Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 18-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I trust in Dougie.
Old 18-06-2012, 09:28 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has he signed yet or even looked like signing or is thread another load of nonsense?
Old 18-06-2012, 09:40 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
who'd prefer connolly?

Just asking...
Old 18-06-2012, 09:49 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
GF - Never seen Baxter play and can only remember Connolly playing against us twice in our promotion season, at home and in the play off final, so........ probably Baxter because his younger?
Old 19-06-2012, 07:27 AM
i love a wind up

SE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandSE25Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan
who'd prefer connolly?

Just asking...
Personally I'd like to see both sign....
Old 19-06-2012, 07:38 AM

Ard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineArd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25Eagle
Personally I'd like to see both sign....
This looks even more likely now with the news of Pedroza. Need a replacement for him.
Old 19-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Asbo

Pubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betrayPubface is like ice, their footing does betray
Interesting to see the excitment surrounding the possible signing of Baxter, i myself am a Football Manager fan and like many can spout that we have known of Baxter for many years via the game. However for whatever reason he has yet to set the world alight.

I cannot say i have seen him play and will of course leave judgement until he dons the Red n Blue, however i am more interested in the signing of the likes of Barnard just due to what i have previously seen and what i believe would be a good addition to our squad.

Also looking on Wiki it appears Baxter was arrested with a group of people due to possession of Cannabis and not Coccaine as previously mentioned. But who knows if Wiki is telling the truth...
Old 19-06-2012, 08:12 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans
Should stay clear of this one I think. Is just another that was hyped up from the Everton academy, along the lines of Cadamateri or Jeffers

My Everton mates don't rate him. Didn't set the world alight at Tranmere. He's 20, and hasn't done much with his career. That Forest game was his only major contribution, and I believe it was his debut
14 appearances 3 goals and 3 assists is not too bad, either set up or scored a goal every other game on average. Amonst as good as any other player in that division expect the very best (Evans Rhodes etc) and only 20 so room to develop further.
Old 19-06-2012, 08:25 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
If Dougie has been watching him over a number of games he will know what he thinks this young guy can do. He may also be one mainly for the future rather than this season
Old 19-06-2012, 12:01 PM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo
14 appearances 3 goals and 3 assists is not too bad, either set up or scored a goal every other game on average. Amonst as good as any other player in that division expect the very best (Evans Rhodes etc) and only 20 so room to develop further.
And that was playing in an average team too.
Old 19-06-2012, 01:15 PM

cpfcfan124 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcfan124 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcfan124 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcfan124 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcfan124 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcfan124 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcfan124 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcfan124 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcfan124 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcfan124 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcfan124 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is there even any truth in this?
Old 19-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan124
Is there even any truth in this?
If CG mentions it, then yes there is a huge amount of truth in it.

However, he did say we're trying to get him on a perm. He didn't say it was definitely going to happen or anything.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 19-06-2012, 02:02 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ard
This looks even more likely now with the news of Pedroza. Need a replacement for him.
Do we? Given that he hardly played last season his departure hardly weakens us. We have Appiah who seems a similar player and also played very little. Not saying it won't happen, but think Pedroza's apparent loan won't make any difference.
Old 19-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans
Should stay clear of this one I think. Is just another that was hyped up from the Everton academy, along the lines of Cadamateri or Jeffers

My Everton mates don't rate him. Didn't set the world alight at Tranmere. He's 20, and hasn't done much with his career. That Forest game was his only major contribution, and I believe it was his debut
My youngest son is an Evertonian. His first hand view is that Baxter is a good prospect but not good enough for a regular first team place in a top ten Prem. side. Good technique, reads the game well, reasonable pace but not great strength. He thinks (depending on fee) would be a good signing.
The coke thing is complete baloney. He was given a lift home by a mate from a club and the car was stopped by the old bill and searched. A small amount of dope was found in the car which belonged to the driver. All were taken in and Baxter later released without charge.
Oh yeah, Cadamateri and Jeffers were so terrible we would never had taken them. Who do you suggest? Rodwell?
Old 19-06-2012, 09:56 PM

HRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHRS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade
My youngest son is an Evertonian. His first hand view is that Baxter is a good prospect but not good enough for a regular first team place in a top ten Prem. side. Good technique, reads the game well, reasonable pace but not great strength. He thinks (depending on fee) would be a good signing.
The coke thing is complete baloney. He was given a lift home by a mate from a club and the car was stopped by the old bill and searched. A small amount of dope was found in the car which belonged to the driver. All were taken in and Baxter later released without charge.
Oh yeah, Cadamateri and Jeffers were so terrible we would never had taken them. Who do you suggest? Rodwell?
Should we have? I'm glad we didn't.
Old 19-06-2012, 11:17 PM
one love

AJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ8 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The BBS will always know better than seasoned professionals. Let's not sign an
exciting prospect because he smoked a bit of weed 3 years ago. Do me a favour!
Old 19-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan
who'd prefer connolly?

Just asking...
Difficult to say, is it not? Unless you have evidence that Baxter is better than Connolly.

(Note for GF simply being younger doesn't guarantee that a player is better. Oftentimes, it can be the opposite).
Old 20-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRS
Should we have? I'm glad we didn't.
The point I was making was that both went on to have broadly decent careers at our level and at the time, neither would have been out of place in any squad of ours. I take st.albans point that neither met earlier expectations but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't have done a job for us. As for Everton "over hyping" from their academy, these days any academy scholar from any club who makes it to the first team is deemed a success. Rooney certainly wasn't over hyped by Everton, they were doing their best to keep a lid on it as I remember. The media of course were a different story.
Old 20-06-2012, 07:29 AM

Selhurst Guy can hear the fans-a-chantingSelhurst Guy can hear the fans-a-chantingSelhurst Guy can hear the fans-a-chantingSelhurst Guy can hear the fans-a-chantingSelhurst Guy can hear the fans-a-chantingSelhurst Guy can hear the fans-a-chantingSelhurst Guy can hear the fans-a-chanting
either it definatley won't happen and they're really talking about a loan - or - he clearly isn't the player football manager has been telling us he is for years!!!
Old 20-06-2012, 10:03 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Difficult to say, is it not? Unless you have evidence that Baxter is better than Connolly.

(Note for GF simply being younger doesn't guarantee that a player is better. Oftentimes, it can be the opposite).
That's true. But a younger player usually has more future potential.