Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:17 PM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lombardi View Post
Roy on Sorloth. He sees him everyday.

Alexander Sørloth: “He’s a much better player than he’s been able to show in the games because we see him every day in training, but for goalscorers confidence plays a big part. Perhaps the last thing you want as a centre-forward is to see the opposing team put 10 players behind the ball so every time it arrives in your area you have two guys around you waiting to nick it off you if your control isn’t quite right.

“I think he was unlucky – in the very first minute we had a very good attack and cross from Andros and he headed it very well to the far post and it was cleared off the line. Had it gone in, it would have been a good goal and got us off to a perfect start, and him too as he would have scored in the first couple of minutes. It was a tough ask and Connor found it the same when he came on.”
He’s hardly going to say “ why the **** did we sign him, he’s the worse forward I have ever seen. He had no positional sense, isn’t hungry enough and has no pace for a young player. I’m forced to play him due to the clubs immense failure to sign a decent striker who can hit the ground running and everyone else is injured “.
Old 06-01-2019, 12:42 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Confidence or not you at least try and and show a level of acceptable effort. Didn't see none of that yesterday I'm afraid against, with respect league 2 defenders. All I saw was a player strolling around in a sulk.

2 efforts he had in the first half which I had a great view off. First the one where he looped the ball back over the keepers head. I actually thought it was a poor effort for a 6ft+ giant. I don't know why he tried to loop it over when it was placed right on his head to bury. Well in fact I do have a thought. His the only 6ft+ player that ends up being 5ft 8 when he jumps. It was a great ball for him to power home but he just doesn't appear to be able to get up hence why his timing was out and ended up having to loop it with little power.

The 2nd effort was when the ball came back off the post. This is where I'm left with no sympathy what so ever. The ball was there to throw your body at it. Doesn't matter if it comes off your arse even. He just didn't have no anticipation of where the ball was going to land or desire to get it. He's twice the size of the Grimsby defender and instead of just throwing himself at it he just watched.

Sorry he's just a poor player. He was given the ideal opportunity yesterday and fluffed it. I'm not sure if Roy was actually being a bit cute in leaving him on for as long as he did. I would've had him off at half time but he even gave him a longer than expected spell in the 2nd half. Was that a message to Parish to say 'look we're desperate for a forward so sort it out'
Old 06-01-2019, 12:57 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRP View Post
He’s hardly going to say “ why the **** did we sign him, he’s the worse forward I have ever seen. He had no positional sense, isn’t hungry enough and has no pace for a young player. I’m forced to play him due to the clubs immense failure to sign a decent striker who can hit the ground running and everyone else is injured “.

I think it’s a pretty good response from Roy that not o it gives the guy backing but also tries to encourage the fans there is more to him.

Very diplomatic piece of media work from Roy.
Old 06-01-2019, 01:35 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hopefully he's said this to Parish.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:03 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Sometimes a young player who looks ordinary gets a chance and thrives on the big stage so it’s always worth giving them a chance. Some horses are not good trainers but are top class on the track. Much better to find out before letting them go or spending big on some one else’s prospect. Yesterday was a chance lost we played an unfit CW and AS who looks to be going out on loan or at best has had a few chances.
A chance lost to play who? Which players would you have brought up from the 23s?

Daly is injured (by a club employee no less!).

On topic: Sorloth is not a top division footballer, and he showed that again yesterday. I don't think it's fair to berate him for not being good enough, but I would have opted for Wickham personally.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 06-01-2019, 02:17 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
A chance lost to play who? Which players would you have brought up from the 23s?

Daly is injured (by a club employee no less!).

On topic: Sorloth is not a top division footballer, and he showed that again yesterday. I don't think it's fair to berate him for not being good enough, but I would have opted for Wickham personally.
Have to ask, without naming names, how was Daly injured by a club employee? From the way you word it do you mean by something other than a training ground injury?
Old 06-01-2019, 02:20 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Sometimes a young player who looks ordinary gets a chance and thrives on the big stage so it’s always worth giving them a chance. Some horses are not good trainers but are top class on the track. Much better to find out before letting them go or spending big on some one else’s prospect. Yesterday was a chance lost we played an unfit CW and AS who looks to be going out on loan or at best has had a few chances.
But how does an unfit Connie Wickham get fit unless he plays some minutes?!
Old 06-01-2019, 02:25 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
But how does an unfit Connie Wickham get fit unless he plays some minutes?!
He needs a baseline level of fitness before he can start in a match... just putting him on and telling him to run his nuts off until he drops, will only result in more injuries. It's quite clear he is having his recovery carefully monitored.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:30 PM

justjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is herejustjuice Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't think it's fair to berate him for not being good enough, but I would have opted for Wickham personally.

