Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:03 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
He is a decent fourth option - you shouldn't be looking to play your fourth choice striker regularly in Premier League games - we have been doing that because we have two crocked strikers and one who looked like he didn't really want to be at the club *****il the start of the New Year!). Sorloth looked very promising at Everton on his debut - he caused havoc in the air playing wide left (he won every header), created opportunities for Benteke (who missed a couple of sitters) and only a brilliant save stopped him scoring with a header from a corner in the second half. His confidence is low at the moment - a loan out would be best for all concerned but we can only do that if the other three forwards are all fit.
That's a matter of opinion, and I cannot agree unfortunately. The guy has been here a year now and has done nothing to suggest he will ever be good enough for this level. Martin Kelly needs to be looked at as the poster boy for 3rd/4th choice players. Works hard, gets on with it, and when called upon he usually is completely very competent.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:09 PM

glenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is hereglenn.f Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstone Eagle View Post
Yep
Ere Penstone if you're not spouting poison on these boards against all our shortcomings, how come you seem to spend as much energy nodding furiously and agreeing with virtually every other negative post with such obvious relish.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:09 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
He could have said he was unlucky and lacks confidence and may need to be loaned out. Roy doesnt come across as the most diplomatic manager. So maybe there is more truth in it than you think. Also saw the highlights. He laid off ball well. Header was well directed just unfortunately defender covered his keeper. The chance from a yard out.....he did best anyone could. Keeper was right on top of him. People criticise because they love to criticise players. I criticise Roy because he frustrates me. I think people are friustrated by us not burying teams and find a scapegoat to denigrste. Ayew has now won favour. I will reserve judgment on Sorloth when he's had as many starts as Ayew
Sorloth has had 8 starts and 12 sub appearances for us
Ayew has had 10 starts and 6 sub appearances for us

So it isn't that different.

When he has had proper striker opportunities, Ayew has shown he can finish. Sorloth hasn't.

Also, I think it is the fee which sticks with people more. That isn't Alex's fault but it contributes to everyone's frustration with the signing. When you compare the two players, I believe the permanent fee for Ayew (if we pay it) will be less than it is for Sorloth. Ayew is a player who has scored goals in the Premier League and Sorloth is a man who completely flopped in the Dutch league. The price we paid for him was absurd and that is why people expect more from him. If we had only spent a £3-4m tops we would have overspent, but I think fans would be less frustrated by his performances.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 06-01-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:10 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Ghass Sow (Academy liaison officer) fouled him during Merstham vs Kingstonian last week.
That's the same Ghass Sow who used to play for our youth team I presume?
Old 06-01-2019, 04:18 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Guess so
Old 06-01-2019, 04:23 PM

xmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is herexmasape Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can't be too many Ghass Sows running about.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:23 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardo's hair View Post
He could have said he was unlucky and lacks confidence and may need to be loaned out. Roy doesnt come across as the most diplomatic manager. So maybe there is more truth in it than you think. Also saw the highlights. He laid off ball well. Header was well directed just unfortunately defender covered his keeper. The chance from a yard out.....he did best anyone could. Keeper was right on top of him. People criticise because they love to criticise players. I criticise Roy because he frustrates me. I think people are friustrated by us not burying teams and find a scapegoat to denigrste. Ayew has now won favour. I will reserve judgment on Sorloth when he's had as many starts as Ayew

Yep. He may turn out shit, but he deserves a chance. He wasn’t the worst player yesterday by a long shot. He is getting way too much criticism. I thought Sourè was piss poor positionally yesterday... continually caught out by the same ball in the box. Wilf was also poor.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:28 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmasape View Post
Can't be too many Ghass Sows running about.

According to Wiki our old one plays for Lewes.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:30 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
If money is short or ffp then Sorloth to championship club for a player ( midfielder, winger, foward plus a smallish amount of cash makes sense )
Or exchange with a Premiership struggler -Huddersfield, Cardiff . ( Billing , Murphy)
Old 06-01-2019, 04:32 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Yep. He may turn out shit, but he deserves a chance. He wasn’t the worst player yesterday by a long shot. He is getting way too much criticism. I thought Sourè was piss poor positionally yesterday... continually caught out by the same ball in the box. Wilf was also poor.
Agreed but how long does he and Jairo fall to dominate .
Old 06-01-2019, 04:33 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
personally I thought he had a decent first half yesterday..... only a great save stopped him from scoring
I agree , just saw highlights again - he was at full stretch for the header , defender nudged him and he still directed ball away from keeper , it wasn't a powder puff effort . Yes he could have done better overall ( as could most of team and in reality Wickham did less when he came on ) . Sorloth has looked good in some cameos when he comes on but he must be aware that he has limited time to impress as substitute and I think it plays on his mind . Personally I feel he needs to add some aggression to his game but some of the abuse he gets on here is ridiculous .

