Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-10-2019, 12:34 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Under 23s vs Blackburn (Premier League Cup)

Available to stream on the website, £3 unless one of the 'special fans' (ie paying membership).

Here watching, we've just missed a penalty - Flanagan hit the post.

Just as I type, Street has put us 1-0 up.
Old 17-10-2019, 12:38 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
meh
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 17-10-2019, 12:43 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
meh
Valuable contribution
Old 17-10-2019, 12:55 PM
Millsie02

1-1 they are getting the ball in way too easy down our right.

Last edited by Shipp Ahoy!; 17-10-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old 17-10-2019, 01:11 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Half-time

Palace 1 Blackburn 1

It should be noted that Blackburn are a division higher than Palace Under 23's as they are doing well in Premier League Division 2.

Palace have spent long periods pinned back in their own half with their only respite being sporadic breaks into the Blackburn half.

This a much better game than the dreadful Watford game last Monday.

COYP
Old 17-10-2019, 01:11 PM
Unregistered Muser

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Any players impressing today?
Old 17-10-2019, 01:14 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Sam Woods,Nya Kirby and Kian Flanagan have played well for Palace.

COYP
Old 17-10-2019, 01:24 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Half-time

Palace 1 Blackburn 1

It should be noted that Blackburn are a division higher than Palace Under 23's as they are doing well in Premier League Division 2.

Palace have spent long periods pinned back in their own half with their only respite being sporadic breaks into the Blackburn half.

This a much better game than the dreadful Watford game last Monday.

COYP
What difference does it make what division they're in? These players are supposed to be our future Premier League players, we don't buy players in their early 20's so it's these or nothing for the future.
Old 17-10-2019, 01:32 PM
Millsie02

Think we have looked a lot better second half.

Woods and Kirby have impressed me.

Flanagan subbed at half time and personally could see why.

Like the look of Rob Street too.
Old 17-10-2019, 01:33 PM
Millsie02

Kirby has hit the post and Street the bar this half.
Old 17-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Millsie02

1-2.
Old 17-10-2019, 01:50 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Kirby has hit the post and Street the bar this half.
Woods hit the woodwork 1st half too apparently. Our woodwork!
Old 17-10-2019, 01:52 PM
Millsie02

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Woods hit the woodwork 1st half too apparently. Our woodwork!
Yes he did!

Nearly an own goal as it was going wide before he deflected it!
Old 17-10-2019, 01:55 PM
Millsie02

1-3
Old 17-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
It should also be noted that Palace have been a Premier League team for six years and Blackburn havent !
Old 17-10-2019, 02:43 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
It should also be noted that Palace have been a Premier League team for six years and Blackburn havent !
How is that relevant when none of the players playing have experience of PL football?

More relevant is that Blackburn are a Category 1 Academy and we are not.
Old 17-10-2019, 02:44 PM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why didn’t the likes of Riedewald, Camarasa and Wickham not get a run out in this game? Surely they need some match fitness.
Old 17-10-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
Why didn’t the likes of Riedewald, Camarasa and Wickham not get a run out in this game? Surely they need some match fitness.
Injured or possible in the 18 on Saturday?
Old 17-10-2019, 02:46 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Injured or possible in the 18 on Saturday?
Old 17-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Watched from a stream - Struggled to cope with Blackburn's pressing football in the first half. Came back into it in the second half after some changes including bringing on Gio. Injuries didn't help us defensively losing 2 defenders from the starting 11 but TBH a lot of the players failed to do themselves justice other than the odd flash. Keeper mistake for their second.

Noticed in a couple of these games lately how opposing teams are able to get bodies up and down the pitch whereas we are so often stretched. Also a few players want it to their feet where they are rather than make a run or move forward to receive it.

Two players that are often singled out as talents are Malachi and Pierrick and they obviously have talent but I thought they were again disappointing. David Boateng reminds me so much of Richard Shaw when he first started playing in the first team. He had a solid game today despite being shuffled around all over the place during the match. Kirby looks the most competent but needed someone alongside him to play with today I felt. Flanagan had one flash of excellence to get an assist for a well taken goal by Street. Street battled, getting little change from the Ref I thought but didn't give them a lot of problems. Lokilo has ability/composure etc. but didn't impose himself.

I know there is a lot of moans about youngsters not getting chances but there was no one on show that I could imagine coping as a sub for the first team. Neither CB. The closest I would say, today, would be Kirby but he would struggle physically at the moment (did today at times) and not sure the rest of his game is at that level 'yet'. I wouldn't rule him out making it some level. Not sure which level though - he seems to have the determination and hope it pays off for him and us.

Just my tuppence.