once every few hours but comes back and doesn't lose the network.

TFFT

Cheers for advice guys

This is one million times better.
Old 26-01-2010, 12:19 AM

Men At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bits from the latest financial statement from Apple. Mac & iPhone sales up, iPods down.

The Company posted revenue of $15.68 billion and a net quarterly profit of $3.38 billion, or $3.67 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $11.88 billion and net quarterly profit of $2.26 billion, or $2.50 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 40.9 percent, up from 37.9 percent in the year-ago quarter

Apple sold 3.36 million Macintosh® computers during the quarter, representing a 33 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. The Company sold 8.7 million iPhones in the quarter, representing 100 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter. Apple sold 21 million iPods during the quarter, representing an eight percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter.

And all done without building the cheap netbook that so many 'analysts' claimed was required.
Old 26-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC Cheerleader Observer
I love my Magic mouse. Did take a while to get used to but now i love it!
How is that Kool-aid?
Old 26-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I liked this:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The Apple Paradox: How a Company That’s So Closed Can Foster So Much Open Innovation

Quote:
"The secrecy surrounding the expected Apple tablet computer is only the latest example of the company's famously closed and controlling culture. Yet millions of designers, musicians, and other creative professionals love their Apple products, and the Apple brand is almost synonymous with free-thinking creativity. How can a company whose philosophy of information sharing is so at odds with that of most of its customers be so successful? This Xconomy essay explores three possible explanations. 1) Closed innovation, overseen by a guiding genius like Steve Jobs, may be the only way to build such coherent, compelling products. 2) Apple's hardware turns out to be more 'open' than the company intended — Jobs originally wanted to keep third-party apps off the iPhone, for example. 3) Related to #1: customers are pragmatic about quality, and the open source and free software movements haven't produced anything remotely as useful as Mac OS X and the iPhone."
Old 26-01-2010, 10:52 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Men At Work

And all done without building the cheap netbook that so many 'analysts' claimed was required.
True but wouldn't it be great if they did have one? £350 for a windows laptop for my daughter or £800 for a mac? I had to choose the windows option I will most likely make the same decision for my son next year.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 26-01-2010, 01:04 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
I liked this:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The Apple Paradox: How a Company That’s So Closed Can Foster So Much Open Innovation
me too, was going to post it yesterday, its an interesting paradox.

Can/should open source evolve, the apple experience has always been about closed architectures but well executed.
Old 26-01-2010, 01:30 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
As it now appears almost certain that the "one more thing" to be announced tomorrow will be the Moses Tablet, can we now allow ourselves 24 hours of BBS wild unfounded speculation on what it will be like?

My hunch is that as well as being an all round media tool/e-book reader etc, its focus will be that much of its/your content will be cloud based.

This hunch is based on Apple's recent purchase of Lala (a service which allows users to store their music online) and on Apple recently starting to move towards a web based itunes format. I also recall reading about Apple setting up some huge server farms about six months ago.

My thinking behind this is that the new machine will certainly be solid state as opposed to having a hard drive therefore limiting the amount of media that can be stored (especially if, as rumoured, it is designed to be used to view movies, newspapers, magazines etc). Your movies, music, e-books, newspapers and magazines etc could stored on Apple's remote servers while you accessed them via wi-fi/3G etc. If all your other documents were also on these servers it would allow you to access them from any computer with web access. Apple could no doubt charge a small monthly fee for this, allowing them to collect a few quid per month from tens of millions of people, with the admin for this all being done by whichever mobile phone company the unit is registered to for 3G purposes.

Last edited by Smoz; 26-01-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 26-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

I hope it fails.
Old 26-01-2010, 01:50 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz
As it now appears almost certain that the "one more thing" to be announced tomorrow will be the Moses Tablet, can we now allow ourselves 24 hours of BBS wild unfounded speculation on what it will be like?

My hunch is that as well as being an all round media tool/e-book reader etc, its focus will be that much of its/your content will be cloud based.

This hunch is based on Apple's recent purchase of Lala (a service which allows users to store their music online) and on Apple recently starting to move towards a web based itunes format. I also recall reading about Apple setting up some huge server farms about six months ago.

My thinking behind this is that the new machine will certainly be solid state as opposed to having a hard drive therefore limiting the amount of media that can be stored (especially if, as rumoured, it is designed to be used to view movies, newspapers, magazines etc). Your movies, music, e-books, newspapers and magazines etc could stored on Apple's remote servers while you accessed them via wi-fi/3G etc. If all your other documents were also on these servers it would allow you to access them from any computer with web access. Apple could no doubt charge a small monthly fee for this, allowing them to collect a few quid per month from tens of millions of people, with the admin for this all being done by whichever mobile phone company the unit is registered to for 3G purposes.
Isnt that a bit like a bigger mobile me then?

Steve Jobs