Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 20-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
"All managers need to be fully involved in transfers"

In light of what happened last summer with Pulis I thought this was an interesting comment from Pardew recently and worthy of discussion. Also, based on the comments that we can compete with the likes of Everton, Newcastle and even Spurs I'm assuming this means he wants us to go into the 50k/week+ category for players.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cant deny it is exciting being linked to players like Cabaye, Remy etc. but am I the only one who feels a bit uneasy about the ever increasing wage bill? I reckon keeping Pardew happy with the transfer situation could be a tough task for Parish this summer, hope they find the right balance and signings.
Old 20-06-2015, 03:44 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Just having a sly pop at the Newcastle regime.
Old 20-06-2015, 04:03 PM

palace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningpalace_boy_luke would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
In light of what happened last summer with Pulis I thought this was an interesting comment from Pardew recently and worthy of discussion. Also, based on the comments that we can compete with the likes of Everton, Newcastle and even Spurs I'm assuming this means he wants us to go into the 50k/week+ category for players.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cant deny it is exciting being linked to players like Cabaye, Remy etc. but am I the only one who feels a bit uneasy about the ever increasing wage bill? I reckon keeping Pardew happy with the transfer situation could be a tough task for Parish this summer, hope they find the right balance and signings.
When Hull signed players they had relegation clauses of 50% wage decrease should they go down, I'd be very surprised if we don't have something similar when we sign players
Old 20-06-2015, 04:04 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Viera walked away because of their transfer policy. He has also said that the chairmans job is to run the football club sensibly.

As for 50k a week. Having one or 2 players on that or more is not the end of the world. An extra 20k a week is a million for the year. Given we have earned 10m more than budgeted in the last 2 years, if that was invested soley in wages it would allow an extra 200k a week!!!
Old 21-06-2015, 08:50 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_boy_luke View Post
When Hull signed players they had relegation clauses of 50% wage decrease should they go down, I'd be very surprised if we don't have something similar when we sign players
I checked this and it says "up to 50%" but I would be surprised if most deals aren't more like 25%. Either way we could be looking at paying salaries of somewhere between 25k-35k/week in the Championship, and having seen clubs like Bolton, Fulham, Cardiff etc struggling with overpaid players it is a concern.
Old 21-06-2015, 08:52 AM
Time is running out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Viera walked away because of their transfer policy. He has also said that the chairmans job is to run the football club sensibly.

As for 50k a week. Having one or 2 players on that or more is not the end of the world. An extra 20k a week is a million for the year. Given we have earned 10m more than budgeted in the last 2 years, if that was invested soley in wages it would allow an extra 200k a week!!!
Problem is that once you have 1 player earning 50k/week then the other players start knocking on the manager's door asking for the same.
Old 21-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
I swear I've seen those comments somewhere before, but interesting that he feels we can compete with the likes of Spurs!

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 21-06-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 21-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
Just having a sly pop at the Newcastle regime.
My thoughts too
Old 21-06-2015, 10:07 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I swear I've seen those comments somewhere before, but interesting that he feels we can compete with the likes of Spurs!
Im sure those comments are from post match after one of the last few games,

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 21-06-2015, 11:39 AM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post

So glad you are not a financial director