Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 24-10-2005, 11:49 AM

CHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Aussies getting their excuses in early, I see. By the way, how on earth can Australia add more to the tournament than Uruguay?
Old 24-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Less cheating has to be a good thing.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 24-10-2005, 12:19 PM

CHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldCHE was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Cheating in what way? And if either of the two is a "footballing" country, it isn't Australia.
Old 24-10-2005, 12:23 PM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
which makes england, 1-3?

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 24-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Embarrassing diving antics and pathetic time wasting "tactics".

Old 24-10-2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
which makes england, 1-3?
England the ex-World Champions and organisers of the game, as opposed to a bunch of chokers.

Interesting that your comrade should call diving and time-wasting "cheating", when some of you are calling on Australia to pick a thug like Muscat.

Fouling people is cheating as well, you know!
Old 24-10-2005, 12:28 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sorondo still injured for this one ?
Old 24-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Shooting down bogans

Quote:
Originally posted by CHE
Fouling people is cheating as well, you know!
So every football player who has laced on a boot, bar Gary Lineker, is a cheat?

Old 24-10-2005, 12:56 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
I really really want Uruguay to win. gotta love the South American flair.
Old 24-10-2005, 01:00 PM

RashtheSmash2 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRashtheSmash2 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRashtheSmash2 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRashtheSmash2 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRashtheSmash2 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRashtheSmash2 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRashtheSmash2 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRashtheSmash2 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRashtheSmash2 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRashtheSmash2 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkRashtheSmash2 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Come on Uruguay ****ing stuff the c***s.
Old 24-10-2005, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by oz_da II
So every football player who has laced on a boot, bar Gary Lineker, is a cheat?
By your logic, yes.
Old 24-10-2005, 01:12 PM

philaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
their actions require actions, end of.
oz, I love you to death, and I appreciate that upwards of 80% of your posts have tongue firmly in cheek, but the Aussie media is really driving me nuts as they work themselves into a lather about "hostile" and "cheating" Uruguay. In the end, it only serves to rile the opposition and fire up the Uruguayan community against the Aussies - as if our task wasn't hard enough to start with.

Les Murray can be sanctimonious at times, but for a bit of balance from the other side of the Aussie sporting media, read To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 24-10-2005, 01:23 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Good article, Philaire. His comment that "the flavour of this kind of reporting labels all Uruguayans, probably even all South Americans, with a broad slander that is undeserved, uneducated and foul." rings true
Old 24-10-2005, 10:20 PM

Aussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found meAussie_Eagle wasn't looking, but somehow you found me
Anyone who saw the Uruguayans last game against Argentina will confirm they are a pack of diving cheats. They received 5 yellow cards in the second half after taking the lead, as well as numerous people running on the pitch holding the game and other things. Dirty, dirty team lead by that thug Montero. Twas a good article by Laszlo though, the Aussie media has tarred the entire continent with the same brush, when it should have just tarred Uruguay
Old 24-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
To me it's all crazy ,as someone has said you seem to be giving the Uruguayans a extra bloody good reason to kick your butts ?

Seems most of you are making excuses before the game has even kicked off...Strange ?

If Australia play as well as they can play with all players fit I could see a good result but football seems to be secondary to the cheating hype.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny Fan

Les: perhaps we could split this thread and put the Uruguay bits in the "World Cup 2006" forum, and leave the Aus bits in "World of Football"?
Old 25-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydney eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
paul, stop playing the decency card.

they (their football federation, and fans) were despicable last time, and will attempt to be this time.

we meet fire with fire. just because they are an established soccer nation, they think they can get away with it.

what would happen if sven was pushed to the ground, or spat on?

they are a pack of turds, and we must treat them with contempt.

and you, being an australian, should get on board.

me,playing the decency card?

When the aussies got off the bus last time yes it was a disgusting thing they had to put up with but I'm sure they have learnt things from the last visit & rectified it this time by sneaking out another exit.

If a few BBS'ers and the aussie media are going to use this "intimidation" by the uraguayans as an excuse before a ball is even kicked then it just shows me the lack of confidence by the australians about getting past the south americans....and if you can't handle hostile and intimidating atmospheres then you're in the wrong game.

It's not as if the aussie crowd are going to be throwing roses at the Uraguay team in the sydney leg either.

I want the aussies to progress,I really do.it would be like a shot in the arm to the junior leagues and the new A league and it would get even more coverage of the world cup over here but all this whinging and complaining and accusations about cheating before any football has been played is ridiculous
Old 25-10-2005, 01:21 AM

philaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by sydney eagle
If a few BBS'ers and the aussie media are going to use this "intimidation" by the uraguayans as an excuse before a ball is even kicked then it just shows me the lack of confidence by the australians about getting past the south americans....and if you can't handle hostile and intimidating atmospheres then you're in the wrong game.
Agreed. I’m afraid this hoo-ha just makes the Aussies look naïve. Will the opposition exaggerate in order to gain a foul, even ”dive”? Of course they will. Will they engage in gross time-wasting when it suits them? Indeed. Is there a chance that the arrangements for the Aussies in Montevideo will be less than perfect? A reasonable chance.

But none of this is either new, unexpected, or behaviour that is not the domain of many, if not the majority of footballing nations across the globe. IMHO, it will be the lack of a sufficiently capable playing squad, and the usual dearth of decent warm-up games, that costs the Aussies in this play-off. Take our non-existent defence, for starters …
Old 25-10-2005, 05:22 AM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
i concur. silva and forlan are going to waltz about us. that's why we need muscat to chop some legs.

i'm not raising this as an excuse, we're outmanned, and outprepared. as i said all along. i wouldn't bet on anyone, Brasil or otherwise to get a result in Uruguay.

let alone a side dining on a diet of the solomon islands, tahiti, fiji and FFS, new zealand....

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 25-10-2005, 10:09 AM

Amazing that the Aussies call us whingers. Let's get this straight - Uruguay won fair and square last time, in fact it was embarrassingly one-sided.

The pile of moaning, whingeing, racist shit that is coming out on this thread makes me hope they give you an even bigger beating this time.

I notice some of the Aussies cricketers are now whingeing about how England cheated in The Ashes, this from a team that has used bad sportsmanship as a byeword in its' domination of the game.
Old 25-10-2005, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CHE
Amazing that the Aussies call us whingers. Let's get this straight - Uruguay won fair and square last time, in fact it was embarrassingly one-sided.

The pile of moaning, whingeing, racist shit that is coming out on this thread makes me hope they give you an even bigger beating this time.

I notice some of the Aussies cricketers are now whingeing about how England cheated in The Ashes, this from a team that has used bad sportsmanship as a byeword in its' domination of the game.
The stereotyping that's going on leading up to this fixture I agree Che is quite pathetic. However, please don't fall into the same trap by applying simple and broadbrush labels to "Aussies".