Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-10-2019, 06:48 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Selhurst View Post
Easy - Replace RE with PE

What about less emphasis on learning a foreign language ?

I appreciate it takes dedication and hard work to learn a foreign language, but in the real world, how many people really use a foreign language in their job or career ?

It’s seems odd that EVERYONE at school has to dedicate a big proportion of their timetable to something that will probably benefit only a few (per classroom) in the future.

Technology already allows us to translate to any language in the world, and we have iPads or phones that can turn a foreign written passage into any language.

Should our children really spend so much of their school time on learning something that is just not going to benefit many, many people ?
Old 10-10-2019, 06:50 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
Just get up ten minutes earlier and eat some bloody breakfast before you leave the house. Nobody “needs some breakfast on the go” ffs, they just need to organise themselves a tad better.
I agree. Not having the option to is silly though, and the law as a whole would make no impact on the obesity crisis. Only perk would be less smelly fast food bothering people, and wrappers I guess.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 10-10-2019 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:00 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
What about less emphasis on learning a foreign language ?

I appreciate it takes dedication and hard work to learn a foreign language, but in the real world, how many people really use a foreign language in their job or career ?

It’s seems odd that EVERYONE at school has to dedicate a big proportion of their timetable to something that will probably benefit only a few (per classroom) in the future.

Technology already allows us to translate to any language in the world, and we have iPads or phones that can turn a foreign written passage into any language.

Should our children really spend so much of their school time on learning something that is just not going to benefit many, many people ?
It is good to learn foreign languages, in the real world millions of us Brits living in Europe enjoy learning a foregin language - and are thankful for what we learn in school/college to sow the seeds of understanding languages other than our own. I dont understand what is so bad about this?
Old 10-10-2019, 07:04 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
School timetables are already choked to breaking point, it's easy to say make the kids do more PE but honestly when?!
Primary school would be ideal. Too late by the time they reach Middle school.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:06 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
‘She also called for a ban on eating and drinking on public transport with exceptions for drinking fresh water and eating and drinking for medical conditions.’

Tough luck, anyone in a rush for work who needs some breakfast on the go!
They are too busy "putting their face on" for food...
Old 10-10-2019, 07:14 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
It is good to learn foreign languages, in the real world millions of us Brits living in Europe enjoy learning a foregin language - and are thankful for what we learn in school/college to sow the seeds of understanding languages other than our own. I dont understand what is so bad about this?

Nothing bad about it at all

I was just thinking should we be dedicating the time we currently do to learning a language, or two, ahead of the likes of PE. PE, or the distinct lack of decent PE at school will probably have a massive knock on effect to all our children, health wise, today and the future.

I’m certainly not saying “don’t bother” with learning foreign languages at school, just debating could the years of learning it be reduced to increase PE.

Someone mentioned scrapping RE.... which is another interesting debate.

I realise I may be coming across as a total philistine, but certainly don’t mean to be.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:21 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1905 View Post
Indeed. My kids additional German in school has benefited them greatly, when at home in my wife's family's home country of Austria. Learning languages goes well beyond simply studying a foreign tongue. I have the same view about Latin, which many seem to regard as a worthless dead language.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Suggested by Dame Sally Davies, in her final report as Chief Medical officer for England.

What a stupid idea. She even mentions in her report “I want to see our children’s health, not companies’ profits, put at the forefront of government policy.” Yet instead of some kind of policy holding food corporations to account, she comes up with this shite.
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Some of these people might be clever but they have shit for brains, how many people are are grabbing a bite or walking around with a coffee because they wouldn't gave time otherwise.
Some of these policy makers are just so isolated from the real world.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
‘She also called for a ban on eating and drinking on public transport with exceptions for drinking fresh water and eating and drinking for medical conditions.’

Tough luck, anyone in a rush for work who needs some breakfast on the go!
What about the bus driver that has to work out what's ok and has to enforce it.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:06 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
And what about the diabetic, who finds it more attractive to nibble on a snack, rather than collapse in a heap? And this woman is the country's top doctor? F**k me.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:13 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Primary school would be ideal. Too late by the time they reach Middle school.
I was talking about primary schools

Seriously, in one school I had been told how many of each lesson needed to be included per week as a minimum and it wasn't actually possible to fit it in the week! Yet the head kept insisting we manage it.. Much head slapping ensued.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:13 PM
Selhurst Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
And what about the diabetic, who finds it more attractive to nibble on a snack, rather than collapse in a heap? And this woman is the country's top doctor? F**k me.

Quote:

The above may cater for the diabetics.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:15 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
The above may cater for the diabetics.
Big deal. Who's going to police that? big 'D' tattooed on the forehead?
Old 10-10-2019, 08:18 PM
Selhurst Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Big deal. Who's going to police that? big 'D' tattooed on the forehead?

Was just pointing out that she tried to cover off the medical side of things, but as you rightly point out, it would be a nightmare to administrate.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:34 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Eating on public transport should be banned regardless of the health impact.

Nothing worse than sitting on the train with someone sat next to you eating an apple or on a packed tube and someone is eating a stinky Wasabi.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:44 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
I hate it to be honest.... But my daughter has started having more regular hospital appointments at the Brompton. They are always at 13.30. Typically we pick her up from school before 12 then bus, tube and walk to the hospital. We don't really have any choice but to eat (a greggs) on the district line from Wimbledon to South Ken. I don't like it but can't see away round it.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:56 PM

Le Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I am diabetic but have never found the need nor desire to snack on a bus nor any other public transport.

Kids should have a breakfast before leaving for school

Parents need to take responsibility for their children's health and not ask the government to be responsible.

If you do not want to take responsibility for your children...don't have them.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:24 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
These health chiefs are mad.

The sugar tax thing clearly hasnt worked, kids are getting fatter and now most of our soft drinks are full of crappy chemicals as a result. (Bring back old Ribena and Lucozade)

Surely its obvious you need to train yourself/your child to eat less sweet stuff rather than just substituting it.!!!

And anyway its a combination of lack of exercise, central heating and takeaways that are making people obese..., not munching on a snickers on the 109 to brixton.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:27 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by richdeniro View Post
Eating on public transport should be banned regardless of the health impact.

Nothing worse than sitting on the train with someone sat next to you eating an apple or on a packed tube and someone is eating a stinky Wasabi.
Network Rail want you too... they get huge rents from the food outlets.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:39 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Central heating? Because people aren’t chopping wood so much?