Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 26-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by GrayP41ace
Moses anyone??
Not much chance of that happening as he's refusing to sign a professional deal with Palace.
Old 26-05-2006, 11:30 AM

The Bishop sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Bishop sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Bishop sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Bishop sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Bishop sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Bishop sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Bishop sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Bishop sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Bishop sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Bishop sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkThe Bishop sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Izale McLeod of MK Dons seems like he's a good young player (only 21 years old). He scored 18 goals in 40 league appearances last season in a team that was relegated. Might be ready for a step up to the Championship.

Wolves were willing to pay 1.4m for him in January but the deal fell through (believe he signed a new contract). Would be interesting to see whether Palace or another club could prize him away now that they're in league two.

Last edited by The Bishop; 26-05-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Old 26-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Eddie Johnson is village, i could score in the MLS, it's the worst league in the world, the idea of buying him is a joke.
Old 26-05-2006, 11:43 AM

One Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningOne Step Down would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
AJ will be impossible to replace? Rubbish.

He scored 15 goals and missed half a season for a team that made the playoffs. The year before he scored 21 for a team that got relegated. Clinton, and quite possibly an injury-free Macken are entirely capable of scoring 15 or more goals in the Championship and in so doing lead us to promotion so we may not even have to look outside the club to replace him.

AJ will cost a fortune to replace? Complete, utter, nonsense crap and rubbish. Not a single one of the top 15 scorers in the Championship last season would have cost, this time a year ago, even a fraction of AJ's fee:

Marlon King Watford 21
Kevin Doyle Reading 18
Cameron Jerome Cardiff 18
Dave Kitson Reading 18
Ade Akinbiyi Sheff Utd 15
Andrew Johnson Crystal Palace 15
Gary McSheffrey Coventry 15
Darius Henderson Watford 14
Steve Howard Luton 14
Clinton Morrison Crystal Palace 13
Ashley Young Watford 13
Dele Adebola Coventry 12
David Healy Leeds 12
Rob Hulse Leeds 12
Jason Koumas Cardiff 12

It WILL BE HARD to identify the right person to replace AJ, but it will NOT be expensive (or need not be expensive) to sign him. This time a year ago, though, had we signed anyone from the list above I doubt most people on this board would have been happy.

Some people need to engage their brains before they open their mouths. And if we do throw huge sums of cash at an AJ replacement, the chances are (refer to list above) that we will be wasting it.
Old 26-05-2006, 12:01 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
I don't see signing a "direct" replacement for AJ as the answer. As others have said, we need to bring in new strikers who will work with the team and players we already have. Personally I'd like us to bring in two new strikers (assuming Macken and Torghelle also leave, which would probably be best forall parties).

1) An out an out target man, who knows what this division is about. On the first day of the season, that player should be assumed to be the partner for Clinton. Steve Howard would be my choice

2) A young HUNGRY player, who wants to play in the Premiership enough to earn the chance with CPFC. Eastwood would be my first choice, but he may not be available to us, in which case I'd like to see us move for Billy Sharp.

Thoughts ?
Old 26-05-2006, 12:02 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Whoever is manager is not going to get a fortune to spend, and considering the whole team, particularly the midfield, needs overhauling, we can't blow a huge wad on a big I am striker.
I want to see five or six players come in who can be moulded into the semblance of a team - something we haven't had this season.
i don't care if we go up next year, the year after, or in four years time.
I just want to see a developing side playing some decent football for a change.
Old 26-05-2006, 12:19 PM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
we need 2 strikers at least anyway. one a target man and a nippy one.
Old 26-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
We need one more striker - two if Macken leaves/is released.
Old 26-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Billy Sharp for me. Should be the best value we could get for someone who's confidence is up & has been banging in goals.
Old 26-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Lost in space

oldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineoldeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We have enough strikers. What is needed is to rebuild the midfield.
Hughes - past his sell by date
Watson - potentially a good play maker but cannot tackle, lacks pace and abysmal at dead ball situations (corners anyway)
Leigertwood - Big, awkward, tackles but cannot pass (not even wind)
Mackenuff & Reich - Lightweight.
Old 26-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Well, Shevchenko is leaving Milan San Siro to Selhurst...
Old 26-05-2006, 03:54 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by oldeagle
We have enough strikers. What is needed is to rebuild the midfield.
Hughes - past his sell by date
Watson - potentially a good play maker but cannot tackle, lacks pace and abysmal at dead ball situations (corners anyway)
Leigertwood - Big, awkward, tackles but cannot pass (not even wind)
Mackenuff & Reich - Lightweight.
The midfield does indeed need an overhaul and has done for some time, however there is no way that you can say that we have enough strikers.

Clinton can and will do a job, Dougie is reaching the end of his shelf life, Macken is a crock and I very much doubt Torghelle will deliver the goods.

From that reading we certainly need one more, if not two.
Old 26-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Just living my life

nathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The whole squad has needed an overhaul for sometime. Hopefully the new manager can do that. I think we need to look at young hungry players from the lower leagues and young players in the prem who can't get into the team. Also there might be the odd free transfer and out of favour player available
Old 26-05-2006, 03:58 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its all about the supply

Morrison is capable of 15-20 if the supply is right

Buy some decent wingers and we're off !
Old 26-05-2006, 03:58 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd sell all our forwards apart from Morrison and scout for another AJ/Wright/Jansen/Armstrong... there must be one out there somewhere playing lower down.

I wonder how good our scouts are these days though.

Pity we didnt get Lita.
Old 26-05-2006, 04:01 PM

alaneagle is playing for a contract
yeh eh wos the one we should have got, hed prob have come to us over reading as well
Old 26-05-2006, 04:06 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Holmesdale
Its all about the supply

Morrison is capable of 15-20 if the supply is right

Buy some decent wingers and we're off !
Yes granted but who else will score goals? You need two strikers banging them in.
Old 26-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Dead Ball King

ZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZOHAR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Maybe Birmingham will let us sign DJ Campbell now they've signed Cameron Jerome?!
Old 26-05-2006, 04:25 PM
On the Tory right !

Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by richdeniro

I wonder how good our scouts are these days though.

Certainly have NOT received many "Brownie" points of late.

Old 26-05-2006, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ZOHAR
Maybe Birmingham will let us sign DJ Campbell now they've signed Cameron Jerome?!
Why would we want him?