Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
18/08/07
3pm A RD1 S Molesey
21/08/07
7:45pm H RD1 S Worthing
25/08/07
3pm H RD1 S Cray Wanderers
27/08/07
3pm A RD1 S Corinthian-Casuals
01/09/07
3pm A FAC Pr Metropolitan Police
08/09/07
3pm A RD1 S Whyteleafe
Old 13-08-2007, 05:50 PM

morrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bittermorrisons shirt worked all through the winter, the weather brass and bitter
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom's Old Man
Is he the Roy Price who was in charge at Crescent Rovers a few years back?
yes he is
Old 17-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
The Rams finished their pre-season programme last week with two victories, the first during the week against Ryman Div 1 North Canvey Island where despite being 3-1 down we ended the game winning 5-3 thanks to a hat-trick from Moses Ademola and a goal each from Danny Waldren and Herve King.

Last Saturday we travelled to newly promoted Ryman Premier Division side Hastings United and came away with a 1-0 victory thanks to a first half goal from Laurent Hamici.

The Rams will be training this week before going into the opening league game of the new season on Saturday at Molesey FC.
Old 18-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Palace/Panionios

Molesey 0 Croydon Athletic 3 2007/08/19 00:08
A first half goal from Reggie Savage put the Rams 1-0 up and 2 goals from Moses Ademola gave us revenge for the 3-0 defeat we suffered there at the end of last season.Well done lads a brilliant start to the season.a full report will follow on the main page .

Great result for The Rams!
Old 20-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Palace/Panionios

Tuesday Night, 21st August, 7.45pm Kick Off.

Croydon Athletic v Worthing.

I shall be there have a few beers and cheer the Rams on.
Old 21-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Palace/Panionios

Anyone else up for a few beers tonight and count the crowd game.
Old 21-08-2007, 01:09 PM

palacebros is playing for a contract
We shall be there tonight! It is nice to note that Palace at the Rams seen to be playing opposites; currently should get to 16 Rams home games!

Just think what a difference it would make to the second biggest team in Croydon if just 50 of the 15000 at the Leicester game turned up to watch the Rams!

Keep up the good work Waddoneagle
Old 21-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Palace/Panionios

Thanks, I shall be in the bar at 7pm
Old 21-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Palace/Panionios

2-2, About a 100 there, 15/20 from Worthing, Nasty weather, Fair result though.
Old 22-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Aching Arms

LONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Palace Palare
Croydon Athletic FC or Croydon FC?

Are there any sectarian allegiances to help decide?
I used to watch Croydon FC quite a bit in the late 70's/early 80's and still follow their results with a lot of interest.

They are definitely a South Norwood team, so in many ways, they are Palace's local rivals - except most people involved with Croydon FC are often Palace fans as well.

Croydon Athletic came on to the scene in the late 80's, initially as Wandsworth & Norwood FC. Wandsworth were a more senior team and that Club had associations with the Ram Brewerery, from which the Club takes it's nickname - Norwood, I think, were the club who were playing at Thornton Heath's Mayfield's - and once the Clubs merged and started playing at Mayfield - they went from strength to strength.

Living closer to the Pond end of Thornton Heath, I also take an interest in the Rams and watched games there quite often until a couple of seasons ago.

I think both clubs suffer from being in the shadow of Palace not to mention the Big London Clubs and the usual Man U, Liverpool hangers on that live around here!

Also being tucked away in the back roads, not many local people even know they exist.

For my money - I would like to see Croydon Athletic re-named as Thornton Heath Pond FC. I think it would be great to have a 'senior' club bearing the name of the area - it's not because I'm a Croydon FC fan too - potentially, Thornton Heath is a very large area on it's own - whereas the name Croydon is a bit misleading - both Clubs play in the North of the borough and probably mean very little to people in the South of the Borough - and that's only if people actually care if they come from 'Croydon' in the first place!

Visit http://achingarms.co.uk/
Old 22-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Palace/Panionios

As someone that go's and watches them, I am very happy with the name Croydon Athletic FC, The boroughs Second biggest club
Old 25-08-2007, 08:35 AM
Palace/Panionios

25/08/07
3pm H RD1 S Cray Wanderers

My car is in the Garage, But i shall do my best to be there,

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by waddoneagle; 25-08-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Old 25-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Palace/Panionios

Croydon Athletic 2, Cray Wanderers, 1.

A great win for the Rams with Reggie Savage putting us 1-0 up in the 8th minute.An enjoyable game with both sides attacking but must admit cray didn't look too dangerous up front.Reggie made it 2-0 in the 2nd half with his 5th goal in 3 games.Then Ryan Royston pulled one back out of the blue.He was the defender who got 3 goals against us when playing for Maidstone United last season.Worst part of the game was when Frankie Warren was knocked out cold for about 10 minutes but glady he recovered with help from Mick and Steve.On the whole it would have been unjust if it finished in a draw so a win was a deserved result.

Last edited by waddoneagle; 25-08-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 25-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Eaglesmad123
Croydon FC for me.

Forget the Rams, we are the TRAMS!

Last edited by Chas; 25-08-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 25-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally posted by Chas
So why don't you go and support tham and tell us how they got on today???
Old 26-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Last time i was in England i went to two matches, their then-manager (former Palace youth coach Dickson Gill) drove me home after the second one, and i'm still in frequent contact with their current first team manager.

I'd go to more matches in person, but i don't think i can stand the 8 hour plane ride every weekend
Old 26-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally posted by Chas
Last time i was in England i went to two matches, their then-manager (former Palace youth coach Dickson Gill) drove me home after the second one, and i'm still in frequent contact with their current first team manager.

I'd go to more matches in person, but i don't think i can stand the 8 hour plane ride every weekend
Start a new thread then!!!!!
Old 27-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Palace/Panionios

Corinthian Casuals 2, Croydon Athletic 2. att 158, Including around 30/40 Rams Fans.
Old 31-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Palace/Panionios

Good luck to the Rams, They are away at the Old Bill, I shall be at Selhurst Park
Old 01-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Palace/Panionios

Old Bill 0, Croydon 1,

An 87th minute goal by Danny Waldren sees us through to the next round of the FA Cup with us drawn at HOME to Tonbridge Angels.We played at home to them a few years ago in a cup game and lost 0-2.But in the league we played them 4 days after the loss of Keith Tuckey and in a fantastic atmosphere we beat them 3-2 with a Barry Stevens header 5 minutes from time.The Angels eventually got promoted that year.After being knocked out in the 1st round of most cups last season it's great to see the improvement.

Last edited by waddoneagle; 02-09-2007 at 12:22 PM.