Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 17-07-2015, 02:31 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Amazed at people writing Murray off again!
Old 17-07-2015, 02:35 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
This would be the kind of decision I would not envy Parish having to make.
Old 17-07-2015, 02:37 PM

chandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchandlem68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wouldn't sell him at this stage, even if we got Remy.

We know Murray fits our system and brings the best out of others around him.

Maybe by the January transfer window things will look different. But at this stage I think it would be foolish (maybe even reckless) to sell.
Old 17-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Waterproof member

JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathers54 View Post
No, he was. He won't be next season and will be a bit part player if he does stay.

They were going to accept far less from Reading and they couldn't get the money together. Allegedly about 2m.
Yes but at the moment we can replace Glen with who Campbell, Gayle?
Old 17-07-2015, 02:42 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why would we sell Murray straight after he signed a new contract? Would be a foolish decision to let him go
Old 17-07-2015, 02:48 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
I don't want him to go.

Although it is a great idea to try and improve our squad let's not forget that the current squad got us into 10th position last season. If something happens to the new players we sign we could need last years players to perform up to last years level. If we get rid of too many of them the team may not be able to do so.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
EE site palacecomrades com
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
Old 17-07-2015, 02:49 PM

Miklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMiklemoose : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We've only got Gayle, Chamack, Campbell and Murray at the moment.

Even if we got Remy in, Murray has proven how useful he can be. Only sell if they get to silly money like 7 I would say.
Old 17-07-2015, 02:49 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Id be curious to know how many against they Murray sale (presumably most) are in other threads turning down the likes of Remy/Williams due to resale value concerns
Old 17-07-2015, 02:57 PM

Hudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHudds Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd definitely cash in if it was up to me. Would be looking for 5m though.
Old 17-07-2015, 03:00 PM

I think im in the position where I will respect whatever is decided, can see the argument from both sides.
Old 17-07-2015, 03:00 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
We need Murray / Remy (or ANO) and Gayle / Campbell (or ANO). It is hard enough to get a replacement for Ameobi / Johnson / Doyle, without selling our main man.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 17-07-2015, 03:01 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudds Eagle View Post
I'd definitely cash in if it was up to me. Would be looking for 5m though.
That means he is staying here then. Maybe worth 5m to us but not anyone else.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 17-07-2015, 03:03 PM

little dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlittle dedders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we brought in Remy, I think it would be time to let him go. It would be really sad to see him go but he got a good run of games in the prem and a load of goals last season so I would feel like it was a nice way to leave it mutually. Palace hero forever.
Old 17-07-2015, 03:03 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
We need 4 strikers - Gayle & Murray with one new plus Chamack as backup (Campbell is not good enough).

Key is whether we get two new strikers then one of Gayle or Murray to go.
Old 17-07-2015, 03:08 PM

M Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM Padovano came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally i think the club will do whatever Glenn wants to do.

That clearly is excellent money for a 32 year old so we are in a win-win situation.

Most on here haven't considered what Murray may want to do...he'll get Premier League game-time at Bournemouth whereas he will inevitably be an understudy to whoever we bring in.

We as fans may love to have him as a no 2 striker but with a year or two left at the highest level, i suspect Murray may not.

Would be a touch of class to leave the ball in his court; he deserves it for his service to the club.
Old 17-07-2015, 03:16 PM

BuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBuffotheEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Don't want to see him go and it would be absolute madness without replacing him First. If we were to start the season without Murray and we had not signed anyone else we would struggle big time. The only striker we have other than Chamakh that can hold the ball up, and, Murray is far more likely to get a goal than Chamakh is.
Old 17-07-2015, 03:20 PM

Alex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex-G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
How is it good business to sell a tried and tested option for a few m and and then have to replace him with someone untested for more money????

As it stands Murray is the best striker at the club, if we sell him it would mean having to buy 2 strikers instead of one.
He'll be 32 in September and no player lasts forever. I think if they up'd their offer another half million, it would be a good deal for a player of his age. It's always sad to see a fan's favorite move on, but all the sentimental 'tried and tested' stuff doesn't cut it when it happened years ago. You have to value this with what he might or might not still have to offer, which isn't likely to be from a starting position if we get the kind of player we're rumored to be after. Stockpile talented youngsters if you must, but stockpiling golden oldies is a mugs game.
Old 17-07-2015, 03:23 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
My thoughts on Murray and wanting to keep him have been made clear elsewhere.

So as an aside, here's what Brighton had to say about possibly getting 1m for Murray back in 2010.

Enjoy:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-07-2015, 03:32 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceagle View Post
He is currently priceless to us - would be madness to let him go. However, that would be closer to where he lives so understandable if he wanted to go.
Priceless? Really?
Old 17-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
We need 4 strikers - Gayle & Murray with one new plus Chamack as backup (Campbell is not good enough).

Key is whether we get two new strikers then one of Gayle or Murray to go.
Might be misreading this - but I think we need 4 strikers PLUS Chamakh. Last year we had Murray, Campbell, Gayle, Sanogo and Ameobi plus Chamakh. I don't think we can afford to rely on Murray and Chamakh as 2 of our 4 strikers as they both have had long injury layoffs in the past. Ameobi has gone.

If we are lucky in the window then maybe one of Gayle/Campbell will leave but I doubt it if Murray leaves. I think it is fair to assume one of those 3 will leave, possibly because they won't be happy to stay.