Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 18-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think it was the man on the moon in cambridge. Well atleast you thought it was alright. lol.

new album is sounding immense thus far.
Old 18-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
His evaluation is meaningless, he shot his bolt, he's a knob.
Old 18-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
heres the next blog, which also has me sporting my colours ;-)

Jenga!
Old 25-07-2012, 04:47 PM

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Christ don't sport colours, he'll have you for that!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Addobellend, apparently

addopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anti-addick is talking nonsence, I don't mind people playing Jenga in colours at all, but if they wish to be taken seriously on stage and are professional and wish not to alienate most of their audience, I merely suggest they go change is all. There's a thing called rock sensibilty that needs to be heeded. Its naff, otherwise.
Anyway, keep writing and listening and writing and listening and then maybe ,one day, you'll get a break, but don't rest on your laurals and certainly don't keep flogging a dead horse - just keep writing and writing. Good luck.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:28 PM

"go change is all"? Are you an American?

Thanks for the advice though, I assume you know what you are talking about having made it yourself as a professional rock star.......
Old 08-08-2012, 08:44 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
A pretty decent track written and performed by a mate of mine, ruined by one of my childish animations.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My son is in a melodic hardcore metal band ... He is the recording studio. Will ask him if he has anything to upload.... It is loud!

Last edited by Palace Dan; 08-08-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:40 AM

Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget Rupture can take a ladder to the shadows and forget
live video of a new track. i'm closest to the camera.

XBox Live Gamertag - RuptureRapture
twitter - @rupturerapture
last.fm - rupturerapture
Old 09-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Bass Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by addopalace
Anti-addick is talking nonsence, I don't mind people playing Jenga in colours at all, but if they wish to be taken seriously on stage and are professional and wish not to alienate most of their audience, I merely suggest they go change is all. There's a thing called rock sensibilty that needs to be heeded. Its naff, otherwise.
Anyway, keep writing and listening and writing and listening and then maybe ,one day, you'll get a break, but don't rest on your laurals and certainly don't keep flogging a dead horse - just keep writing and writing. Good luck.
Our blogs, and the jenga one in particular had a warm reception for our fans. We have only started doing video blogs recently when we started recording our second album but I think its a great way to connect with your fans in a different way.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:10 PM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you fancy a bit of airplay, and possibly an interview / acoustic set then drop me an e-mail studio@palaceradio.net

Back on-air from next Saturday, the Breakfast Show and midweek Drivetime Show are always happy to feature new music from local / Palace connected artists.

Use the same address to send your listings, we'll plug it and I might even turn up
Old 09-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Saw a rave from the grave last night. Mungo Jerry performing live at the Bansko jazz festival in Bulgaria. He was on for three hours. Really good night. Good wine for 40 p a glass and half litres of beer at 80p.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Bass Man

Latest video, from our gig last week up in maryport for the blues festival there. This is the title track from our first album, called 'south of the city'

Live we extend the slide solo quite a bit

Old 13-08-2012, 01:15 PM

Time : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTime : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Here is my new pop rock band DreamCatchers, formed last month. Doing open mics to start with. That's me on keys. All comments welcome!

Old 13-08-2012, 01:38 PM

doof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Here's a friend's band (a Palace fan too)

Old 14-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Addobellend, apparently

addopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick
"go change is all"? Are you an American?

Thanks for the advice though, I assume you know what you are talking about having made it yourself as a professional rock star.......
I'm not an American, I'm from Croydon. And no, I'm not a successful recording artist either, I'm just an inveterate dreamer like yourself.

Tonight I was at the Oval Tavern for the open mic session which happens every week up there. It was all a bit loud for my liking and it wasn't helped by my being down the front. The bloke at the end mentioned something about them moving it back to an eight-thirty start which might indicate the success of the evening. I don't know. Anyway, it seemed quite accessable and they were definately keen for new people to get down there so take this as an invitation to do so yourselves - it might provide some experience for you, at the very least. Be warned, though, its not for shrinking violets, you really need to inveigle your way onto the mic as there were a lot of keen regulars, by the looks of things.

The Oval Tavern is on Oval road and has a Junction on Cherry Orchard Road which means it is close to East Croydon Station.
Old 16-08-2012, 05:08 PM

I live in Gloucestershire so I won't be coming to Croydon for a pub open mic night, just a tad too far. We have a few round here though, I attend an acoustic night regularly and usually end up doing a couple of songs on my own (I have to because i'm the only one who does the more modern stuff).

Why would you not want to be a shrinking violet there? Are hecklers there or something? What makes you think I'm a dreamer? Sounds rather a stupid comment.
Old 16-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Addobellend, apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick
I live in Gloucestershire so I won't be coming to Croydon for a pub open mic night, just a tad too far. We have a few round here though, I attend an acoustic night regularly and usually end up doing a couple of songs on my own (I have to because i'm the only one who does the more modern stuff).

Why would you not want to be a shrinking violet there? Are hecklers there or something? What makes you think I'm a dreamer? Sounds rather a stupid comment.
There were no hecklers, just a bit of clandestine sniggering every now and then. The audience was pretty much made up of people just waiting their turn, to be honest. I think I was the only one there expecting to be entertained.

I said 'no shrinking violets' just becuase I'd always imagined people to be a little reluctant, and that performers would be urged to come up. This wasn't the case. You had to put your hat into the ring, you needed to put yourself forward.

Those were the funniest moments, actually, when it was time for someone else to have their go and the current performer would try and stay on by drowning out the noise of the bloke officiating by playing his mouth organ really loudly into the mic.

But yeah, I imagine its better where you are where its just an accoustic guitar. On Tuesday at the Oval, it was an entire band and I think, individually, the members were secretly conducting amp wars against each other so that by the end of the night, if you were at the front, as I was, it was actually physically painful.

As for the dreamer remark, I think you need to read the following fable:-

Once there was a fox and this fox was in a garden and it chanced to look skyward where it saw hanging from a vine that was attached to a trellis, some lovely, juicy grapes. The fox made some tentative attempts at getting to the grapes and then tried with more vigour to take hold of them. After many attempts the fox gave up and went on its way, muttering to itself, 'ah, it doesn't matter, they were sour anyway'.

Next week on Addopalace's fables, The Dog in the Manger.
Old 17-08-2012, 01:39 PM

I'm not sure how The fox and the sour grapes fits in with my viewpoint on musical performance. My gripe with you has been your level of critcism, which is unwarranted from my point of view.
Most musicians start out because they love doing it, some get on through luck/promotion and talent, but all the same, if somebody is an amateur I would never be critical because frankly, it takes some real balls for some people to entertain publicly (Being a natural showoff I never really had this problem myself). The audience are fortunate imho, they get free entertainment with zero input for themselves so if they are critical they can feck right off. If they want a professional performance then pay for it. According to this logic I should never play football or go to the gym because I'm not good enough to be paid to do either, but people do it, and I suspect you don't boo amateur footballers in the park for not being as good as the EPL. Furthermore, it takes a lot of work to get to a standard where you can play a 90 min set live, and keep it fresh - lot's of work and time. If you are looking for fables I would suggest the fox and the stork

I'm not a massive fan of open mic, queuing to play a couple of tunes is not my thing. It's either a social event or a full on gig for me.

Last edited by anti-addick; 17-08-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 17-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
There are 2 die-hard Palace fans in this band. One of which is me!