Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 25-04-2012, 05:59 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the kooch
Drogba is the best striker in the world
When fully fit and not rolling around on the floor, I would agree with this.

He is such a complete centre forward.
Old 25-04-2012, 06:17 AM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
English club at the end of the day

Glad to see Barca get beaten on aggregate and
not piss all over English football like they have done the last few years
Old 25-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva
When fully fit and not rolling around on the floor, I would agree with this.

He is such a complete centre forward.
Not rolling on the floor trying to waste time with 35 minutes to go. Sorry, with those antics I desperately wanted Barca to win. Still, a real backs against the wall performance from plucky Chelsea.
Old 25-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch
English club at the end of the day
Well, they started the match with 4 English players. Which isn't bad I suppose.
Old 25-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Cashback!

SEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSEEPEEEFFSEE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That could well be the end of Barca's dominance of club football
2012 - CPFC 3-0 BHAFC
2013 - BHAFC 0-2 CPFC (Play off Semi Final 2nd leg)
Old 25-04-2012, 09:16 AM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
Over the two legs, it must rank among the luckiest cup qualifications. Barcelona absolutely battered Chelsea, peppering shot after shot on goal, hitting the woodwork four times and having 80% of the ball in both matches. But, of course, the only stat that matters is the goals column, and one has to respect the sheer heart and desire of a makeshift Chelsea back line (even if I do hate the club and what it stands for).

Credit to the tactics of Chelsea - it was the only way they could possibly qualify. Although I have very fixed, semi-romantic views about the game and how I like it played, there is no right way to play the game, and no team has a God given right to play and do as they wish. However, as with Greece in 2004 and Inter in 2010, I hope this isn't a blueprint for playing against a side like Barcelona; it can't be healthy for the game if more and more sides take such an approach. You can beat Barcelona by attacking them - Arsenal did it last season; Real Madrid did it on Saturday.

There are some bizarre comments about Barcelona, and Messi in particular. They are still a wonderful side, who you can be sure will come back much stronger next year (plus they still have the Copa del Rey final to come). Losing a couple of matches, and not winning every trophy every year, does not mean the end of a dynasty; it does not mean suddenly they are, historically speaking, mediocre. Even the greatest club and international sides can't win everything. Just look at Barcelona's stats, and their trophy cabinet from recent times. If they don't win anything significant next year or the year after, maybe you can ask serious questions, but I suspect we all know they will. They will still, in my view, end up being the greatest team of all time - a feat made all the more remarkable when you consider how many of the team are homegrown (I acknowledge some were brought in at 14/15).

Similarly, Messi will, again in my view, be regarded as the greatest player ever to play the game (if he's not already). Look at what he has achieved. Look at his medals, and goals and assists. Look at his performances in big games like the Champions League finals of 2009 and 2011 for example. Yes, he's had a quiet week, but it's not always easy when you're being marked by eight players. Plus, a lick of paint can make any know-it-all a captain of hindsight; would the Mexican have created such a ludicrous thread if his penalty had gone in and his shot snuck in the post? Internationally he needs to do more, but he's been mismanaged at times, and it's easy to forget he's still just 24; plenty of big tournaments left in him. People say he can't be a great or the greatest until he wins a World Cup, ideally single-handedly. What if he was Scottish or Iraqi or Canadian? Would he still be expected to win a World Cup?

Barcelona need a couple of key signings, and it will be interesting to see if this season's relative failures strengthen Guardiola's desire to stay. They need a decent left-back (Bale, even though it's no longer his main position?) and a new central defender - Thiago Silva fits the bill absolutely perfectly. They also need a plan B, much as it's a cliche to say it. I'm loathe to sound terribly British, and rather like a certain long-ball loving, Owen Garvan hating poster on here, but they could do with a physical presence in forward areas, as they have done in the past with players like Larsson and Eto'o and Ibrahimović. I'm not saying they need an out and out lump, but an exceptional striker who also happens to be physical and very good in the air; Fernando Llorente would be ideal but it's difficult to tempt a player if he knows he's going to be on the bench a lot.

In terms of gamesmanship, I've been quietly pleased with Barcelona in the past week. There's still far too much of it, but the usual suspects like Biscuits and Alves have been reasonably well behaved, especially in El Clásico. Yes Sánchez was making a meal of things, but ultimately it was a red card (what a bone-headed action from the captain) and it was a penalty. The biggest embarrassment of the semi-final was Drogba (another reason to dislike Chelsea, added to the racist scumbag captain who is controlling matters with a puppet in charge, pampered senior players who were a disgrace under AVB, fans of questionable ethics and money of questionable source).

I suspect last night was Chelsea's final. Given the energy used, the players suspended or injured and the negative, long ball tactics that won't work again, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the final is a very one-sided affair.
Old 25-04-2012, 09:30 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Wow excellent post Pardews shorts, can´t disagree with any of that, Messi is incredible had that penalty gone in that would of made him the highest scorer in a season in the history of the Championsleague, would of been just another record, whats he scored something like 60 goals in all competitions this season? averaging almost a goal a game for Barca, at 24? that´s purely and simply unbelievable whichever way you choose to look at it.

and yes they need Alan Lee
Old 25-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
pardew's shorts says it all well. Like many others, I think this is the best football side I've ever seen, but their stubbornness over the last week has made me reconsider a bit. I thought playing Cuenca meant a change, but, no, he never tried to beat Cole on the outside or make a direct run into the area. Every single time he took a touch and played it back inside, same with Iniesta and when Cuenca changed flanks. That's fine when it works, but when it doesn't, you have to try something different. How many chances did they create after the missed penalty, apart from Messi hitting the post? Can't help thinking the team with Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Messi up front would have done better. You can see why they want Bale and Van Persie.
Old 25-04-2012, 12:15 PM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't get why Barca didn't start crossing it more - hard, low dangerous crosses that cause confusion and can ricochet to one of their players in the box. It's not precise, but when you've played precise passing football for 135 minutes and not had much success, surely time to try something new. Too one dimensional.
Old 25-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Best story all day. Maybe "I will get your team to play like Barcelona" will now mean lumping it upfield!!
Old 25-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardew's shorts

I suspect last night was Chelsea's final. Given the energy used, the players suspended or injured and the negative, long ball tactics that won't work again, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the final is a very one-sided affair.

lets hope so. and lets hope they dont adopt freedmans tactics of 4-6-0 formation aswell

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 25-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Scotland

CPFCLiam knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?CPFCLiam knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?CPFCLiam knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?CPFCLiam knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?CPFCLiam knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?CPFCLiam knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?CPFCLiam knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?CPFCLiam knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?CPFCLiam knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?CPFCLiam knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?CPFCLiam knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos-er
I've seen it all now. **** off. Don't you ******* dare compare any Palace performance to those *****. Wankers.
Piss off I'll do what I wish.

When did I compare their performance to ours? All I said was watching Chelsea defend for their lives reminded me of the Palace match, only harder due to the fact they had 10 men, were playing the best team in the world, had both two first-choice CB's off the pitch and were playing away from home.

Believe me, I hate Chelsea I really do, but you have to give credit where it is deserved and they definitely deserved it for their performance last night.

However I'd love to see them get stuffed by Bayern in the final....

EDIT: Just seen your most recent post, fair play for apologising, hope it was just a heat of the moment thing.

Last edited by CPFCLiam; 25-04-2012 at 03:31 PM.