Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM

Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Vicmo has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Problem is I think the UK now has the Trump affect. it doesn't matter how poor Johnson is, 40% will vote for him. Especially if no alternative isn't provided that isn't just seen as the "liberal establishment".

Why would Tory MPs turn on him when for months the Tory vote has been stable in the polls and around the same level as the general election.
He's crapped on at least half of them already, the ones who are on side are refusing to back him on anything because whenever they do he U-turns almost five minutes later throwing them under the bus in the process. The heavy hitters are turning on him and some of the younger intake were never aligned with a lot of his views.

He got them a massive majority which has bought him as much time as he has got so far but he has been a complete embarrassment ever since the election. I really think his days are numbered. They won't want to go anywhere near the next election up against Starmer who whilst being more wooden than a branch of Wickes, accentuates the PM's inadequacies and could get enough of the centre ground to form a coalition government with the SNP.
Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
'noon' is sufficient. I won't confuse it with '9 noon' or '3 noon'
Or a late night parliamentary debate at 12 midnight?
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Problem is I think the UK now has the Trump affect. it doesn't matter how poor Johnson is, 40% will vote for him. Especially if no alternative isn't provided that isn't just seen as the "liberal establishment".

Why would Tory MPs turn on him when for months the Tory vote has been stable in the polls and around the same level as the general election.
40% is a little high for a Johnson solid vote. 30%-35% is more realistic. Don't knows are rather high too, and so everything to play for.

The Tories have dropped 3.6% and Labour have gained 7.8% since the 2019 election result.

Last edited by SE25 exile; Yesterday at 01:08 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Problem is when you have a pop at their leader the two main areas that you cannot comment on are common sense and morality because that is a waste of time and does not equate to their mindset.

Despite Tory protestations it is not about Labour or other parties----it is just how appalling our Government is, led by lies and waffle and a total waste of his costly education by a man even by the standard of other party leaders is unfit for his office.
Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
Problem is when you have a pop at their leader the two main areas that you cannot comment on are common sense and morality because that is a waste of time and does not equate to their mindset.

Despite Tory protestations it is not about Labour or other parties----it is just how appalling our Government is, led by lies and waffle and a total waste of his costly education by a man even by the standard of other party leaders is unfit for his office.
Most sane people know that before he was elected. And the rest voted for him anyway.
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Most sane people know that before he was elected. And the rest voted for him anyway.
Worksop says "Hello".
Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Or a late night parliamentary debate at 12 midnight?
Again, ‘midnight’ is sufficient. Tautology is a massive peeve of mine & ‘12 noon’ is the worst of them
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Worksop says "Hello".
No. Worksop says you’re obsessed.

Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
I have spelt his name wrong, but not sure how Alofami (or Afolami I forget which is right) apposite
Abimbola (Bim) Afolami
Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Bin.
I think it is Bim, short for Abimbola.
Old Today, 12:45 AM
Gina Lollobrigida

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Not that I am aware of. For instance both you and wcb are both set up as BBS Angels. I know that some of the mods edits don’t show up as edited, mine did for ages and then suddenly they stopped about a year ago. No idea why.
My memory may be playing tricks on me - but as far as I remember there were various 'incentives' offered for the angels including:
  • Ability to turn off rep
  • Larger avatars
  • No edit history
  • Larger PM Capacity
  • Ability to be transparent/invisible

I bet if you delve around in the user admin panels deep enough you will find such a setting.

Last edited by A Wooden Fish On Wheels; Today at 01:30 AM.
Old Today, 09:52 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
^ BBS Parish Points
Urgent Appeal on behalf of the Red & Blue Cross. Donate a week's wages by calling the CPFC Box Office before 9/11 and perhaps we can avoid the horror of a football millionaire receiving just one rather than two Range Rovers this Christmas.