Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 17-10-2014, 08:50 PM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just upgraded my iMac. Took about 45 mins to download, 30 mins to install.

Some nice touches with different fonts etc. Looks ok. I like the notification side bar changes and the fact you can answer the mobile from the iMac. I cannot use hand off on my iMac as it is a mid 2011 and it has to be 2012 or newer.

Obviously iCloud Drive is now available, which is really good. I also like markup feature in mail where you can attach a photo or picture into a mail and the use markup to put circles, boxes, text etc on the picture at the click of a button. I am sure there is loads more but I need to have a play around.
Old 17-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Was ok in beta as it was obviously on a USB drive but having looked at how many business apps that are broken - and won't be updated - in Yosemite, I ain't touching it with a barge pole.

Should really rename it OSX Consumer.
Old 17-10-2014, 10:00 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nope.4 attempts to download have come to nowt.I have loads of space and closed everything down so I don't know what the issue is. I did notice that the latest version only came out yesterday so maybe there is a bug. I think I'll wait a couple of days before I try again- it's not exactly mission critical.
Old 18-10-2014, 12:46 AM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Finally worked at the sixth or seventh attempt.Download took 25 mins and installation took 40 mins.It all looks pretty good and Palace fixtures are still in Calendar so everything must be OK.Oh, better check the wife's birthday...
Old 18-10-2014, 02:13 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Downloaded at first attempt - about 20mins and installation about 15 mins. All good. Not sure I like the dock...
I do like the way the toolbar and tab headers show the color of the underlying web page (come to think about it, is that new or am I just noticing it for the first time?)
Stuart, sounds like you need to upgrade your internet contract.
Old 18-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Installed on the USB drive again.

Anyone else noticing how smudged the fonts look?
Old 18-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post

Anyone else noticing how smudged the fonts look?
Yes!
Wondered if it was because my MacBook does not have a retina display
Old 19-10-2014, 12:17 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Lots of moaning but also a couple of potential solutions to the blurred font problem.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 19-10-2014, 12:55 AM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This one worked for me.

Preference>General Settings> uncheck "Font Smoothing for LCD" and restart the computer.

"LCD font smoothing makes fonts appear smoother by reducing jagged edges, but some people find that text appears blurry when font smoothing is turned on. Select this option if you want LCD font smoothing to be used in apps that support it. If you’re not sure which setting you prefer, try reading text on your screen with and without LCD font smoothing, and then choose a setting."
Old 19-10-2014, 07:45 PM

RednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Strange so many differing opinions. I put the 10.10 final gold beta onto my MacBook Pro 13inch retina plus 24 inch Cinema Display and had smooth installation and no glitches - everything working including all my 'old' apps. Some upgrades subsequently came through with the main launch and so far I'm very pleased with Yosemite.
Old 19-10-2014, 11:27 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Me to
Super responsive/ fast
Working like a dream on my two year old imac
Old 21-10-2014, 11:40 PM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is here
Anybody know of a cheap thunderbolt to USB converter? Can't find anything under £200. Both of my usb's don't work and it's not worth paying £300 I have had quoted to have fixed?
Old 22-10-2014, 04:11 AM

Would this do the trick ?

I know sourcing it in the US is not ideal but there may be a workaround to that....
Old 22-10-2014, 11:18 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is herevegas78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post
Would this do the trick ?

I know sourcing it in the US is not ideal but there may be a workaround to that....
Perfect thankyou. It is a little annoying as I only need it really to sync my phone, but that will save me a fortune as the rest of the laptop works perfectly.
Old 23-10-2014, 10:31 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Now the owner of a Macbook Air i7, 8gb RAM, 128GB memory. I only managed to upgrade it to Yosemite yesterday and both other iOS devices are running 7.1.2 until I find time to update them, so haven’t been able to work out the Continuity thing yet.

Any day one tips or advice? Things worth downloading etc. Also is the App Store actually worth exploring? For example, why not just use Twitter through Safari, why wouldn’t I?

The options and customisability is going to take some time to get deal with.

Beautiful bit of kit though, really high quality. I haven’t any issues with the screen not being Retina, as it seems very bright.
Old 14-12-2014, 08:42 PM

Aguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I want to attach my PS3 to my IMac, 2010 build.
So I reckon I'll need to find some sort of HDMI to MiniPort conversion cable.
Not much info on the net. Any Mac user have any ideas,
Thanks
Old 14-12-2014, 09:21 PM

congress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcongress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Lakes View Post
I want to attach my PS3 to my IMac, 2010 build.
So I reckon I'll need to find some sort of HDMI to MiniPort conversion cable.
Not much info on the net. Any Mac user have any ideas,
Thanks
What do you want to do while connected? If streaming from one to another just get Plex or something similar like a DLNA app which is ideal for movies, music etc.
Old 15-12-2014, 10:15 AM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Plex is awesome I use my my wii u to stream to my living room tv via plex
(one thing with plex though once installed use this url from the web browser plex.tv/web/app# dont try and navigate through the site as they use flash and that wont work on your wii / ps etc)

However i stream games to my dining room tv from my imac 2009 directly using this To view the link you have to Register or Login

Steve Jobs
Old 15-12-2014, 07:52 PM

Aguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm an occasional gamer and also would like to play Blu Ray discs, so would basically use the IMac as a monitor. Been into Maplin today and they reckon it's not possible to do.
Old 15-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
This might help (or might not)

Badically it is possible with pre-thunderbolt iMacs, but not with post

The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 15-12-2014 at 09:13 PM.