Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Glad all over

dannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Rape is rape, a heinous crime. Unfortunately the law is also an ass, and it's that which considers him to have been rehabilitated to the extent that he is a free man, probably with some conditions.

I'm not sure that young children would be adversely affected if he plays football again. What do people want, to create a new Australia?
Old 13-08-2014, 05:50 PM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I do have kids, but not a daughter.
We live in totally different worlds then.

Yes, if I found out I would most definitely be having words with her, to make my disappointment clear and also to discuss the risk of STDs and the perception that she might be giving out to men. But I wouldn't be sat on her discussing it, or beating the moral drum of sexual equality. Sometimes I think certain posters have grown up in a commune, safe from the evils of modern life.

Last edited by dowieslovechild; 13-08-2014 at 05:53 PM.
Old 13-08-2014, 05:51 PM

Looking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst300 View Post
Was at Plymouth last night and their keeper has done time for his part in a road accident that resulted in fatalities.
Couldn't detect any concerns amongst the Green Army as to his criminal record.
Is that Luke McCormack? That was horrific. He'd had an argument with his missus and so got in a car to go and sort things out driving from Manchester down south to see her when absolutely plastered. He ended up killing two young boys I believe.

I don't know how you could ever look at yourself in the mirror after something like that. He must be haunted by that decision every day and night. That is a penalty worse than death.
Banned by Moderators

mjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I have had sex on at a couple of occasions within an hour of meeting someone. Also I have had numerous one night stands They were not sluts to me.
Oh look at you
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowieslovechild View Post
I'd say that it increases her risks of being raped.
No it doesn't. Neither does wearing 'skimpy clothing' or being drunk. In any situation, the only person to blame is the rapist. He's the one commited the crime. He's the one who can't control himself. He has no excuses.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 13-08-2014, 05:55 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
We live in totally different worlds then.
So not addressing the rest of my post I see by coming out with such a glib and ridiculous statement.
Old 13-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Banned by Moderators

mjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemjtheeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

give it to them Stirl!
Old 13-08-2014, 05:57 PM

Looking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A lot of people on soap boxes here.

It's not despicable to be open to the possibility that it was not a black and white case. There are various examples of Sportsmen and celebrities being wrongly accused of rape by opportunistic women. To point that out does not mean anybody is condoning rape or defending rapists.

I think everybody agrees that if he was 100%guilty the. He deserves to rot. Nobody is debating that.
Old 13-08-2014, 05:57 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
not cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 13-08-2014, 05:58 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtheeagle View Post
What a stud.

I bet Ched's maggot didn't even touch the sides unlike your huge one Stirl
You have a very strange and worrying persona. I hope for your sake it is only reserved for the internet.
Old 13-08-2014, 06:00 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Someone's getting banned in a minute.

Old 13-08-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
He is out of here, I hope. Bring back PK.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 13-08-2014, 06:13 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Just not in a job where he will be looked upon as a hero by young children if he scores a winning goal. He's a rapist. Scum of the earth. Time in prison doesn't stop him being that. In no way whatsoever should he be allowed back on a football pitch.
His profession is being a footballer. It's what he's good at, so I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to continue. Are you arguing that there should be some kind of law against going back into a high profile profession after prison?
Old 13-08-2014, 06:15 PM
Crystal Parish FC

jamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjamie12 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
He is out of here, I hope. Bring back PK.
He got banned for less than half of this...
Old 13-08-2014, 06:28 PM
My Name Isn't Jono

Jono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got Millwall all over him
Old 13-08-2014, 06:29 PM
43% Burnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
His profession is being a footballer. It's what he's good at, so I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to continue. Are you arguing that there should be some kind of law against going back into a high profile profession after prison?
Well, it's obviously down to the employer. If you wanted your employees to be role models to the thousands of children that show up every week, having a conviction for rape is not going to look good in any sense of the word. Not to mention the fact that it could have an adverse affect on your fan base and cause unrest. Maybe even affect attendances. You could also look at the fact that one of your other employees may have someone who they're very close with who's been a victim of sexual assault and may cause a rift in the dressing room. I know it's all ifs and buts, but it's something the club would look at.

If I were a Sheffield Utd fan, i'd be ashamed to be a fan of the club if a convicted rapist was playing for the club I loved.

Old 13-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Yowzer!

Ade 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAde 70 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Rape is rape. Whether it's violent or whether a person takes advantage of someone else. There's no good or bad rape. It's pretty simple. Whether the person is 'loose' doesn't enter into it. That's victim blaming. Which is ******* horrible itself.
I think he was (rather clumsily) trying to point out that rape in some circumstances can be violent and more traumatic than in other circumstances.....neither is right, neither is "good" but there is a sliding scale starting at bad and getting worse from there on.
Old 13-08-2014, 06:39 PM

herts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietherts_palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
This is such a difficult moral argument.

Everyone has a right to rehabilitation following release from serving a prison sentence and to earn a living. So by rights their should be no reason why any of us should object to his going back to his old career. However despite saying this, IMO it reflects badly on Sheff Utd and I would hate it if it were CPFC who would consider employing him.

Alderhorst - The difference with Goodwillie is that he was never a convicted of rapist so a bit naughty of you to imply that he is a rapist. If sufficient evidence existed he would have been charged. As you state he never was.
I agree if you're letting them out of prison then they should be allowed to work, preferably something that they are qualified to do. The problem I have with this is two fold: 1) The adulation/positive attention they might get - it seems wrong somehow- especially as it may not deter others from doing the same crime 2) the money they will receive.

To get round the first problem they could say no interviews with the press/media at all for 2 years say. After all who wants to see a convicted rapist talking on the TV?

I think I'd like to see football take a stance and Sheff Utd stipulate that 90% of his wages should go to victims of the crime he committed (for what time was remaining on his sentence) - in this instance rape. I realise that he has served his time (although he was let out early) but it shows contrition and would take a lot of flak away from him, his club and show footballers in a more positive light.

I doubt it will happen though.
Old 13-08-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade 70 View Post
I think he was (rather clumsily) trying to point out that rape in some circumstances can be violent and more traumatic than in other circumstances.....neither is right, neither is "good" but there is a sliding scale starting at bad and getting worse from there on.
That's pretty simplistic and inaccurate. The trauma as a result of rape and it's impact can be very different and the idea of a 'sliding scale' is a concern.

I used to work providing therapeutic support for victims of sexual abuse (childhood abuse and adult) and I think there are some dangerous assumptions implied in that idea of a 'sliding scale'.
Old 13-08-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'd say that it increases her risks of being raped.
The risk of people being raped depends 100% on whether someone rapes them or not.