Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 02:01 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Newcastle may be a slightly insane club but 10m cash and then loan back to us for 18 months? I don't think there's any world that would happen in.

10m in cash i'd think would be an extremely difficult offer for us to turn down. We'd also need a sell on clause too just in case the scousers decide to go all 'Andy Carroll' on him a year down the line
Old 12-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie
You are of course right - the fact that he might lose value is another consideration. Only thing would be that if he didn't come on he won't drop in one go, could probably still get 8m. I'm not saying I'd blame them if they decided to sell, all I was saying was that I can't see it as "of course", it's a difficult decision. I also think that holding out now could send a strong messgae that we are no longer a soft touch in terms of fees and might help in future deals.
If we are in a position to reject 10m for a 19 year old then great, but I very much doubt it. It's a huge amount of money for a club our size with ambitions of building a title challenging squad.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
If we are in a position to reject 10m for a 19 year old then great, but I very much doubt it. It's a huge amount of money for a club our size with ambitions of building a title challenging squad.
And it's a shame for the fans who do go, but if attendances don't improve, you can understand the club taking the money if we're operating at a 3m pound loss per year.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:25 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox

We were suposedly offered 3million for Hills, I know Jordan would have lost the money, but is there any chance we would get that sort of money for him again ?
We were never offered 3m for Hills. BBS myth.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:56 PM

herts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think bidding should start at 10 million. If the owners can afford to say No then that is what they should do, unless Wilf has his head turned by one of the big clubs.

Sure his value could go down but the chances are it will go up. He still has a few aspects of his game that need working on and if he and DF work on those for the next 2 years we could be looking at 20 million in 2 years time having had the pleasure of seeing him develop into a World class star.

Of course if we are in the premiership at the time he might decide to say a while longer.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle
Routledge & Soares both left at the wrong time for them and have suffered for different reasons. Wayne left, got injured, lost his place to Lennon and then ended up being part of the Spurs youth warehouse. However, he has carved out a very decent career, albeit not going on to International glory like was predicted.

At Palace he played 83 Champ games scoring 10 and 40 Premiership games scoring 1. Since then, across all the various clubs his record is:

Premiership 91 games 3 goals
Championship 95 games 18 goals.
Routledge has only ever scored 1 Premiership goal, last week for Swansea
Old 12-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
My error - misread a cup goal & yellow card when he was playing in the Prem!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 12-01-2012, 03:13 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Get real we robbed Stoke blind 3million for Soares? He's a good guy but pony as a footballer, he's been relegated at every club he's been at apart from Stoke where he hasn't played to get equvilant value on Zaha we'd be talking 30 million at least.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:30 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
i realise some people are joking but there also seems to me to be some people that are being serious yet talking like mentalists. has any player ever been sold to a club with a clause that they get loaned back for 18 months? i doubt it.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L
Routledge has only ever scored 1 Premiership goal, last week for Swansea
Didn't he score one for us in the Premiership (or did he 'lose' it to the dubious goals panel.

[Nice to meet you briefly on Tuesday, btw]

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 12-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
Didn't he score one for us in the Premiership (or did he 'lose' it to the dubious goals panel.

[Nice to meet you briefly on Tuesday, btw]
He's never been credited with scoring until last weekend so I guess he must have had one taken away. Must admit it seems incredible he's taken over 100 games to register

A pleasure to meet you too Steve,
Old 12-01-2012, 04:52 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This is a tough one.

10 million? Hate to say it, but as long as CPFC2010 were willing to literally plough is straight back into the team with new signings, we would seriously have to think about accepting. Dougie could build a promotion winning side with that amount of money...
Old 12-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
He could build a promotion winning side with half that money.

But if CPFC2010 are reading this, ignore what I just said and give him the whole lot.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:59 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
He could build a promotion winning side with half that money.
5 million doesn't get you very far these days, especially when signing on fee's and Agents get involved!

10 million on the other hand gives you a bit more to play with
Old 12-01-2012, 05:12 PM

PeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPeterH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire
I blame it on E-bay.

Sell a couple of old video games and an unwanted toaster on E-bay, and suddenly the whole yoof think they are masters of entrepreneurship.

According to Paddy, Wilf is the best natural talent he has played with, (some would say Williams has even more potential).
Not much cherishing/appreciation/fan-player bonding to be seen on here.

The management and owners want to develop the club, and move it to the next level; a sizeable proportion of the fans are apparently more interested in filling the forums with pleas to sell our best young talents (snap 'is arm orf).

I preferred it when the transfer forum was full of idle speculation about bringing in Ronaldinho, Beckham and McEachran.
At least it was positive and harmless.
It would be a good post, but I have to counter-argue.

You wrote about the management/owners looking to take the Club to the next level. TBF they themselves have said if offers came in for young players that they felt were right for the Club in this regard then they would be considered. Therefore fans speculating on bids of sizable sums of money is fair game.

I like the ebay references though.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Semi retired idiot

penguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpenguin7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think its crazy that these numbers are being bandied around for Wilf. He is an exciting very talented player who may be destined for the very top. But there are still major weaknesses there. 10 million ? When Clyne is worth only 2/3m?

IMO Nat could go to Man U or Arsenal and nail down a starting spot and even an England place very quickly. And the fact that good football judges like Ferguson , Wenger and Redknapp are supposedly interested backs this up. While the clubs apparently chasing Zaha seem to be one step down.

How much of this is due to the contract situation and how much simply because one is a defender , the other an attacker ?
Old 12-01-2012, 05:15 PM

Halfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wish people would be more realistic. Wilfred has great potential and may turn out to be as good as for example Theo Walcott. However at the moment he has tormented the weakest Championship defences and a second/third string Manchester United team. He has no track record against Premier League defences, nor does he deliver every match.

I would place his current value at around 3m with 2m after 40 Premier League appearances and another 2m after 80 games. Another 2m if he plays for England and a 30% sell on clause. So 9m+ if he delivers on his potential.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L
He's never been credited with scoring until last weekend so I guess he must have had one taken away. Must admit it seems incredible he's taken over 100 games to register

A pleasure to meet you too Steve,
I thought he has always been credited with a goal away at Southampton, I believe the reports at the time even gave it to him.

See below:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
He's not a 10m player. Nowhere near. So if a club is offering that much then the decision is easy.

As much as I'd love us to keep our home-grown players, we should agree to stupid valuations.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009

Last edited by GUCCI Eagle; 12-01-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:31 PM

exiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
According to the BBC website Liverpool have shown an interest in Zaha..