Indeed, it’s not his fault. Whoever targeted and scouted him needs berating.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:34 PM

Ifill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIfill Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
My suspicion is he’s got problems in his head. He knows he shouldn’t be playing at this level and he’s developed an inferiority complex which is compounding the ability issue. I don’t think it’s as simple as not trying.
I think this is a fair point, he needs to go out on loan and start rebuilding his self-esteem. He should be nowhere near the first team.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:36 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Have to ask, without naming names, how was Daly injured by a club employee? From the way you word it do you mean by something other than a training ground injury?
Ghass Sow (Academy liaison officer) fouled him during Merstham vs Kingstonian last week.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 06-01-2019, 03:11 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
He could have said he was unlucky and lacks confidence and may need to be loaned out. Roy doesnt come across as the most diplomatic manager. So maybe there is more truth in it than you think. Also saw the highlights. He laid off ball well. Header was well directed just unfortunately defender covered his keeper. The chance from a yard out.....he did best anyone could. Keeper was right on top of him. People criticise because they love to criticise players. I criticise Roy because he frustrates me. I think people are friustrated by us not burying teams and find a scapegoat to denigrste. Ayew has now won favour. I will reserve judgment on Sorloth when he's had as many starts as Ayew
Old 06-01-2019, 03:22 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
You said he was a decent 4th option. I'm saying that he's not even adequate. I wouldn't expect the 4th option to be a decent option, but I would expect them to be adequate. I agree that the academy is the place where you hope this guy can come from.
He is a decent fourth option - you shouldn't be looking to play your fourth choice striker regularly in Premier League games - we have been doing that because we have two crocked strikers and one who looked like he didn't really want to be at the club *****il the start of the New Year!). Sorloth looked very promising at Everton on his debut - he caused havoc in the air playing wide left (he won every header), created opportunities for Benteke (who missed a couple of sitters) and only a brilliant save stopped him scoring with a header from a corner in the second half. His confidence is low at the moment - a loan out would be best for all concerned but we can only do that if the other three forwards are all fit.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:23 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
He could have said he was unlucky and lacks confidence and may need to be loaned out. Roy doesnt come across as the most diplomatic manager. So maybe there is more truth in it than you think. Also saw the highlights. He laid off ball well. Header was well directed just unfortunately defender covered his keeper. The chance from a yard out.....he did best anyone could. Keeper was right on top of him. People criticise because they love to criticise players. I criticise Roy because he frustrates me. I think people are friustrated by us not burying teams and find a scapegoat to denigrste. Ayew has now won favour. I will reserve judgment on Sorloth when he's had as many starts as Ayew
The thing he lacks more than confidence is game time and for that you have to question Roy and his insistence on playing so many games without a centre forward. Even I might add against inferior opposition.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:39 PM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Give Daly a shout? Have you ever seen him play?
Not beyond some touches on some long shot video from a U23 match. But he could have been no more ineffective than Sørloth in an early cup tie. He looks the part in a kit and then you see that he has no lift and will never beat anyone to a ball with his head. The only way to find out if a kid is really going to make it is in a real situation.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
personally I thought he had a decent first half yesterday..... only a great save stopped him from scoring
Old 06-01-2019, 03:42 PM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sørloth has started in the league cup games, the fa cup game, come on as sub numerous times and has never looked like a man who should be starting premier league matches. I don’t understand why some say don’t judge unless he has a run of games. He has had plenty of game time to make an impression and failed.

It was an experiment that has run its course and for his own good he needs to find a lower level club.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:50 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
Ahhh...an oasis of objectivity amongst the vitriol. Nice to know such posts can still exist after so long within the elitism and snobbery of the Premiership.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:53 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiebald Leitch View Post
Sørloth has started in the league cup games, the fa cup game, come on as sub numerous times and has never looked like a man who should be starting premier league matches. I don’t understand why some say don’t judge unless he has a run of games. He has had plenty of game time to make an impression and failed.

It was an experiment that has run its course and for his own good he needs to find a lower level club.
Yep
Old 06-01-2019, 03:53 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
personally I thought he had a decent first half yesterday..... only a great save stopped him from scoring
He did everything right for the first goal line clearance and had a split second to react for the second chance. Sorloth could have easily scored twice. I suspect it would have made no difference to some, anyway. It's all Sorloth's fault he's not Mo Salah and that we have no ambition as a club and a shit scouting network, ect.