Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:07 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
Actually, I saw that it was on NBC, not NBC Sports, same company different channel. But maybe they changed it, so I could be mistaken.

Anyway, hope Stonepenge and the CT Palace support are doing well!
It looks like it is indeed NBC - good spot !
I blame the freezing temps for my oversight - 1 degree F when I picked up my paper this morning.
All well especially for CT as he is on a Caribbean island this week. If you venture offCape in a southerly direction, beer and banter awaits in Stamford.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Steady 83F in Turks and Caicos.

Wish you were here !
Old 08-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Having an off day

Ferris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFerris Bueller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceBrothers View Post
If anyone's in the bay area i usually stay in bed to watch at 7AM But always looking to get out and watch with other supporters especially in enemy territory.

Also I've been working on bringing us together on this side of the pond!
If you're a palace supporter in the US or know of some Join us on facebook facebook.com/usaHOLMESDALE Follow us on Instagram (@usapalacesupporters) and Twitter (@holmesdaleusa)! Share with your fellow Palace fans!

Looking to do more for Palace fans this side of the pond in 2015 and beyond!
I try to go the pubs when we are playing one of the bigger teams with an SF supporters club (Maggie Mcgarrys for Arsenal and Man City, Danny Coyles for Spurs, Mad Dog for Chelsea etc). Would love to see another Palace face one day, I am always the only one (except when Steve opened the Pig & Whistle for the Play-Off final a couple of years back)
Old 08-01-2015, 10:47 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post
It looks like it is indeed NBC - good spot !
I blame the freezing temps for my oversight - 1 degree F when I picked up my paper this morning.
All well especially for CT as he is on a Caribbean island this week. If you venture offCape in a southerly direction, beer and banter awaits in Stamford.
Beer and banter...I will definitely make it one of these days! Cheers.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:03 AM

intheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineintheusa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm going to be in NYC for Saturday's game. From what I can tell the Football Factory and Nevada Smith's are two soccer bars that people on here have gone too.

Football Factory is close to my hotel so I think I'll go there unless a bunch of Palace fans go to Nevada Smith's.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:32 PM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
See also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by By Toutatis View Post
Welcome! If you are ever in New York, come and watch Palace at Legends, W33rd St, and meet a bunch of friendly fellow Palace fans.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:24 PM
No longer of Hove

lauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Football Factory bar is in Legends. It's the downstairs bar. When you walk into Legends you'll see the stairs on the left.

The Football Factory is the best place in NYC to watch Palace. Look out for the Palace shirt on the wall and the huge Palace flag. The New York Palace crew go there for every game and are a great bunch.
"Football is an incredible bond. People donít understand it. You donít understand it yourself. When you fall in love at four years old, before you know about anything, the first thing you fall in love with is a football team, itís an undying love. It canít be broken. You canít change football teams."
Old 09-01-2015, 03:28 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Big Bad John is a legend & usually found in the Football Factory for Palace matches by all accounts. You can't miss him. Big tall fella. Hands like shovels.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:51 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I think I prefer the game being shown on one of the special stations. When it is on the big NBC channel they go to the game right on kick off. No pre-game stuff.

Miss the teams coming out etc.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:56 AM

That was all on NBC Sports - you switch to NBC at the very last minute.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:08 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post
That was all on NBC Sports - you switch to NBC at the very last minute.

Crap... Never thought of that!
Old 11-01-2015, 03:30 AM
plastic glory hunter

TeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Nice to get a full post-game show on the network...watching Rebecca Lowe being very professional and not showing her Palace colors, though you can feel her suppressing it.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:35 AM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSlack View Post
Nice to get a full post-game show on the network...watching Rebecca Lowe being very professional and not showing her Palace colors, though you can feel her suppressing it.
True - I did enjoy that.

Not sure why they have to have their own commentators though... guess they turned up late!
Old 11-01-2015, 06:49 AM
plastic glory hunter

TeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTeamSlack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
weird to hear that 4 minutes in...still unsure what happened exactly...a first for me! "transportation issues" or something. never heard, on any radio or TV broadcast, an announcer change after the start.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:08 AM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've caught almost every game this year thanks to NBC, NBC Sport and their Live Extra app. I wouldn't even pay for cable if it weren't for all the BPL coverage. Just wish Live Extra had the app on XBOX one...
Old 11-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Yankee View Post
I've caught almost every game this year thanks to NBC, NBC Sport and their Live Extra app. I wouldn't even pay for cable if it weren't for all the BPL coverage. Just wish Live Extra had the app on XBOX one...
I work during most our games, and am unable to watch or listen whilst at work. Therefore, being able to record the games on DVR has been a godsend.

I actually woke up in a cold sweat once, wondering what I'd do if we were relegated. I could just about deal with the crappy coverage before, but now we've been spoilt....
Old 11-01-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSlack View Post
weird to hear that 4 minutes in...still unsure what happened exactly...a first for me! "transportation issues" or something. never heard, on any radio or TV broadcast, an announcer change after the start.
Maybe Arlo got off the train at Crystal Palace Station - he wouldn't be the first to make that mistake.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:52 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
I could just about deal with the crappy coverage before, but now we've been spoilt....
Pretty much how I feel.

One positive of staying in the Premiership.

I do miss the banter of the live comm threads though - they used to be fun. But watching the game live in HD on a 42" screen trumps the "fun".
Old 11-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Pretty much how I feel.

One positive of staying in the Premiership.

I do miss the banter of the live comm threads though - they used to be fun. But watching the game live in HD on a 42" screen trumps the "fun".
I liked listening to the commentary, but if you're unable to hear it 'live' youre ****ed. I asked both the club and whatever company that runs Palace World if they could make the commentaries available to subscribers in podcast form, but was met with stern, foreboding silence.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:08 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
I liked listening to the commentary, but if you're unable to hear it 'live' youre ****ed. I asked both the club and whatever company that runs Palace World if they could make the commentaries available to subscribers in podcast form, but was met with stern, foreboding silence.
I'd like to think that with the advancements we have seen over the last 5 years, that there would be no reason the games in the Championship could not be shown live on Palace World.