His Premier League appearances this season are

Total 166 mins all from bench

5 games 10 mins or less

5 games 20 mins or less

1 game 26 mins 1 game 33 mins
Old 06-01-2019, 04:37 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Yankee View Post
Not beyond some touches on some long shot video from a U23 match. But he could have been no more ineffective than Sørloth in an early cup tie. He looks the part in a kit and then you see that he has no lift and will never beat anyone to a ball with his head. The only way to find out if a kid is really going to make it is in a real situation.
So we should play any random 18-year-old who has scored goals in the Bostik Premier League because the only way you'll ever know if he's good enough is to play him?

If Daly had been scoring in League 1 then sure, I'd be happy to give him a go but he isn't.

Sorloth is young as well, is it not better to give him a chance to build his confidence and see if he can improve, given that he has played far more professional games?

Quote:
Yes, that's the one. Joined Merstham from Lewes in the summer, and has been excellent for the last two seasons.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 06-01-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:45 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Ghass Sow (Academy liaison officer) fouled him during Merstham vs Kingstonian last week.
Have you more on that. I was at the game and he was kicked on the ankl after outmuscling half the Merstham midfield. I Hadn't realised it was Sow with a fairly nasty challenge. I think Daly would be as willing as they come but a bit too raw for the Prem,
Old 06-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranesparkeagle View Post
Have you more on that. I was at the game and he was kicked on the ankl after outmuscling half the Merstham midfield. I Hadn't realised it was Sow with a fairly nasty challenge. I think Daly would be as willing as they come but a bit too raw for the Prem,
Nah just know that Sow fouled him and he had to go off injured.

I agree. Daly is as hard working as they come but not yet ready to play for our first team.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 06-01-2019, 05:49 PM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
For those saying he was unlucky with the header back over the keeper having seen the highlights. I honestly tell you it really wasn't.

I was sitting right in line and had a great view. It was a beauty of a ball put up there for him to bullet home like a Chris Coleman header back in the day. You could see what needed to be done but it was like his timing was all wrong. He also doesn't appear to get up very well in general. This meant he had no option but to loop it back instead of a bullet into the net. It really wasn't a great effort. Just poor positional awareness.

What the highlights didn't show was the amount of dangerous balls put into the box, for once, and no one with the awareness or desire to gamble and put themselevs in the mixer for a goalscoring opportunity.

This isn't fans unfairly slaughtering a player. The clubs scouting network decided to spend an awful lot of money on him. Again that's not his fault. He simply isn't good enough
Old 06-01-2019, 05:57 PM

Braintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
For those saying he was unlucky with the header back over the keeper having seen the highlights. I honestly tell you it really wasn't.

I was sitting right in line and had a great view. It was a beauty of a ball put up there for him to bullet home like a Chris Coleman header back in the day. You could see what needed to be done but it was like his timing was all wrong. He also doesn't appear to get up very well in general. This meant he had no option but to loop it back instead of a bullet into the net. It really wasn't a great effort. Just poor positional awareness.

What the highlights didn't show was the amount of dangerous balls put into the box, for once, and no one with the awareness or desire to gamble and put themselevs in the mixer for a goalscoring opportunity.

This isn't fans unfairly slaughtering a player. The clubs scouting network decided to spend an awful lot of money on him. Again that's not his fault. He simply isn't good enough
Agree with every word of this. I am fed up with seeing Sorloth jog from one side of the 18 yd box to the other with no urgency, fight or desire to challenge properly for crosses. I would honestly rather have the 1980's useless lump Trevor Aylott playing. I genuinely think he would offer more of a threat.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:35 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
He was very disappointing yesterday no desire to get in the right position static movement no aggression. A very poor display.

The total opposite of how Mark Bright used to perform
Old 06-01-2019, 06:36 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn.f View Post
Ere Penstone if you're not spouting poison on these boards against all our shortcomings, how come you seem to spend as much energy nodding furiously and agreeing with virtually every other negative post with such obvious relish.
Yep .
Old 06-01-2019, 06:40 PM

Dave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDave Hedgehog came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorloth has the right attributes but fans are right to have lost faith.

That lack of urgency and desire is unforgivable in English football and quickly gets exposed.

No doubt he would do well on the continent but something is missing for him to make it over here. Really disappointing.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:48 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
Sorloth has the right attributes but fans are right to have lost faith.

That lack of urgency and desire is unforgivable in English football and quickly gets exposed.

No doubt he would do well on the continent but something is missing for him to make it over here. Really disappointing.
Really? He was a flop in Holland.