Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 01-10-2015, 01:30 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thoughts on the public release of El Capitan? Any noticeable differences other than the font?
Old 05-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA View Post
Thoughts on the public release of El Capitan? Any noticeable differences other than the font?
Just about to ask that too. Had a look at the comments on the Apps store and most seem very positive, more so than when Yosemite was introduced. One worrying post on there has said it causes big problems with Microsoft Office.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:42 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesyUCLA View Post
Sadly this upgrade is the first that breaks lots of stuff for me

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-10-2015, 05:09 PM
rebel army

OM eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOM eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOM eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOM eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOM eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOM eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOM eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOM eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOM eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOM eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOM eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
hmmm also seems to cause problems with older versions of Adobe Illustrator; haven't checked other Adobe products yet ..........
Old 05-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Sadly this upgrade is the first that breaks lots of stuff for me

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Like what Dave?
The apps mentioned in the report are few and I'm not sure of their popularity (I don't use them, in fact I've never heard of them!)
Is it breaking anything major e.g as mentioned above MS Office?
Old 05-10-2015, 05:52 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have now upgraded and I couldn’t really comment on whether or not it is noticeable quicker, though I don’t really do much to really push its limits. I might crack up Civ V this evening and see what difference I can tell, that always used to rinse it.
Old 05-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Like what Dave?
The apps mentioned in the report are few and I'm not sure of their popularity (I don't use them, in fact I've never heard of them!)
Is it breaking anything major e.g as mentioned above MS Office?
No nothing like that, more like developer tools etc

Also my VPN
Old 29-09-2016, 04:41 PM

Away Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is here
Picking up a 2011 i5 iMac with 16gb tomorrow to replace the 2006 Core Duo with 2gb.

This is the 'family' machine and I think will be now be the fastest, besting my 2009 Core 2 Duo Mini and my 2013 i5 Air. I thought about nabbing it for myself and cascading the Mini, but I just can't really be bothered to sort out two lots of data and applications.

What OS do I go to on that machine?
Old 29-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Away View Post
Picking up a 2011 i5 iMac with 16gb tomorrow to replace the 2006 Core Duo with 2gb.

This is the 'family' machine and I think will be now be the fastest, besting my 2009 Core 2 Duo Mini and my 2013 i5 Air. I thought about nabbing it for myself and cascading the Mini, but I just can't really be bothered to sort out two lots of data and applications.

What OS do I go to on that machine?
We have one of them with only 4GB and it runs El Capitan ok.
Old 29-09-2016, 05:07 PM

Away Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is hereAway Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
We have one of them with only 4GB and it runs El Capitan ok.
My Mini improved massively when I upgraded it from 2GB to 8GB. 16GB seems like overkill but it comes from a design agency - I guess they had their reasons.
Old 29-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Ex-Connecticut

Quote:
My Mini improved massively when I upgraded it from 2GB to 8GB. 16GB seems like overkill but it comes from a design agency - I guess they had their reasons.
Yeah, my Macbook improved loads too when I installed 8GB
Old 29-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:

I didn't think later versions of OS X ran on such amounts of ram
Old 06-10-2016, 05:35 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
whats el capitan? vie been offered sierra? running yosemite at the mo, 3 yr old mac
Old 06-10-2016, 07:04 PM
chemical olympics

humpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethumpo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
OSX 10.10 is Yosemite
OSX 10.11 is El Capitan
OSX 10.12 is Sierra

What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof. Christopher Hitchens
Old 07-10-2016, 12:21 AM

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ahh cheers
Old 07-10-2016, 10:22 PM

So I totally missed El Capitan lol but sierra feels good, no more repair option thou and this mac keeper feels like malware! I've used less than half my hard drive yet get spinning ball a lot, any ideas? Thnx in advance
Old 08-10-2016, 11:34 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd View Post
So I totally missed El Capitan lol but sierra feels good, no more repair option thou and this mac keeper feels like malware! I've used less than half my hard drive yet get spinning ball a lot, any ideas? Thnx in advance
I had this when I went to Yosemite on my iMac. I bought some extra RAM on line (2 x 4gb) and inserted them next to the existing 2 x 2gb, which was surprisingly easy to do. Lots of YouTube clips to help. This extra RAM took away the spinner and made the machine run much better.
So, hard disk is like your garage where you keep cars, RAM is the fuel for those cars - if you like.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:41 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd View Post

Seriously, get rid of mac keeper.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
I had this when I went to Yosemite on my iMac. I bought some extra RAM on line (2 x 4gb) and inserted them next to the existing 2 x 2gb, which was surprisingly easy to do. Lots of YouTube clips to help. This extra RAM took away the spinner and made the machine run much better.
So, hard disk is like your garage where you keep cars, RAM is the fuel for those cars - if you like.

I might do this then thnx
Old 08-10-2016, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Seriously, get rid of mac keeper.

Shame on apple, had millions of emails already , cheap shot