Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 25-01-2014, 08:31 PM

DHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for youDHeagle is just too good for you
All this talk of him being a troublemaker in the changing room confuses me, if he's captain of his country at any level, surely he must be at least a reasonable role model?
Old 25-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
It's a mysterious one - I read a lot about him on their bulletin board (there is an EPIC thread about José on there), watched TV interviews with him, and so on.
They didn't really seem to want to sell him but eventually had to - he was letting his contract run down.
There is talk about his refuelling habits and his attitude, but I can't find anything concrete. However it is a fact that he drove three or four different coaches to distraction.
Old 25-01-2014, 08:34 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
If he is a troublemaker it's possibly not all his doing. The club may not have helped him settle.

But if he's stopped going to paid for English classes, say, that's not a smart move
Old 25-01-2014, 08:43 PM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
If he is a troublemaker it's possibly not all his doing. The club may not have helped him settle.

But if he's stopped going to paid for English classes, say, that's not a smart move
We don't seem to have much of a track record of helping players from abroad to settle. In recent memory I can pretty much only think of failed attempts.

Iván Kaviedes
Sándor Torghelle
Antonio Pedroza
José Campaña

I guess Julián Speroni could be classed as a foreign player who has settled but Dundee did the hard work helping him to settle into the UK.

I wonder if we are setup with the infrastructure required to really help foreign players to settle. Two administrations and the back room redundancies can't have helped I guess.
Old 25-01-2014, 08:48 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trist View Post
We don't seem to have much of a track record of helping players from abroad to settle. In recent memory I can pretty much only think of failed attempts.

Iván Kaviedes
Sándor Torghelle
Antonio Pedroza
José Campaña

I guess Julián Speroni could be classed as a foreigners player who has settled but Dundee did the hard work helping him to settle into the UK.

I wonder if we are setup with the infrastructure required to really help foreign players to settle. Two administrations and the back room redundancies can't have helped I guess.
That's ridiculous. We've had lots if foreign players who have settled. I would list them but from Aki in Finland to Fan in China, there are tons of players who have come from abroad and settled at the club.
Old 25-01-2014, 08:51 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trist View Post

Iván Kaviedes
Sándor Torghelle
Antonio Pedroza
José Campaña

I guess Julián Speroni could be classed as a foreign player who has settled but Dundee did the hard work helping him to settle into the UK.

plenty that did settle fine, Kiraly, Popovic, Jedi, Fan and Sun, Aki, Fonte, Parr etc. accept your point tho.
Old 25-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
It has to be said, he was one of our better players when he was in the team, most of the time.
Certainly the reason he's not playing isn't because we have someone better than him at what he does. It's more that we've chosen not to have a player like that in the team.
Old 25-01-2014, 09:16 PM
Lest we forget

Gark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGark Moldberg : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm sure that Holloway said that he was one for the future when he was bought.
Old 25-01-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
He's had one bad half against fulham (not the only one),apart from that he's looked very good.Millen needed to tighten up,so understandably filled the team with more defence minded players and pulis is pulis,so campana,williams and co will hardly feature.
A bad half where he set up our solitary goal in the match.
Old 25-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
He's wank
Old 25-01-2014, 09:40 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHeagle View Post
All this talk of him being a troublemaker in the changing room confuses me, if he's captain of his country at any level, surely he must be at least a reasonable role model?
john terry?
Old 25-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsta View Post
He's wank
But he's not though.
Old 25-01-2014, 10:07 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsta View Post
He's wank
Really?Seriously?A lot of us imagined his good performances early in the season when voting for MOM?Spain pick him for the U21s with the likes of Koke, Muniain and Deulofeu for what reason?
Old 25-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Maidstoned For Mod!

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
Can't say I'm interested in seeing him in the team, so a loan would be a good idea. Would prefer a Championship club, but the important thing is seeing him out, playing matches, having somebody else pay his wages etc. If that means Spain then that means Spain.
Old 25-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Norwegian red and blue

Stigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStigma came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
It has to be said, he was one of our better players when he was in the team, most of the time.
Certainly the reason he's not playing isn't because we have someone better than him at what he does. It's more that we've chosen not to have a player like that in the team.
Spot on..has looked quality when he has played..good set-pieces+
04/10/04 Crystal Palace - Fulham 2-0
29/05/04 Crystal Palace – West Ham 1-0
28/02/04 Crystal Palace – Gillingham 1-0
02/02/02 Sheffield W – Crystal Palace 1-3
02/10/99 Crystal Palace – Portsmouth 4-0
Old 25-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The club admitted they should have done more with Pedroza but feel a lot of this is Campaña's doing.

Hope he stays long term.
Old 25-01-2014, 11:37 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle View Post
The club admitted they should have done more with Pedroza but feel a lot of this is Campaña's doing.

Hope he stays long term.
You need to get some pronouns in this post. It's ambiguous without them.
Old 25-01-2014, 11:42 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKnot View Post
plenty that did settle fine, Kiraly, Popovic, Jedi, Fan and Sun, Aki, Fonte, Parr etc. accept your point tho.
It's not all that difficult for an Australian to settle in the UK. It's hardly a culture shock, weather excepted.

As for the others, I'm betting most if not all of them already spoke English. Campana is different, not only due to the language barrier but also the style of football. The Spanish game and the English game are far more different than, say, the Norwegian and English games are to each other.

Having said that, I'm sure it goes both ways. You sort of get the impression from certain things you hear that Campana may not be going too far out of his way to adapt to Crystal Palace.
Old 25-01-2014, 11:45 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecpfc View Post
I think it would be better to loan him to a championship side with a stipulation that he must start every game...
LOL just who do you think we are?

"We'll loan you this player but only if we get to manage your team".
Old 25-01-2014, 11:46 PM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
Going back to Spain will be a step backwards in terms of his development for us. If he goes back, he will never play for us again.