Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 20-05-2017, 01:00 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
We complained about our Three reception at the brewery and they sent us a free booster. Works perfectly.

Also if you download Three in Touch you can make or receive calls over wifi. Perfect for when I'm at my parents in the sticks with no mobile signal but superfast broadband
With EE you don't need to use an app, moved from on three last year to EE when one plan ended and never looked back. Speeds are much much faster, best yet 80Mb down! Crazy
Old 01-02-2019, 12:48 PM

mrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thread bump.

Three have a new unlimited data which features from what i can tell unlimited tethering. It's £20 per month on a 12 month contract or £32 a month on 1 month contract.

They have also dropped sim restrictions so this can be used in a router or iPad.

Is now the time for me to get rid of my one plan or can someone see a catch that i can't?
Old 01-02-2019, 09:59 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
I think Three tried to get people of the One Plan as in the early days people were using it as a home broadband alternative. I know my sim in a dongle gave 18 meg download compared to my fixed line internet of about 5 meg. If I was on a One plan I would have dumped The fixed connection.

It possible now with high speed home broadband Three are not so worried about heavy mobile data use as it will never reach that of most home users. I've been looking at Unlimited data on Three and can't see much in the way of restrictions apart from the overseas 12 meg tether? I'm currently on 12 and the unlimited deals are tempting especially with Go Binge.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:54 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Is anyone on Three? My contact with EE finishes next month but I’ve seen online that Three are offering SIM cards for 12 months for £21 a month 100GB of internet data and minutes/texts so I’ve told EE I’m going over to them so they tried to offer me the same deal but for £30 a month. Is the Three Internet on 4G any good? Looked at reviews online and EE’s 4G does seem quicker. I’d rather save myself the extra £108 a year but if the 4G isn’t that good then I won’t bother. Anyone on it?
Old 05-03-2019, 07:19 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
I am on three.

For £10 a month I get unlimited data with no fair use policy, plus 100 mins of calls, unlimited texts

I’ve had no problems with Three at all

Last edited by mushroom; 11-04-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:37 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I am on three.

For £10 a month I get unlimited data with no fair use policy, plus 100 mins of calls, unlimited texts

Iíve had no problems with Three at all
Is the 4G/3G that you use any good? Just I need Internet for satnav use when I travel for work and comes in handy streaming Palace matches when Iím not using WiFi! This is the deal I was gonna take as Iím buying a new phone so I only need a sim

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-03-2019, 07:39 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Just renewed my sim contract with Three but didn't get anywhere as good deal as Mushroom, went from an old contract 12gb 600 min/texts for £15 to 30gb and unlimited mins and 'Go binge' for the same price. Unfortunately they didn't seem to want to budge from that for some reason? I was offered £20 for unlimited everything but I didn't need it and will save £60 year. At the time the £20 unlimited offer was available to anyone but has now finished so wasn't really offered anything special on that deal although great for anyone who needs it.

As for coverage I don't find them too bad although I was on Vodafone a few years back they had their issues and blackspots. 4G seems okay outside and sometimes on the train. I have had some saturation issues as at the Man U home game I was at the back of the Holmesdale Lower and despite a 4G signal I was struggling to access some websites and this has happened at some other games. That not to say that any other provider wouldn't have the same problems.

I mainly go with Three for the only truly free roaming although sadly they restrict that to 3G and ban tethering abroad. EE looks to have the fastest and quickest 4G but every time I've looked into it you certainly pay a premium to get it.

Last edited by LN1; 05-03-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
Is the 4G/3G that you use any good? Just I need Internet for satnav use when I travel for work and comes in handy streaming Palace matches when I’m not using WiFi! This is the deal I was gonna take as I’m buying a new phone so I only need a sim

Take a look at the existing customer offers Sims. To view the link you have to Register or Login

I believe you just have to register a 'Pay as you Go' sim (possibly with a small top up or use) and you are regarded as an existing customer, this definitely was the case so may be worth looking into if it still applies?

Last edited by LN1; 05-03-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On three and have unlimited data.

The signal isnt great when I work in our offices in the city.

Really good at home and usual workplace and use it for streaming test matches at my desk to really take the piss.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehalifaxman View Post
On three and have unlimited data.

The signal isnt great when I work in our offices in the city.

Really good at home and usual workplace and use it for streaming test matches at my desk to really take the piss.
Cheers LN1

Halifaxman do you stream on the 4G? Is it any good?
Old 05-03-2019, 09:43 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I stream baseball in three (4G). It’s fine.

But if you are worried, get a PAYG sim to try it to make sure there’s coverage where you want to use it.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:49 PM

If anyone is still after the £20 Unlimited everything deal on 'Three' its still available. Posted on HUKD tonight (via Broadband choices and not sure for how long?)

Old 06-03-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
If anyone is still after the £20 Unlimited everything deal on 'Three' its still available. Posted on HUKD tonight (via Broadband choices and not sure for how long?)

Thatís perfect! If I go ahead and buy this will I be able to keep the same phone number that Iíve got with EE? Is it a pack number that I need from them? Will it be a SIM card that comes in the post and Iíll then have to give Three my pack number to transfer number over to? Been with EE for years so forgot how this malarkey works
Old 06-03-2019, 06:04 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
PAC code

The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:37 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am on three.

Iíve had no problems with Three at all

Feckers got me.... they wrote me a letter, saying I have to change my contract to a £20 a month unlimited data/calls/texts. I phoned up... and did the whole "put me through to cancellations" act.... hoping they would blink first and keep me on my original contract.

They didn't blink.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:50 PM

mrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemrsilly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Feckers got me.... they wrote me a letter, saying I have to change my contract to a £20 a month unlimited data/calls/texts. I phoned up... and did the whole "put me through to cancellations" act.... hoping they would blink first and keep me on my original contract.

They didn't blink.
So they gave you your PAC code? Just dont use it, they probably wont change your tariff, I'm still on the one plan using the same tactic.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:12 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
God knows how old my contract is but I’m still paying £13 a month on sim only and get unlimited data, calls and texts with Three.

It works.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:21 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsilly View Post
So they gave you your PAC code? Just dont use it, they probably wont change your tariff, I'm still on the one plan using the same tactic.

They wrote me a letter notifying me my current contact would change on my next billing date.
The only good thing is, I now get unlimited tethering... which I guess is like a personal WiFi hotspot?
Old 12-04-2019, 01:24 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I'm on a very old Three contract with unlimited data for £18 a month but no tethering allowed. Sounds like £2 a month more could get me a big benefit...?!
Old 12-04-2019, 01:25 PM
Loosefish Scapegrace

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
They wrote me a letter notifying me my current contact would change on my next billing date.
The only good thing is, I now get unlimited tethering... which I guess is like a personal WiFi hotspot?
I didn't think they could cancel / change your contract (other than inflation type increases) unless you balls up and miss a debit or whatever.