Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 23-08-2005, 09:41 PM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
New Palace keeper links well with new Brazilian defender, Diego Thermon.

"Thermon, you clear", Energy requests.
Old 23-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Samurai Pie Master

Walrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by DANCOO
New Palace keeper links well with new Brazilian defender, Diego Thermon.

"Thermon, you clear", Energy requests.
Clever?

Funny?

10/10 for effort though
Old 23-08-2005, 10:07 PM

Jon Thompson is AJ vs the 'weedJon Thompson is AJ vs the 'weedJon Thompson is AJ vs the 'weedJon Thompson is AJ vs the 'weedJon Thompson is AJ vs the 'weedJon Thompson is AJ vs the 'weedJon Thompson is AJ vs the 'weedJon Thompson is AJ vs the 'weedJon Thompson is AJ vs the 'weedJon Thompson is AJ vs the 'weedJon Thompson is AJ vs the 'weed
Quote:
Originally posted by Sussex Eagle
Even if there wasn't one competent black goalie in football it wouldn't stop that comment being racist.
or being a fact
Old 24-08-2005, 12:46 AM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
Quote:
Originally posted by si_1967
I've always been dubious of black goalies, just can't think of one that inspires me with confidence.

This isn't a racist comment. Apologises if it offends anyone.

On the same basis - i'm never convinced of any goalie that roles his sleeves up ?!? Sunderland had one recently and he was rubbish - can't think of his name
your be pleased to know energy is black and doesnt wear full sleeves then !

didnt look too much of a keeper when newcastle played his then team last year.
Old 24-08-2005, 07:56 AM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Cronin was third keeper for what, 3 years, and never played once. Don't see why we'd be going to the bother of getting this guy in complete with work permit etc just to be third choice and never ever play.
Cronin never developed beyond reserve standard, and was never
going to displace Kiraly or Speroni. We have one of the best
goal-keeping coaches in the country and he could well be able
to develop Muranbadro to our first team standard, while at the
same time enhancing that player's value to Zimbabwe's national
team. At some stage we may get a good offer for Kiraly
so we would still need two good 'keepers in the squad.
It appears that Energy impressed our manager and coaches
during his trial, so we are hardly taking too much of a gamble.
Old 24-08-2005, 09:41 AM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace no longer interested
Old 24-08-2005, 10:06 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by m355y
Carlos Idriss Kameni
Tomas Nkono

I don't think have been mentioned?
possibly because they have never been heard of
Old 24-08-2005, 10:08 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Even if there wasn't one competent black goalie in football it wouldn't stop that comment being racist.
it's not racist to say "there aren't many top black goal keepers"

is it racist to say "there are no top white 100m sprinters"???????
Old 24-08-2005, 10:57 AM

si_1967 is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by st albans

Never particularly rated Hislop as a goalie ...

I still don't think it's a racist comment - but in this PC world I can understand peoples responses, this reply sums up my feeling best I think.

Perez that's the donkey!
Old 24-08-2005, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Two-Tone
Sadly it is a racist comment but I can't be bothered to explain why....

And they say education standards haven't slipped, I despair.
I'm nearly 40 and consequently I haven't been at school for years??

So what's your point. I thought I could've worded it better, which is why I added an apology.
Old 24-08-2005, 12:05 PM

75points has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills75points has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills75points has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills75points has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills75points has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills75points has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills75points has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills75points has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills75points has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills75points has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills75points has stood some ghostly moments, with natives in the hills
Energy Murambadoro

Skysports.com can confirm that Crystal Palace are closing on the signature of Zimbabwe international goalkeeper Energy Murambadoro.

The promising 22-year-old has been on trial at Selhurst Park and has impressed Eagles boss Iain Dowie and his coaching staff.

Murambadoro, who had a trial spell at Leeds United earlier in the summer, has over 40 caps for Zimbabwe and is available on a free transfer having left Israeli outfit Bnei Sakhnin in November.

Agent Barry Thomas has confirmed that the player is looking likely to land a deal in the capital but that whilst Palace remain favourites, other clubs in The Championship and League One are eyeing his signature.

Gabor Kiraly is currently the club's number one but he could find competition for his place intensify, should a move be concluded in the next few weeks.

''He has been training with Crystal Palace and has impressed,'' Thomas told skysports.com.

''They are favourites to land him at the moment. He is keen and so are they.

''But other clubs in both The Championship and League One are also interested.''
Old 24-08-2005, 12:24 PM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Palace no longer interested
Blimey that was a quick assessment. We haven't finished with the pun-fest and Palace have already dismissed him.

Like most, I would have loved to have had him for his name alone, right up there with Glenn Pennyfather and Dean Greygoose. I think Energy would have created a buzz about the place and we are a bit light in the goalkeeping department. He would have been in his element here and plugged a gap, especially when the opposition began to pylon the pressure.

I suppose he'll be off to Ip-Switch next.

Last edited by Tony; 24-08-2005 at 12:27 PM.
Old 24-08-2005, 12:27 PM

DANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at WaikikiDANCOO does it down on Camber Sands, does it at Waikiki
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony

Or maybe even Dip-Switch.
Old 24-08-2005, 04:06 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Jack Songo'o was one of the best keepers I've ever seen - the guy at Espanyol is very special as well.
Old 24-08-2005, 04:07 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony
Blimey that was a quick assessment. We haven't finished with the pun-fest and Palace have already dismissed him.

Like most, I would have loved to have had him for his name alone, right up there with Glenn Pennyfather and Dean Greygoose. I think Energy would have created a buzz about the place and we are a bit light in the goalkeeping department. He would have been in his element here and plugged a gap, especially when the opposition began to pylon the pressure.

they've pulled the plug on it
Old 24-08-2005, 05:05 PM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Seeing as you're our Energy source, Clapham, do you think this is renewable?

Last edited by Tony; 24-08-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 24-08-2005, 05:40 PM

honeysuckle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoneysuckle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoneysuckle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoneysuckle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoneysuckle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoneysuckle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoneysuckle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoneysuckle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoneysuckle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoneysuckle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlshoneysuckle was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
What's has the colour of someone's skin got to do with being a goalkeeper? I'll answer that - absolutely nothing !!

Dida, Chilavert (voted second best world keeper behind Bufoon), Tim Howard, Shaka, Clayton Ince, Tony Warner, etc.,

When I was living near Ashford we used to take the train (or drive) to watch Lens regularly. The 'Sang et Or' (blood & gold) had the excellent Charles Itanje between the sticks who per chance is black.
Old 24-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by st albans

Try reading the thread next time, stoopid. He actually said "I've always been dubious of black goalies" - ie: he reckons this bloke won't be any good because he's black. Sorry, but you're thick if you did read that and don't think it's racist.

There ain't that many top-class asian footballers about in general, doesn't mean we should dismiss the asian players from our academy or rate them lower than the white & black kids, does it?
Old 24-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Genius

joyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
this sounds a bit like the 'blacks can't play quarterback' or 'blacks can't play golf' or 'blacks can't play tennis' rubbish. And then along came Tiger Woods, and the Williams sisters, and Michael Vick. Oops.
Old 25-08-2005, 07:58 AM

Actually I'm prepared to concede it was a badly worded a slightly ill-advised post. My intentions were honorable if a bit misguided.

I know what I meant but I can see that it was badly construed.

Any goalkeeper of any race would get my full support, of course. Initially.

On the references to tennis players wasn't Arthur Ashe black, that was way before the Williams sisters?

I'll also say I had omitted Dida who does look quality. Saw Warer on MOTD and he looked okay nothing special.