Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:41 PM

ollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Should be straight forward Ollie. What are you doing?
Preferences > add account > google > email address/password > sign in > accept > done- and then nothing happens!

It's not under 'accounts'.

But then when you go onto the 'add account' it says it is 'inactive'.

And then 3 minutes later it comes up with 'unknown error'

Very strange!
Old 09-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Can you log into it via Safari (web mail)?
Old 09-06-2015, 10:48 PM

ollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Can you log into it via Safari (web mail)?
Yes no problem at all! At the moment I've just got a little loading wheel on the accounts bit of preferences but nothing happens.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Try> Mail>Accounts>click on Google>sign in
Old 09-06-2015, 10:51 PM

I think I have managed to sort it by deleting it in ''internet accounts'' and adding it in 'accounts' as 'other' rather than Google. As it was coming up as name@googlemail.com rather than gmail.

Very odd. Thanks for the help though.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Help needed.

I have a Macbook Air and needed an Ethernet output for work. Purchased an adaptor from Maplins but can't seem to get the thing to work. The item claims it doesn't need drivers (says so on the websites) but it certainly isn't plugging and playing.

Any ideas/experience with this before?
Old 10-06-2015, 06:08 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I would suggest the adaptor is faulty or the sub socket. I simply plug mine in and off it goes. Try it in different usb sockets.
Stick something into the usb, check it's working then if not you've found your problem.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 10-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have an external hard drive in one of them at the moment and that's working fine. And have just stuck a USB battery thing I have into the other and that's charging. So looks like it's the adapter.

Back to Maplins when I get the chance tomorrow then! And then go from there.

Thanks.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Around the Fur

Scrap that, got it to work. Just needed to download a driver. I found one that's not even a marlin one, but guessing it the same make under the sticker.

Now uploading images to the work archive and it's flying!
Old 28-06-2015, 05:22 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Ahoy-hoy Mac-ers.
Where can I find the iCal link for this years fixtures then?
Old 28-06-2015, 05:27 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This one worked for me:-
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
My early 2011 MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.3 keeps on losing the internet.
I run the diagnostics and it tells me I'm still connected to the wifi router but the Network settings (and so ISP settings etc) are not green. The diagnostics then asks for the network password - which if I input, is not accepted and a dialog comes up with a "network settings have changed" warning. Clicking "accept" does nothing for a few seconds and the same network settings have changed warning comes up again.
Only fix is to wait 5 mins and restart.
Router shows all lights on and my phone/ipad work fine.

Any ideas?
Old 28-06-2015, 09:53 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
My early 2011 MacBook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.3 keeps on losing the internet.
I run the diagnostics and it tells me I'm still connected to the wifi router but the Network settings (and so ISP settings etc) are not green. The diagnostics then asks for the network password - which if I input, is not accepted and a dialog comes up with a "network settings have changed" warning. Clicking "accept" does nothing for a few seconds and the same network settings have changed warning comes up again.
Only fix is to wait 5 mins and restart.
Router shows all lights on and my phone/ipad work fine.

Any ideas?

Not really a fix but set static IP address
Old 28-06-2015, 09:53 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
Ahoy-hoy Mac-ers.
Where can I find the iCal link for this years fixtures then?

Sky sports
Old 28-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Not really a fix but set static IP address
Thanks for the fix Dave. I've done that now. Will see how it gets on.
Old 28-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Thanks for the fix Dave. I've done that now. Will see how it gets on.

Not a fix but should keep you connected at least
Old 29-06-2015, 08:37 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Sky sports
Boom : well done Mr Dave, all added and colour coded.
Old 29-06-2015, 08:41 AM

And for my next question;
need a battery for my MBA 2012.

1) has anyone replaced their own - if so, how did it go?
2) has anyone got a recommendation for an expert, in Sussex.
Old 30-06-2015, 09:54 PM

RednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRednBlue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Mac thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
And for my next question;
need a battery for my MBA 2012.

1) has anyone replaced their own - if so, how did it go?
2) has anyone got a recommendation for an expert, in Sussex.

Go to ifixit.com - solution is on there and looks quite straightforward. Cheers.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:04 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Does anybody know where they have hidden the match for iTunes on an iMac?