Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-05-2019, 12:35 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
I was a fan of VAR being introduced but after a season of it being used in La Liga I am far less of a fan. The issues are what several people have pointed out on this thread. The lack of communication with those in the stadium is appalling. The incidents are not shown on the screen and often you are unaware of what is being reviewed. The process is far too slow, often 3 or 4 minutes. And the worst thing is that you are not sure if a goal is a goal. It does as someone suggested kill the atmosphere. Hopefully these things can all be addressed but I suspect they won't be.

It seems to add to the enjoyment for me in Rugby waiting for the decision but somehow in Football it seems to be rather annoying. I don't get why on TV they can have a replay up with the offside line the second it happens yet VAR seems to take a few minutes.

They need some kind of replay deadline whereby if they can't make their mind up on whatever it is after 3 replays on the screen then it is not conclusive and shouldn't be allowed.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 20-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
There was a goal last week against Chelmsford’s lot, in fact. Looked like a great solo goal by Griezmann at a key point in the game, and we were giving it large to the dirty southerners behind us, when we realised the ref was checking some infringement.
Old 20-05-2019, 12:52 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
There was a goal last week against Chelmsfordís lot, in fact. Looked like a great solo goal by Griezmann at a key point in the game, and we were giving it large to the dirty southerners behind us, when we realised the ref was checking some infringement.
Palace, or any club like ours score a late winner at the theatre of wank, and they'll be VARing it to see if someone breathed on one of their defenders 15 passes before the goal

VAR refs will still favour the big clubs
Old 20-05-2019, 12:53 PM

lewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
From what Iíve read any decision that is over turned by the ref using var, Will then be shown on the screens after said decision has been made so game will restart and you will see the incident on the screen

Eg goal scored overturned for offside on var you will then see the offside as a replay
Old 20-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Palace, or any club like ours score a late winner at the theatre of wank, and they'll be VARing it to see if someone breathed on one of their defenders 15 passes before the goal

VAR refs will still favour the big clubs
I believe this happens, yep.
Old 20-05-2019, 01:01 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisuk View Post
From what Iíve read any decision that is over turned by the ref using var, Will then be shown on the screens after said decision has been made so game will restart and you will see the incident on the screen

Eg goal scored overturned for offside on var you will then see the offside as a replay
What if you sit in the Whitehorse?
Old 20-05-2019, 01:05 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
The mirror idea is still genius
Old 20-05-2019, 01:13 PM

lewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelewisuk : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
What if you sit in the Whitehorse?
You all have to run down to the Whitehorse concourse and watch it on the tv and then run back to your seat hoping you havenít missed anything exciting
Old 20-05-2019, 01:23 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
It will take the buzz off celebrations in the crowd, such is life now - there are very few 'in the moment' expressions of emotions from humans now - it's all filtered or manipulated for one's own narcissism.

I go to football for the excitement and the feeling of those big moments, which you don't get watching at home - that's why many of us supporters haven't enjoyed this season, we've been deprived of any drama at home - no last minute winners and very few goals from open play.

VAR will take the atmosphere in grounds in the wrong direction, even if you agree with it being put in place.
Old 20-05-2019, 01:42 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
It seems to add to the enjoyment for me in Rugby waiting for the decision but somehow in Football it seems to be rather annoying. I don't get why on TV they can have a replay up with the offside line the second it happens yet VAR seems to take a few minutes.

They need some kind of replay deadline whereby if they can't make their mind up on whatever it is after 3 replays on the screen then it is not conclusive and shouldn't be allowed.
Offisdes should be able to be called in less than 10 seconds.
Old 20-05-2019, 02:09 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by crenoleagle View Post
This is the reason I donít want VAR.
Me too. We have already had it actually. When Wickham scored in the cup against Tottenham, I immediately saw the ref stick his finger in his ear and realised it was being checked. As a result, I completely missed out in celebrating the goal. Most people around me were oblivious to it, but that will change. The more it happens, the worse it will become.

I have to admit that, as a neutral, I enjoy the spectacle that VAR can bring when watching games on TV. Unfortunately, that benefit will count for a lot more than the downsides for those of us that go to games.
Old 20-05-2019, 02:14 PM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
It will take the buzz off celebrations in the crowd, such is life now - there are very few 'in the moment' expressions of emotions from humans now - it's all filtered or manipulated for one's own narcissism.

I go to football for the excitement and the feeling of those big moments, which you don't get watching at home - that's why many of us supporters haven't enjoyed this season, we've been deprived of any drama at home - no last minute winners and very few goals from open play.

VAR will take the atmosphere in grounds in the wrong direction, even if you agree with it being put in place.
I enjoyed watching the spurs v Man City champions league semi final. The atmosphere was an emotional roller coaster

Though even after VAR the Spurs goal was questionable