Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 16-10-2019, 10:08 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I've got a baby on the way, and at a Euros game on the 23rd so chance of being able to go are slim

The Roundhouse gig was superb, and imagine will be better with the Amina stuff.
Old 16-10-2019, 02:29 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bukky Leo & Black Egypt last night at the Jazz Cafe was a blast.

A tribute night celebrating the music of Fela Anikulapo Kuti, the place was packed with folk digging original Afrobeat sounds.

Bukky and his band were on point and they closed with Fela's 'Water no get enemy'...cue mighty singalong
Old 17-10-2019, 08:41 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm also going to see Thom Yorke at the Apollo in June - saw the Atoms For Peace show he did at the Roundhouse in 2013 and it was a blast, this is mostly the same band I think (with the absence of Flea) so should be similarly good.
Old 17-10-2019, 09:06 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Cash View Post
I'm also going to see Thom Yorke at the Apollo in June - saw the Atoms For Peace show he did at the Roundhouse in 2013 and it was a blast, this is mostly the same band I think (with the absence of Flea) so should be similarly good.
I don't think so.
This show is just him and Nigel Godrich, with Godrich doing a majority of it.
Old 18-10-2019, 10:56 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Seeing Riding The Low at Oslo in Hackney on Halloween.
Old 19-10-2019, 06:06 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At Bush Hall last night, Rich Hall and his Hoedown Band were highly entertaining.

Prior to him getting on stage, four good comics came on to give us some solid comedy nuggets.

However when Rich appeared, he was on top form, effortlessly riffing off his interactions with the audience.

His country songs, all shaped by answers from the audience, were hilarious also and demonstrated his huge improvisational talent. Well worth catching him.
Old 19-10-2019, 10:04 AM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
At Bush Hall last night, Rich Hall and his Hoedown Band were highly entertaining.

Prior to him getting on stage, four good comics came on to give us some solid comedy nuggets.

However when Rich appeared, he was on top form, effortlessly riffing off his interactions with the audience.

His country songs, all shaped by answers from the audience, were hilarious also and demonstrated his huge improvisational talent. Well worth catching him.
You should have said hello! A very good night and Rich Hall is much better Live than what you see on TV. Good support too.

Old 20-10-2019, 03:10 PM
Pass me the Vongole

You should have said hello! A very good night and Rich Hall is much better Live than what you see on TV. Good support too.

[/QUOTE]

Old 22-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Converting the heretics!

Micky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Brilliant night at Gorilla in Manchester on Saturday watching Nine Below Zero supported by Charlie Austen. Fantastic musicians one and all! Normally I find I tend to focus on one member of a band when I go to a gig, on this occasion every member of the band came to the fore, including Charlie who after the opening set performed with the band on backing and lead vocals. Special mention for Mark Feltham, what a harmonica player that man is. If you get the chance to see them, take it.
Old 24-10-2019, 11:12 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Hot night at the 100 Club yesterday evening watching the German psychedelic funk band The Mighty Mocambos perform.

Blazing horns, groovy keyboards, steel pan, cow bells, vocoders...all allied to tight rhythms and soulful vocals meant this was a sweaty, enjoyable night. Catch 'em if you can!

The gents at the 100 Club is graffiti'd to f*ck and as I was taking a leak, I shouldn't have been so surprised to see a Holmesdale Fanatics sticker stuck to the wall. COYP
Old 24-10-2019, 11:19 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
Hot night at the 100 Club yesterday evening watching the German psychedelic funk band The Mighty Mocambos perform.

Blazing horns, groovy keyboards, steel pan, cow bells, vocoders...all allied to tight rhythms and soulful vocals meant this was a sweaty, enjoyable night. Catch 'em if you can!

The gents at the 100 Club is graffiti'd to f*ck and as I was taking a leak, I shouldn't have been so surprised to see a Holmesdale Fanatics sticker stuck to the wall. COYP
I went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago to see The Frank & Walters. Neil the Eagle was there too. Lovely, old-style (i.e. falling apart) little central London venue, tucked down a doorway on Oxford Street.
Old 26-10-2019, 05:48 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Glasvegas at 100 Club in a few weeks.
Old 28-10-2019, 04:41 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle View Post
Glasvegas at 100 Club in a few weeks.
Love the 100 Club, just about the last live music venue in the west end now.

Off to see The Damned at the Palladium tonight, itís a Halloween special gig.
Old 28-10-2019, 05:18 PM
Grrrrrrr.......

Ev : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEv : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Love the 100 Club, just about the last live music venue in the west end now.

Off to see The Damned at the Palladium tonight, itís a Halloween special gig.
On our way to the palladium too
Old 28-10-2019, 05:38 PM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Love the 100 Club, just about the last live music venue in the west end now
There are quite a few others I think, although many have also closed ... e.g. The Dover St Wine Bar, the 12 Bar Club and the Astoria, the Borderline. I guess you're talking about small venues, not big old theatres like the Palladium, even here I'm sure there are quite a few around, including some that are not currently used for live music, but could be.

On the plus side, it's good to see that Camden, not far from the West End, has many seemingly thriving venues.
Old 28-10-2019, 06:25 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev View Post
On our way to the palladium too

Enjoy the gig.
Old 29-10-2019, 07:33 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Cracking show from the Damned last night, Captain Sensible’s Gibson SG guitar makes a wonderful racket, SG must stand for squealing guitar.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:56 AM

Saw Paddy Considine and Riding The Low play at Oslo in Hackney last night - I was impressed, he can properly sing (and not in some shite X Factor/Pop Stars style like most actors try either) and the rest of the band were good too.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:04 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Cash View Post
Saw Paddy Considine and Riding The Low play at Oslo in Hackney last night - I was impressed, he can properly sing (and not in some shite X Factor/Pop Stars style like most actors try either) and the rest of the band were good too.
Talented bloke

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 02-11-2019, 01:03 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Just back from seeing the Christians at Under the Bridge (a purpose built nightclub funded by Abramovitch literally under the pitch at Stamford Bridge)

Musicians and entertainers with a big slice of scouser wit, they were real good in a self deprecating kinda way.

Lotta defibrillators on standby but they were well worth seeing nevertheless