Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 25-08-2011, 10:07 PM

Oliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOliver V : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Why not?
Old 27-08-2011, 12:45 AM
one love

AJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is hereAJ8 Sam the man is here
anybody purchased the Magic Trackpad yet? In theory looks good with the update...

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 27-08-2011, 02:40 AM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
I've got one. It's pretty awesome for most navigation but pixel-perfect work still requires a mouse IMHO.
Old 27-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Men At Work
They will continue to do what makes them the most money. It's how companies work. Well, it's how successful companies work.

Mac sales have been outstripping the overall growth in the personal computer market for a number of years now.

Apple don't make enterprise products. They target very specific markets where they believe they can make products that will earn them revenue. The enterprise market is not one of those (as the discontinuation of the Xserve showed). Unlike some companies Apple don't appear to mind leaving money on the table from certain areas of the market.

Haven't upgraded to Lion yet so can't comment on the quality of it.

I don't disagree with that, but it would be nice if - instead of going all out to add to that $75 billion in the bank - Apple paid some attention to it's (fairly recent) history... the resellers and service providers that stuck by them in the shitty years. The support professionals who have dealt with the problems every crappy, half-baked release of OS 8, 9 and X has thrown up, invested in the certifications (half of which they've just done away with) and have been beating the drum for Apple to anyone that'll listen. Not to mention Video Editing pros and the shambles that is Final Cut X, stripped of all usefulness to fit in a poxy download from the App Store. You won't see any films made with that load of old bollocks. No doubt the next incarnation of Logic will go the same way and essentially become "Garageband Pro".

But I guess it's too much to hope for in this world... for a business to consider any path other than squeezing every last £ or $ it can out of it's "customers". So I'll probably be finding an alternative line of work in a couple of years.

The next Mac Pro (if there is to be one) will tell us where we stand. I wouldn't bet against the iMac, Mac Mini and MacBook Air being the only Macs still in production by the end of 2012.
Old 27-08-2011, 05:54 AM

Men At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMen At Work : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos-er
I don't disagree with that, but it would be nice if - instead of going all out to add to that $75 billion in the bank - Apple paid some attention to it's (fairly recent) history... the resellers and service providers that stuck by them in the shitty years. The support professionals who have dealt with the problems every crappy, half-baked release of OS 8, 9 and X has thrown up, invested in the certifications (half of which they've just done away with) and have been beating the drum for Apple to anyone that'll listen.
And perhaps CPFC will give cheaper season tickets to all those who endured the football in the mid-Eighties

Apple is not your friend. Google is not your friend. Microsoft is not your friend. No company is your friend. They are generally nice to you if you keep giving them money on a regular basis. Don't give them money and request that they still help you because of something you bought from them years ago and they'll laugh. You are no longer a customer at that point, you are simply a drain on resources.

Microsoft took the approach that everything from the past will continue to be supported. That has both good and bad consequences. The good is that they sell to businesses who want to ensure that their software can work unchanged over the years. The bad news is that new versions of the OS are hobbled by having to keep past compatibility with something that ran on DOS 2.0.

Apple took the opposite approach of 'don't expect all the new stuff to run on your hardware if it's more than five years old'. That allows them to keep pushing out new stuff but not to markets where long-term stability of products in required. I believe that's why they target the consumer market and are deliberately avoiding the enterprise one.

Given the profits of both companies they've been successful in their different approaches.

Quote:
Not to mention Video Editing pros and the shambles that is Final Cut X, stripped of all usefulness to fit in a poxy download from the App Store. You won't see any films made with that load of old bollocks.
Don't use it but it seems to have parallels with the change in iMovie a few years ago. I suspect that in a couple of years films will be being made with Final Cut X.

Quote:
But I guess it's too much to hope for in this world... for a business to consider any path other than squeezing every last £ or $ it can out of it's "customers"
Bloody Commie
Old 27-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not to mention Video Editing pros and the shambles that is Final Cut X, stripped of all usefulness to fit in a poxy download from the App Store. You won't see any films made with that load of old bollocks. No doubt the next incarnation of Logic will go the same way and essentially become "Garageband Pro".
I'd be very surprised if you turn out to be right about this. They've obviously rushed out Final Cut X early to get people used to the idea. The next version will almost certainly cover all the things that people in the industry are moaning about, and I bet its out within 6 months.
Old 27-08-2011, 08:19 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
snip < drivel> snip .

Only complete ****tards who want to be "leading edge" roll out a new version to a business environment. We always used to wait until version .2 or .3.

There again patience is not a commonly used word in nerd land.
Old 30-08-2011, 04:59 PM

ollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For some reason I can't work out how to rotate pictures with preview? I used to be able to do it with the thumb+finger movement on trackpad but unable to do this since getting Lion...

Any ideas please?
Old 30-08-2011, 08:52 PM

RednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Check your settings in System Preferences.
Old 30-08-2011, 09:02 PM

ollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks. Didn't occur to me that I could just go to the tools part either.

oops.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:26 PM

Gollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is here
Can I get opinion from some of you Mac experts ?
I have Mac Pro & a regular user...
Upgrade to OS X Lion ? Worth doing ?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

movingForward is happy as a lark and everything is finemovingForward is happy as a lark and everything is finemovingForward is happy as a lark and everything is finemovingForward is happy as a lark and everything is finemovingForward is happy as a lark and everything is finemovingForward is happy as a lark and everything is finemovingForward is happy as a lark and everything is finemovingForward is happy as a lark and everything is finemovingForward is happy as a lark and everything is finemovingForward is happy as a lark and everything is finemovingForward is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum
Can I get opinion from some of you Mac experts ?
I have Mac Pro & a regular user...
Upgrade to OS X Lion ? Worth doing ?
what apps you using?
10.7 was a little buggy, 10.7.1 is fine with the adobe suite, fcp etc.
IMO there are no massive advantages its got a lot more gimmicks but you wont notice a massive difference from snow leopard
Old 06-09-2011, 10:12 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
0% finance with cancom at the moment. Useful for anyone looking to upgrade...or like me having to pay for a wedding.
Old 13-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Seeking a permanent post

patch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepatch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepatch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepatch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepatch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepatch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepatch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepatch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepatch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepatch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepatch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter
For some reason I can't work out how to rotate pictures with preview? I used to be able to do it with the thumb+finger movement on trackpad but unable to do this since getting Lion...

Any ideas please?
Works for me using Lion and trackpad
Old 14-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
A spam question. I got an e-mail from The WUG Company offering part time work etc. According to this site To view the link you have to Register or Login they are a well known spam operation. But the e-mail was sent from my address to my address. How?
Old 14-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
umm - anyone can email as anyone else
Old 14-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
why do it? Lots of spam use unique address's. Is there any benefit in using the one you are sending to?
Old 14-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
because you will be in your own address book and trusted
Old 17-09-2011, 10:39 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
This morning my Imac hung. I was stunned, its only the 3rd time in 7 years that this has happened. :-)

My Laptop has a weekly hang by comparison. :-(

Any one know if there are any rumours of an entry level macbook being brought back? I want one for my daughter. The £999 entry level price now is just too much.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 17-09-2011, 10:53 AM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Andy as it's for your daughter and she's at school entry point is £798 for MBA.