Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 03:03 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthebox
£££££££££££££££
if they offer him it on the sly soon enough weve seen what can happen
"soon enough" has gone with the long deal and in any case if it was just money he could still do better elsewhere. Most young footballers, however, do not dive at the russell of fivers, they are enough brain power to see that a career is not just one move, even the decent agents know this. If he continues to develop - and he clearly has the self-confidence to believe he will - he'll get a move in two or three years that will more than make up for the next couple of years money.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:11 PM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox is like ice, their footing does betrayfoxinthebox is like ice, their footing does betrayfoxinthebox is like ice, their footing does betrayfoxinthebox is like ice, their footing does betrayfoxinthebox is like ice, their footing does betrayfoxinthebox is like ice, their footing does betrayfoxinthebox is like ice, their footing does betrayfoxinthebox is like ice, their footing does betrayfoxinthebox is like ice, their footing does betrayfoxinthebox is like ice, their footing does betrayfoxinthebox is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie
"soon enough" has gone with the long deal and in any case if it was just money he could still do better elsewhere. Most young footballers, however, do not dive at the russell of fivers, they are enough brain power to see that a career is not just one move, even the decent agents know this. If he continues to develop - and he clearly has the self-confidence to believe he will - he'll get a move in two or three years that will more than make up for the next couple of years money.
not all see it this way

some see it as what if i break my leg next season. wouldnt it be good ot be on a 5 year deal on 40k a week

just saying WHY he might be tempted , not that he will
Old 11-01-2012, 04:55 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Zaha is contracted to Palace for 5 years and only Palace can decide if and when he is made available for transfer in spite of what other clubs might want.

Palace can also set any transfer fee and not other interested clubs.

Interested clubs should be reported for tapping-up as he is contracted to CPFC.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:28 AM
Basil Fawlty

Jay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just seen on SSN that newcastle are going to open talks for zaha. We have put a £10million price tag on his head but this seems to have not put them off. He has just signed a 5 and a half year contract I don't see any reason why he would move to newcastle.

Dallas cowboys fan.
You shouldn't drink on a empty head.
Friday Night Lights, the best book/TV show/Film combo ever!

follow me on Twitter HarlingJ add me!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:36 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
I would not begrudge CPFC2010 there £10M if they decided to sell him.

Even if less than half was reinvested.

Realistically the business model for this club needs to be based on selling our home grown talent for a profit and what better profit than this. If we sold him and managed to bring in a new winger and a striker then the squad would benefit all be it to the detriment of the starting XI.

£10M is win - win for us IMO. We either get big bucks ornwe get to keep a top talent.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:46 AM

Ard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph
I would not begrudge CPFC2010 there £10M if they decided to sell him.

Even if less than half was reinvested.

Realistically the business model for this club needs to be based on selling our home grown talent for a profit and what better profit than this. If we sold him and managed to bring in a new winger and a striker then the squad would benefit all be it to the detriment of the starting XI.

£10M is win - win for us IMO. We either get big bucks ornwe get to keep a top talent.
I must say I agree with this, I think that 10m would be a decent fee for a player that may or may not develop into the finished article. It would also set the precedent moving forward that this is the kind of fee needed to prize one of our young players away. In the past clubs have been used to just paying £1m-£2m for players like Moses and Watson.

Saying that, I do think Zaha has come on in leaps and bounds under freedman and if he moved his development would be hindered. Either way we are in an excellent position of keeping a brilliant player or getting a huge fee.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Not in Oz

EagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Nah stick it up to 12million instead
Old 12-01-2012, 07:58 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle
Zaha is contracted to Palace for 5 years and only Palace can decide if and when he is made available for transfer in spite of what other clubs might want.

Palace can also set any transfer fee and not other interested clubs.

Interested clubs should be reported for tapping-up as he is contracted to CPFC.
this just isn't true anymore, only Zaha (and maybe his agent) can decide if he moves. Whilst the contract gives us the security of not losing him for a small fee it won't stop him leaving if he wants too.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:13 AM

CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON
I would take 10m for him.

Just, invest it wisely.

We need two wingers and a permanent 3rd CB, and a RB to replace Clyne.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We don't have to sell and £10m still isn't enough. End of.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:19 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
£10m isn't enough.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for you
If theres a number of clubs interested then start bumping up the price, but 10 million seems fine to me.

Follow me on http://http://twitter.com/RyWalCP
Old 12-01-2012, 08:22 AM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
We often like to think it's the best thing for a promising player to remain at the club when in fact he could learn a lot by moving on.

With Wilf though I geniunely get the impression he's best staying for at least another year. He seems to have a great relationship with Dougie who can give him a lot of coaching and mentoring, and is getting playing time in a competitive league. He seems to still have a lot of maturing to do - if he was suddenly put in a big club with a bunch of other promising youngsters and a huge squad of players I'm not sure he'd become as grounded as he would by sticking around.

Werner Herzog
Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for you
To add to my comment, I don't think he will go.

Follow me on http://http://twitter.com/RyWalCP
Old 12-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Not in Oz

EagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagleinOz sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
It would be ridiculous to sell in Jan. We need him for the second leg and potential final then a play off push. Come summer time then it's acceptable to listen to silly money offers as that's when we can use it to re-build. And if we do make the final there's no better stage for Wilf to bump up his price.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey
£10m isn't enough.
Cash up front? I think it will be.

Add ons and the like then maybe not.

FWIW I don't think anyone will be bid £10m up front now. Needs to start scoring for that to happen.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Canterbury Eagle

NateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNateEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm sorry but 10mill is a very good fee for almost any player of 19yrs of age. If you told anyone who knows how good he is but doesnt support Palace, I bet they'd say that was a great fee.

How much was ox chamberlain? 12mill...I'd say Wilf was about the same quality personally so around 10/12 is top dollar.

Having said all that I'm still not sure i'd sell cos i love him too much and wanna see him rip cardiff apart at theirs and play at wembley!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Wilf is better than Newcastle and worth more than £10m IMHO
Old 12-01-2012, 08:58 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would take £10mill without a doubt. In our eyes he might be worth more but who knows what could happen in the next few years and £10mill could give us enough to build an even better squad and plug some of the gaps we have.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:02 AM

The Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller
Wilf is better than Newcastle and worth more than £10m IMHO
Exactly. Newcastle are becoming a bit of a nuisance now.