Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 27-09-2019, 09:08 PM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibalama View Post
Ridiculous. None of these acts had the depth on their albums.
Im taking the piss with Slaugter and Dogs, funnily enough
Old 27-09-2019, 09:11 PM
I’m a bear in Madrid

nibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Im taking the piss with Slaugter and Dogs, funnily enough
And I thought you were taking the piss with all of them.
Old 27-09-2019, 09:15 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Another band i'd rather put on than beatles any day.

I’d rather watch Palace than Man City any day but....

Same thing.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 27-09-2019, 09:19 PM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
The best band from now or then. Sublime songwriting skills no other group can equal in the depth they managed to produce. Other bands (The Kinks, The Beach Boys etc.), have had equal or arguably better moments, but as I say, not over album after album, year after year. Add to that the cheeky charisma from 63 to 65, to the more intense edge from 66 to the end, and combined with the music, you begin to understand why they were so far ahead of the competition. The biggest disappointment was their live work. Short sets drowned out by screaming girls, and nothing live and in public (the roof gig excepted), since 66. Nonetheless, for me, their work and their impact on modern popular music is absolutely timeless and will never diminish.
Old 27-09-2019, 09:22 PM
I’m a bear in Madrid

nibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnibalama came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think some people are missing the point.
Small Faces, The Kinks, Dr Feelgood produced great singles and the odd fantastic album and b side, but The Beatles put together a body of work that far surpassed any other act in quality and innovation.
Old 27-09-2019, 09:25 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Any of you Beatle fans ever created your own Beatles Black album before?

Here’s a perfect explanation if you don’t know what I’m talking about...

Even though a lot of Paul, John and George’s solo albums were far from complete, I think they still would’ve carried on making solid great albums together. I ended up making a Black album for just their solo work between 1970 - 1971. Went for a White album style double album and given Ringo his customary one track.

Instant Karma
Every night
My sweet Lord
Cold Turkey
Maybe I’m amazed
Give me some truth
Junk
Imagine
Another day
Isolation
Uncle Albert
Give peace a chance

Too many people
Jealous guy
Dear Boy
Oh my love
It don’t come easy
That would be something
Wah wah
Love
Monkberry moon delight
All things must pass
Back seat of my car
God

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 27-09-2019, 09:29 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Although I'm not a prolific Beatles fan or listener, I would say over the 50+ years of hearing their work on albums and on the radio, I'm still amazed that I will occasionally hear a song that for the best of my knowledge I have never heard before by them.

In fact this happened during the week. Not sure what it was, but sure seemed new to my ears.
Old 27-09-2019, 10:48 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bands who were better than the Beatles:

The Kinks
The Small Faces
Love
Pink Floyd
The Faces
Little Feet
Slaughter and the Dogs
And Little Feat.

I have the Faces boxset and it is great music but as a body of music; Rubber Soul onwards, it is very hard to beat. Other than the Kinks and Small Faces no one is going to sing along to the others on your list.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 28-09-2019 at 08:12 AM.
Old 27-09-2019, 11:10 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
I was always a Stones fan so maybe went for the rivalry option (Palace v Brighton) although my Christmas present in 1963 was the single 'I want to hold your hand'. Maybe there were a couple of other bigger presents but that is all I remember so it clearly made an impression on me.

A year later In had enough money to buy the second Stones album.

It is only in recent years that I have bought the Beatles' Rubber Soul onwards and realised what fantastic music they produced in a relatively short time.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 27-09-2019, 11:15 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
The Beatles were apparently very exciting live when you could still hear them. You see some of those stadium gigs, and they are just playing through a PA.
However I had a live album of theirs recorded at the Hollywood Bowl and i love it in a way. You can hardly hear the band, but the screaming kids sound fantastic.
Old 27-09-2019, 11:20 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
The Beatles were apparently very exciting live when you could still hear them. You see some of those stadium gigs, and they are just playing through a PA.
However I had a live album of theirs recorded at the Hollywood Bowl and i love it in a way. You can hardly hear the band, but the screaming kids sound fantastic.
My wife was there at the Hollywood Bowl as an 11 year old. Must be where she learnt to talk so bloody loud...
Old 28-09-2019, 04:12 AM

These guys are probably the zenith in Beatle tribute acts. They don’t bother with trying to look like them or vocally sound like them, but what they do do is go to ridiculous lengths to replicate their studio albums using the same instruments used and replicating the exact same sound and music. It’s an extraordinary feat, considering The Beatles themselves wouldn’t have been able to replicate live their complex studio albums.

Peppers

- John Peel
Old 28-09-2019, 04:18 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
I was born in 1964 so they passed me by when they were at the height of their peak but my older brother and sister had their bedrooms covered in Beatles wallpaper apparently.
I appreciate their massive contribution to music but I think I'd have been a Kinks man had I been older at that time.
I probably still can't get past that scouse thing.
Old 28-09-2019, 04:26 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
These guys are probably the zenith in Beatle tribute acts. They don’t bother with trying to look like them or vocally sound like them, but what they do do is go to ridiculous lengths to replicate their studio albums using the same instruments used and replicating the exact same sound and music. It’s an extraordinary feat, considering The Beatles themselves wouldn’t have been able to replicate live their complex studio albums.

Peppers

Stop pontificating about The Beatles Bubbs and pull your finger out your arse and post up a new Palace minute.
Thanking you in advance.
Old 28-09-2019, 05:30 AM

Stan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is hereStan the man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Any of you Beatle fans ever created your own Beatles Black album before?

Here’s a perfect explanation if you don’t know what I’m talking about...

Uncle Albert
Old 28-09-2019, 08:06 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Its like reading a thread written by Jehovahs Witnesses.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 28-09-2019, 08:12 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Its like reading a thread written by Jehovahs Witnesses.
Or Corbyn's cult

Most over rated band in history

But music is individual taste so I've no issues with people who think they're great. Most people would probably think my taste in music is shit
Old 28-09-2019, 10:00 AM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPercy Dalton came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
First saw the Beatles on Ready Steady Go in 60' something. Had heard their music before but as we really only had Luxembourg on the the old Crystal set, BBC was really a waste of time then until the pirate ships came along. Anyway RSG hooked me and been a huge fan since.

However I think of them as the ones who broke the glass ceiling and were the catalyst for everything in the 60's culture

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane

Last edited by Percy Dalton; 28-09-2019 at 11:26 AM.
Old 28-09-2019, 10:02 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
I was always a Stones fan so maybe went for the rivalry option (Palace v Brighton) although my Christmas present in 1963 was the single 'I want to hold your hand'. Maybe there were a couple of other bigger presents but that is all I remember so it clearly made an impression on me.

A year later In had enough money to buy the second Stones album.

It is only in recent years that I have bought the Beatles' Rubber Soul onwards and realised what fantastic music they produced in a relatively short time.
I don’t get that rivalry. Yes the two biggest bands in the late 60s and all that, but just so different. May as well have a rivalry between Iron Maiden and Culture Club.

What I always say about the Beatles and the Stones is that if I had to pick 50 songs or less, I’d go with the Stones. If I had to pick 100 songs, I’d go with the Beatles. Just think their back catalogue is near unmatched.
Old 28-09-2019, 10:30 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here

SaulAlinsky