Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 28-03-2014, 07:29 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
1981/2 = 13,894
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 28-03-2014, 07:33 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Lots of good replies now and to be fair to Chelsea their posters are taking it in good part as well. One of them has even called Alan Mullery "anti-football" so they get some things right.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 28-03-2014, 07:59 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
1981/2 = 13,894
Thanks DE, we probably had the 800 lol , plenty of palace in the main stand upper though.
Old 28-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Can remember them getting a few 12,000 crowds too and think one was sub that too. What was crowd in 2-2 draw early 80's at their place anyone know?.
Was there and it wasn't a big crowd.
I'm sure there was less at a Chelscum Palace game v Palace at Stamford Bridge. Round aboput the time Micky Droy was in defence and Kevin Mabbutt was playing for Palace.

I remember watching that game from the East stand. I'm sure I remember Micky Droy handling on the half way line or thereabouts to prevent Mabbs from going through behind him.

I have a feeling there was less than 10 k at that match. I could be wrong though, getting a bit senile
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 28-03-2014, 09:08 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-03-2014, 09:18 AM

Riponeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiponeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiponeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiponeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiponeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiponeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiponeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiponeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiponeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiponeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiponeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks again to all liking the piece, too many to mention. The original Chelsea article was written by a lawyer from Islington who to be fair has been going to Chelsea since the mid 60s. Amusingly he takes the mick out of the latte drinking Arsenal fans in his neck of the woods. It's all in good part, although in the words of Kevin Keegan I AM GOING TO LOVE IT when we beat them on Saturday. (1-0, Ledley, 87)
Old 28-03-2014, 09:36 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
A fine example of middle class footy banter (especially having come from a lawyer in Islington), well done all concerned.
Old 28-03-2014, 09:44 AM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You don't have to be middle class to string a few coherent sentences together. Just be thankful a palace fan gave it back
Old 28-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
8,000 at the Bridge for their LEAGUE game V Shrewsbury in 1982
Old 28-03-2014, 09:54 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_181 View Post
You don't have to be middle class to string a few coherent sentences together. Just be thankful a palace fan gave it back
I am, far more interesting to read something like that than lame "you're shit you are and from Smelhurst" style taunts
Old 28-03-2014, 10:32 AM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Ps. Where do Chelsea fans live?
Mostly between Gatwick and Brighton
Old 28-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Lots of good replies now and to be fair to Chelsea their posters are taking it in good part as well. One of them has even called Alan Mullery "anti-football" so they get some things right.
Let yourself down at the end. Anyone calling Mullery anti football instead of the Anti Christ clearly knows nothing of the man.
Old 28-03-2014, 10:39 AM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
I am, far more interesting to read something like that than lame "you're shit you are and from Smelhurst" style taunts
Agreed
Old 28-03-2014, 10:51 AM

We're you a wag
Old 28-03-2014, 10:53 AM

Hang on I think I meant fag
Old 28-03-2014, 10:55 AM

Yes sorry ......fag ..... W@nk off the older boys
Old 28-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Probationary User

Beckenham Bill was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBeckenham Bill was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBeckenham Bill was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBeckenham Bill was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBeckenham Bill was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBeckenham Bill was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBeckenham Bill was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBeckenham Bill was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBeckenham Bill was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBeckenham Bill was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBeckenham Bill was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Lovely to see Beckenham get the recognition it surely deserves. I used to live in Sydenham too! Aspirational, moi?
Old 28-03-2014, 11:29 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace have taken thousands to Chelsea away when the North Bank was a terrace.

There was a crowd of nearly 55,000 at the Bridge when Third Division Palace beat much fancied Chelsea 3-2 in the FA Cup in 1976 and there were thousands of Palace fans packed into the huge North Bank Terrace which saw some of the worst crowd trouble ever seen at a Palace match as it all kicked off.
Old 28-03-2014, 11:37 AM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riponeagle View Post
My reply is in the comments - Andrew James.
*applause*
Old 28-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
... the Bridge....
<shudder>