Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:23 AM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
In fairness dodn't we only get 6,000 when Mullery was in charge?
Old 03-11-2014, 12:38 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
In fairness dodn't we only get 6,000 when Mullery was in charge?
We were only getting 6,000 when Coppell was in charge for his first few seasons and the crowds had already disappeared under Gradi before Mullery turned up.

Chelsea have always been a bigger club than us but I think the moral point being made is that at certain times in history there wasn't a big difference between the two clubs, and that they are now only a "big" club with all the associated JCL's and global branding due to the Abramovich money.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:04 PM

SW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
We were only getting 6,000 when Coppell was in charge for his first few seasons and the crowds had already disappeared under Gradi before Mullery turned up.

Chelsea have always been a bigger club than us but I think the moral point being made is that at certain times in history there wasn't a big difference between the two clubs, and that they are now only a "big" club with all the associated JCL's and global branding due to the Abramovich money.
We were averaging 34,000+ before Roman came in.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:11 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW6er View Post
We were averaging 34,000+ before Roman came in.
You were also still playing in the Champions League signing umpteen highly paid foreigners at the time, not to mention the fact Fulham and QPR pulled in around half that amount between them on a weekly basis.

Money gets the big club to where they are, it's rather funny when Chelsea fans still try to claim it's not been the case as per the other week.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:31 PM

SW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againSW6er lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neillo's Son View Post
You were also still playing in the Champions League signing umpteen highly paid foreigners at the time, not to mention the fact Fulham and QPR pulled in around half that amount between them on a weekly basis.

Money gets the big club to where they are, it's rather funny when Chelsea fans still try to claim it's not been the case as per the other week.
Of course its money, compare Palace to Charlton now, you'll have millions from Sky & the PL they wont, what you meant to do?

To be fair we've always pissed all over QPR & Fulham's support thats nothing new
Old 03-11-2014, 05:45 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW6er View Post
Of course its money, compare Palace to Charlton now, you'll have millions from Sky & the PL they wont, what you meant to do?

To be fair we've always pissed all over QPR & Fulham's support thats nothing new
Well, we got there on merit. Posting profit of 3.5 million and getting promoted on a squad assembled with mainly free transfers was and still is a shock to some, including myself.

Simply buying some of the worlds best players and stockpiling players to stop others from buying them to win silverware is another thing though. My gripe towards that is all the Chelsea fans who go regularly that I know still don't accept that.

Nowt we can do to change football in the short-term, although some German inspired changes would be a start!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neillo's Son View Post
Well, we got there on merit. Posting profit of 3.5 million and getting promoted on a squad assembled with mainly free transfers was and still is a shock to some, including myself.

Simply buying some of the worlds best players and stockpiling players to stop others from buying them to win silverware is another thing though. My gripe towards that is all the Chelsea fans who go regularly that I know still don't accept that.

Nowt we can do to change football in the short-term, although some German inspired changes would be a start!
I dont disagree but post Euro 96 football in this country changed forever & it'd already started with the PL/Sky in 92, not sure how much Palace spent but didnt they sign expensive foreign imports post Euro 96? Attilio Lombardo? to name one.

Most clubs spent big not just us, its the way the game went sadly, saying that i'd sooner we gave our kids a chance rather than signing the likes of Salah for silly .
Old 03-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Probationary User

synavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
Or let's not bother. It was just too delusional for words. The clubs anyone care about abroad and will always care about are manure and Liverpool. No one abroad really gives a crap about Palace, Chelsea or Spurs etc. you can't build a foreign franchise. It will never happen. Enjoy a Roman underwriting your clubs spending....,spending that another of your side would not be able to enjoy without knowing he'd be there to bail you out. It won't be there forever
How is it delusional? Look up the deloitte football financial reports for the past 5-6 years, look at the Sport+Markt market research on international fanbases, look at the global shirt sales. The type of fanbase we are building is fickle, as with any successful side but its there. I am mainly speaking in terms of revenue, though, and we're comfortably in the top ten, its a fact.

In terms of general domestic fanbase I'd agree, though, we're still a way behind United, Liverpool.

I'd stress the commercial success we have had, though, is as a direct result of our success on the pitch which simply wouldn't have happened without significant outside investment.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:18 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by synavm View Post
How is it delusional? Look up the deloitte football financial reports for the past 5-6 years, look at the Sport+Markt market research on international fanbases, look at the global shirt sales. The type of fanbase we are building is fickle, as with any successful side but its there. I am mainly speaking in terms of revenue, though, and we're comfortably in the top ten, its a fact.

In terms of general domestic fanbase I'd agree, though, we're still a way behind United, Liverpool.

I'd stress the commercial success we have had, though, is as a direct result of our success on the pitch which simply wouldn't have happened without significant outside investment.
I've done a lot of analysis of football finance and you are being totally delusional. But if you disagree then feel free. Who cares
Old 04-11-2014, 06:15 AM
Probationary User

synavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screensynavm has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
I've done a lot of analysis of football finance and you are being totally delusional. But if you disagree then feel free. Who cares
Okay tell me how I am being delusional? It is a fact that we raised €303.4 Million in revenue last season which put us as the 7th highest revenue generating club in the world. This year, with the increase in PL money and renewed sponsorships that is expected to go up even more. I'd also refer you to market research by Sport Markt and the shirt sales figures.

You say who cares but you're branding me delusional. I'm providing facts and figures, you're just making a statement.

Last edited by synavm; 04-11-2014 at 12:51 PM.