Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 25-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Balls to 'undisclosed fees'.

I would just like to say 'balls to undisclosed fees' in football transfers.

Apart from when a wanky club like Newcastle want to show off how much money they've just spent regardless of how shit the player is, we never seem to know how much a player has been sold for anymore.

This makes personal player vilification very hard to justify, can hamper rival team baiting, and also makes it extremely difficult for messageboard administration conjecturing to be vaguely accurate.

I demand a return to the old days - we may never be able to sing 'what a waste of money' ever again.
Old 25-07-2009, 07:48 PM

Crunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrunchie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hear Hear

One of my pet hates
Old 25-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
agree
Old 26-07-2009, 07:04 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Totally agree. What right have they to withold that information from the fans? What about the Freedom Of Information Act?
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 28-07-2009, 01:38 AM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have noticed this in the majority of transfers this summer. We need journo's to do what they're good at ( making up b.s ) and exaggerate a rumoured price. Example: Joe Bloggs has signed for Stoke from Bristol rovers for a rumoured fee of 5 million. Stoke won't want anyone to think they've spent that much doe on a wanker and Rovers won't want anyone to think they've that much dosh to spend. Result: Paper is contacted by the clubs, who reveal the real fee was 8,000 quid and a bunch of flowers for the tea lady.
Old 28-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Don't they tend to do this anyway?

Quite often SS will reveal a rumoured fee for example:

TOTTENHAM
IN Peter Crouch Undisclosed Portsmouth

"Redknapp hinted that Crouch may be too expensive for Spurs but Pompey have now accepted an offer, believed to be in the region of 9million."
Old 28-07-2009, 02:24 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Honestly, why does it matter? Think of how a fee effects the attitude of fans? Plus, it's not our money. I wish all transfers were undisclosed, if I am honest as a player would be judged on what he does on the field and not based on his price tag.
Old 28-07-2009, 07:01 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
Honestly, why does it matter? Think of how a fee effects the attitude of fans? Plus, it's not our money. I wish all transfers were undisclosed, if I am honest as a player would be judged on what he does on the field and not based on his price tag.
I could ask the clubs "Why does it matter", just tell us, we have a right to know.
Old 28-07-2009, 07:17 AM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It may be to not let other clubs know how much money they have, so they could push up the price in other deals.
Old 28-07-2009, 07:17 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John
Have noticed this in the majority of transfers this summer. We need journo's to do what they're good at ( making up b.s ) and exaggerate a rumoured price. Example: Joe Bloggs has signed for Stoke from Bristol rovers for a rumoured fee of 5 million. Stoke won't want anyone to think they've spent that much doe on a wanker and Rovers won't want anyone to think they've that much dosh to spend. Result: Paper is contacted by the clubs, who reveal the real fee was 8,000 quid and a bunch of flowers for the tea lady.
But the alternative applies too often as well. John Doe (a promising young youth player) signs for Melchester from Neasden for 1m plus add ons of up to 5m. Melchster wants their fans to think they are serious about promotion/getting into Europe and Neasden want their fans to think they have sold one of their favourites for a great price and can do a really good deal - result headline "Doe go for loads of Dough - 5m fee agreed" and fans tut tut about the stupidity of modern football fees and get on his back when he isn't the next Zidane.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 28-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Having a look here it certainly seems that most fees are undisclosed

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Here's a random selection - and they all seems bizarre to me.
Denis Behan [Cork City - Hartlepool] Undisclosed
Rhoys Wiggins [Crystal Palace - Norwich] Undisclosed
Zat Knight [Aston Villa - Bolton] Undisclosed
Chris Humphrey [Shrewsbury - Motherwell] Undisclosed

Why???

I can't for the life of me think of a good reason. And surely the figures must show up at some point - end of year accounts?
Old 28-07-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign
And surely the figures must show up at some point - end of year accounts?
That's what I would have thought which makes it even more pointless and seemingly underhand. Unless those figures don't get specified.
Old 28-07-2009, 08:30 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-dee
I could ask the clubs "Why does it matter", just tell us, we have a right to know.
How have we a right to know? Do you ask Tesco how much they pay for the stuff they sell? Why should the clubs tell us how much a player costs. Be much better if they we ALL undisclosed. I think the real reason, however, is that nobody knows. With extras for appearances, gaining promotion / avoiding relegation/winning cups/getting into Europe, image rights, ssell on clauses etc etc there is no real value to publish.
Old 28-07-2009, 08:34 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign
And surely the figures must show up at some point - end of year accounts?
Only as a lump sum and only what is paid out in a given year. Transfer spending / income for 2009 may well include money due on transfers completed a couple of years ago, which have just hit triggers and not include money that may become due on this years moves where triggers or phasing means it's not actually happened.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:50 PM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Another one that gets on my nerves is when you get a 16 year old little shit who's been done for stabbing someone, but 'cannot be named for legal reasons'

Why? - he's been jailed for legal reasons.
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990