Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:10 AM
ThisIsSpain

thisisspain is playing for a contract
Cycling from Norway to South Africa!

Hi all you Palace Supporters

REALLY need your help getting this information out and about and I'd ask you to think if you can get this on to any UK fan-sites, PLEASE do so!

Meet some players, commercial manager, "Football in The Community" officer etc etc?

Can any of you organise a photo-shoot, interview at Selhurst Park?
Björn will be in London approx 6th-9th August. (Palace v Plymouth?)

Please shout if you have any ideas, suggestions etc.

Thanks a million

Steve

PS If you can get this on to any UK fan-sites, intro me to any "Football in the Community" contacts, send a shirt (yes EVEN Arsenal or Man City!!), offer him a photo opportunity/press conference/game of football etc PLEASE do so!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend of mine is cycling from Oslo to South Africa.

Yes, you read it correctly. Bjorn Heidenstrom (Norwegian; Bjørn Heidenstrøm) is CYCLING from Oslo to South Africa!

Why?

Bjorn is looking to unite all those who want to see the world's largest football-shirt wave in the wind during the World Cup, South Africa, 2010. A group for those who believe that football is more than a 4-4-2.

Bjorn is cycling (and is hoping for lifts) from Oslo to South Africa to collect signed football jerseys from all teams of all levels. All these shirts will be be sewn together to form the world's largest signed football-shirt - a symbol that all football stands together and does not forget the young refugees.

He says, "We are creating the world's largest football shirt - a shirt and a symbol that is sewn together by the signed club-shirts. The Shirt symbolises the "football family standing together and not forgetting the small ones"

Its top clubs, lesser clubs and even fans who sign their own shirts and become a part of the the big shirt - all are welcome. The project was tested in the summer 2008 and we have 187 signatures from professional, top, and smaller clubs. Celebrities from the music and movie world have also contributed as fans signed their favourite club shirts

The project is in co-operation with The Refugee Council (To view the link you have to Register or Login) and their campaign: "Forget me not"

How?

The trip started from Oslo, Norway on 20 June and in the course of 10 months Bjorn will have visited over 50 countries. He cycles alone through the whole of Europe, as well as cycling and hitchhiking through Africa. The journey starts from the Nobel Peace Centre, Oslo and ends on Robben Island, Cape Town, South Africa.

Excitingly, To view the link you have to Register or Login (300,000 unique users daily) promotes the journey on their front page every day.Bjorn is sending content from all the countries, places and people he visits. This content ranges from the history, culture, tradition to the people and events.

We want you to spread "the good message" and help with contacts and accommodation where required. He will need much help eventually.

He is looking to meet as many people as possible in the UK 5th August -18th September? Please contact Bjorn via To view the link you have to Register or Login or PM me here

NOTES:
Bjorn Heidenstrom (Norwegian; Bjørn Heidenstrøm) is an ex-professional footballer with a long career in Norway and England (Leyton Orient) He has worked with football as a hub for; marketing, media, values, Soccer Against Crime and Valerenga against racism. He will produce content each day of the 10 month journey. He uses a handheld camera (video and still), mobile phone, a laptop and dictation. Photos and text published directly with mobile telephone as modem to PC. Video will be published where there is wireless/cable Internet.

Web: To view the link you have to Register or Login (English) To view the link you have to Register or Login (Norwegian)

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 02-08-2009, 01:03 PM
ThisIsSpain

Thanks

.....GodstoneEagle

I have had a pile of PMs etc so I'll try to improve my post.

How Can You Help?

(a) You could forward this to any press contacts you have. THANKS

(b) You could forward this to any contacts you have with ANY football club (great or small)

(c) You could even send a shirt direct to Björn

(d) You could meet him on his trip through the UK in August/Sepetember.

(e) He'd do a press-opp/photo call with you or your company.

His intended route is as below BUT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Harwich
5. aug 2009
5. aug 2009

Ipswich
5. aug
5. aug

London
6. - 9. aug 2009
6. - 9. aug 2009

Palace v Plymouth?

Oxford
9. aug 2009
9. aug 2009

Bristol
10. aug 2009
10. aug 2009

Cardiff
11. - 13. aug 2009
11. - 13. aug 2009

Swansea
14. - 15. aug 2009
14. - 15. aug 2009

Hereford
15. aug 2009
15. aug 2009

Birmingham
16. - 17. aug 2009
16. - 17. aug 2009

Wolverhampton
18. aug 2009
18. aug 2009

Stoke-on-trent
19. aug 2009
19. aug 2009

Manchester
20. - 22. aug 2009
20. - 22. aug 2009

Leeds
23. aug 2009
23. aug 2009

Bradford
24. aug 2009
24. aug 2009

Blackburn
25. - 26. aug 2009
25. - 26. aug 2009

Liverpool
27. - 29. aug 2009
27. - 29. aug 2009

Dublin
30. - 1. sep 2009
30. - 1. sep 2009

Dundalk
2. sep 2009
2. sep 2009

Belfast
3. - 5. sep 2009
3. - 5. sep 2009

Glasgow
6. - 8. sep 2009
6. - 8. sep 2009

Edinburgh
10. - 11. sep 2009
10. - 11. sep 2009

Belford
12. sep 2009
12. sep 2009

Newcastle
13. - 14. sep 2009
13. - 14. sep 2009

Sunderland
15. sep 2009

Thanks for all you can do - even if it is only posting on another forum. I have a contact at Stenhousemuir in the Scotish 3 Division (worse than Brighton lol!!) and I thanked him publicly on Twitter. Next thing I know I have Billy Connolly following me on Twitter. I had NO idea the Big Yin was a Stenny fan!

Greetings from To view the link you have to Register or Login - The Torry Army!
Old 03-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Not the obvious route from Oslo to South Africa.
Hope it goes well.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:08 PM
ThisIsSpain

Thanks Selhurst300. As you can see from To view the link you have to Register or Login it is a pretty circuitous route - hoping to get to see the most possible clubs etc.

Appreciate your kind wishes for Björn - good luck this season.