Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 12-06-2019, 11:41 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Watched the USA goals online, got to 11 and switched off. Garbage tbh, it was like Wayne Hennessey in goal for Thailand and a decent 'keeper would've kept it to about 4.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:51 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
On the strength of your post ,just had a look. Did they pick her out of the crowd at random. God knows what the second choice keeper is like.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:00 PM
Born in South London

Pinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is herePinkie Brown Sam the man is here
Thailand beat Jordan 6-1 in qualifying!!!!!!!!!

I guess it was Simon on his own.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:18 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Brown View Post
Thailand beat Jordan 6-1 in qualifying!!!!!!!!!

I guess it was Simon on his own.
Someone posted on Twitter that there was this sequence of results:

East Timor 0-12 Cambodia
Cambodia 0-11 Thailand
Thailand 0-13 USA

Which I guess would make East Timor basically a team of mannequins.
Old 12-06-2019, 12:29 PM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
I think I could take on the East Timorians myself, and notwithstanding the availability of a current squad picture, I think I could take them all on in the showers afterwards too.

Am I being sexist?
Old 12-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
It does seem like slots for each confederation are being allocated in step with the men's game as it is today. Continents like Asia and Africa took 40-50 years to become competitive and until their top teams proved themselves, would only get between 0.5 and 2 slots.

The women's game seems to have bypassed that stage.

Having said that Argentina were getting pastings 10 years ago but gave Japan a game the other day.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:36 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-06-2019, 03:20 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
My wife made some comment about the Thailand players all looked like young boys, and I made some stupid comment about men have the opposite problem when visiting Thailand... I gave up trying to explain in the end.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:43 PM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
Serena and Venus Williams were comfortably beaten by a guy ranked outside the top 200 who claimed he was playing well below his best because he didn’t need to.

Sports Women should be judged by their performances relative to their peers
This is the crux.
We shouldn’t really compare as it’s all about testosterone and muscle size, lung capacity etc.
Castor Semenya has these features and as such it is right not to allow her/him to compete against your typical female. The IAAF were right in their decision.
There would be no point in women competing in sport if they are always up against men. Completely unfair.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:12 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Having thought about this a bit more, I am warming to the plight of the US Women's Soccer teams gripe with equal pay with the men's team.

They are certainly as well, if not better supported than the men's team (albeit a high percentage of screaming schoolgirls), they have great if not better TV ratings when they play, and they are highly sponsored and have endorsements that are probably equal if not greater than the men.

The philosophical question is does this make up for the disparity in technical skills.

Should a darts or snooker player earn as much Premier League footballer? I don't know... it all comes down to TV ratings and sponsorship I guess. The sex of the participant probably does not come into it anymore, but more what the market can pay.

I see a slight similarity to the College Football debate here in the US... the games are watched by millions, bring millions of dollars to the universities, yet the participants (except the coach) get nothing (officially).
Old 12-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Watching Paint Dry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Having thought about this a bit more, I am warming to the plight of the US Women's Soccer teams gripe with equal pay with the men's team.

They are certainly as well, if not better supported than the men's team (albeit a high percentage of screaming schoolgirls), they have great if not better TV ratings when they play, and they are highly sponsored and have endorsements that are probably equal if not greater than the men.

The philosophical question is does this make up for the disparity in technical skills.

Should a darts or snooker player earn as much Premier League footballer? I don't know... it all comes down to TV ratings and sponsorship I guess. The sex of the participant probably does not come into it anymore, but more what the market can pay.

I see a slight similarity to the College Football debate here in the US... the games are watched by millions, bring millions of dollars to the universities, yet the participants (except the coach) get nothing (officially).
Equal pay is entirely fair in situations like that, where the women generate just as much if not more revenue than the men. However I read that the top player in the world refuses to play for Norway because they get paid less than the men, but surely it comes down to whether you can sell the same number of tickets at the same price as a men's international, and whether the same level of sponsorship can be achieved. The money has to come from somewhere.

Interesting you mention darts - I've thought for a while that someone is getting very rich out of that game and it's not the players. They draw large crowds to the Premier League, World Championships etc. and the Sky deal must generate a fair bit, but the prize money seems small in comparison.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:56 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
Equal pay is entirely fair in situations like that, where the women generate just as much if not more revenue than the men. However I read that the top player in the world refuses to play for Norway because they get paid less than the men, but surely it comes down to whether you can sell the same number of tickets at the same price as a men's international, and whether the same level of sponsorship can be achieved. The money has to come from somewhere.

Interesting you mention darts - I've thought for a while that someone is getting very rich out of that game and it's not the players. They draw large crowds to the Premier League, World Championships etc. and the Sky deal must generate a fair bit, but the prize money seems small in comparison.
But then you can argue it's not a level playing field in terms of the women having been given a chance to draw in the same audience as the men. So why should they be financially penalised for that?

It's a tricky issue. Certainly not black or white.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 12-06-2019, 06:38 PM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
At the France match watching the Norwegian keeper warm up, and there’s no way she’s not conceding at least 5 tonight. RIP Norway
Old 12-06-2019, 08:05 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Ouiiiiiii

France 1:0 Norway
Old 12-06-2019, 08:14 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Oh la la!

France 1 :1 Norway

Own goal from Renard, the Fox in the wrong box!
Old 12-06-2019, 08:16 PM

I think they've forgotten to plug in the VAR tonight!
Old 12-06-2019, 08:28 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Football's dead. Put it in the bin. ******* ridiculous.

Surprised they didn't give the pen and send the French girl off for going in 2 footed at the same time.

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 12-06-2019, 08:30 PM

They found the VAR plug at long last.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:30 PM
18 years for 3,670 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got the ball first..one of the camera angles clearly shows that but the VAR didn't show it to the ref.
That was what was shown on the big screen

Bloody VAR again...dreadful.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:31 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
That's an absolutely shocking decision, but even if it is a penalty there's no way that's a clear and obvious error.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end