Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-09-2021, 09:49 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I saw that. They seem to have discontinued the old London Country green 410 bus that went from Bromley North to Reigate.

Is the 410 from CP to Wallington a fairly new route? Would seem confusing if there had been two 410's.
410 from Crystal Palace to Wallington (via South Norwood/Central Croydon) has been running for 12+ years at least. It stopped right outside my old flat (which I escaped a little while ago). Are we thinking of the 409?
Old 20-09-2021, 03:35 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
410 from Crystal Palace to Wallington (via South Norwood/Central Croydon) has been running for 12+ years at least. It stopped right outside my old flat (which I escaped a little while ago). Are we thinking of the 409?
12+ years would explain it seeing as I left the area 40 years ago!

Pretty sure it was the 410 that ran from Bromley to Reigate (London Country double decker green bus) all those years ago.

Anyone been in The Fox to check it out lately?
Old 20-09-2021, 04:10 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncebckablty View Post
Hello!

Some of you back in 2012 might remember a post I made about The Swan in West Wickham.

My parents took that pub over for about 5-6 years and had a very successful period earning various pub and community awards in West Wickham.

Well, my parents decided to sell there lease to Bermondsey Pub Co. for various reasons.

4 years later and my parents have decided to venture back into the business they know so well and have taken over The Fox in Keston.

Now the pubs are slightly different but it will have the same feel as the Swan did.

Pub Grub, Lots of TV's, Lots of sport friendly atmosphere and of course lots of Palace! Prices are reasonable for the area!

So if you live local, fancy a pint, come to The Fox in Keston. All the bar-staff are friendly and the prices are reasonable.
awesome, will do. Is it bike friendly? Sometimes a few of us cycle past and stop for a pint in the Greyhound but happy to come to you instead.
Old 20-09-2021, 04:41 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
12+ years would explain it seeing as I left the area 40 years ago!

Pretty sure it was the 410 that ran from Bromley to Reigate (London Country double decker green bus) all those years ago.

Anyone been in The Fox to check it out lately?
I think the 410 was replaced by the 320 running from Bromley North to Biggin Hill area
Old 20-09-2021, 05:39 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post

The current 410 bus started in 1998.

The original 410 was a marvellous route served by unusual - for London - buses, low height to enable them to get under the railway bridge at Oxted. As avid bus number collectors in the early 1960s it was a must.

More about the 410 bus route: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-09-2021, 05:55 PM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
The current 410 bus started in 1998.

The original 410 was a marvellous route served by unusual - for London - buses, low height to enable them to get under the railway bridge at Oxted. As avid bus number collectors in the early 1960s it was a must.

More about the 410 bus route: To view the link you have to Register or Login
I think the London Country or greenline bus franchises also had a 410 route starting at Bromley North/ or maybe as far as Catford many years ago.
I think when these franchises became consolidated into the London bus network, they had to change it to 320
Old 20-09-2021, 06:34 PM

Johnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is here
Going to have a session at the Fox Friday week with old workmates and will report back on the beer and food after
Old 25-09-2021, 11:02 AM

Johnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is hereJohnsonpen Sam the man is here
Sadly we were there from 12 to 3 and not that many customers. Menu very limited as were the choice of beers. Harveys and Doombar pumps but only Timothy Taylor Landlord available. Hopefully for them busier in the evenings.