Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 23-02-2018, 06:38 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
All of the Beatles' albums were great, except for With the Beatles, Beatles for Sale and Yellow Submarine (which hardly counts). The best may have been Rubber Soul and Revolver, but what came after was still brilliant so 'turn rubbish' is harsh. Particularly on Abbey Road and the White Album.
Yeah, I was using those last two as they were on the tail end of the "turned rubbish". I liked the Yellow Submarine movie because they used to play five minute episodes when I was young. My children all enjoyed it too. Just checked and was surprised to find nowhere man wasn't on the OST. My memory... I swear that was on there. What a song that is though.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:40 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Arctic Monkeys. First album fantastic, second album pretty good, then comes vapid mediocrity.
First album aged badly.

2nd album is great.
Suck it and See is genuinely underrated
AM still stands up well now
Old 23-02-2018, 06:40 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I read it as more that you were giving Coldplay any credit at all.
I think there some good songs on the first three albums.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:41 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I read it as more that you were giving Coldplay any credit at all.
Coldplay’s first 2 albums are Superb.

Pointless even trying to argue against that.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:42 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Hate to say it but New Order.

No hooky = poor version of New Order
Music complete has some great tracks on it. Singularity, Restless and unlearn this hatred are the best they've done since Technique for me.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I actually quite like the 3rd album.

4th album was terrible not listened to any albums since
Old 23-02-2018, 06:44 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can't say I'm a huge fan tbh, but do find it a bit ott the stick they get. At least they write their own music and perform live. I think they give a decent % of their royalties to charidy mate as well. There are plenty of other bands to hate more, it just seems to be cool to universally hate them.

P.S. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face is a great song

Last edited by Nostrils; 23-02-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:45 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I actually quite like the 3rd album.

4th album was terrible not listened to any albums since
A couple of classics on X and Y, but the signs were there already then. What they’ve done since is no better than lift music.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:48 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
I can't say I'm a huge fan tbh, but do find it a bit ott the stick they get. At least they write their own music and perform live. I think they give a decent % of their royalties to charidy mate as well. There are plenty of other bands to hate more, it just seems to be cool to universally hate them.
Pretty much. People say they hate them because they’re mediocre and bland, yet that still puts them on equal footing or above the vast majority of bands. It’s just a trend. Chris Martin does sound like he’s crying when he sings though.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Pretty much. People say they hate them because they’re mediocre and bland, yet that still puts them on equal footing or above the vast majority of bands. It’s just a trend. Chris Martin does sound like he’s crying when he sings though.
It would help if he didn't prance around like a pillock all the time, he's usually out of breath.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:51 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This'll be controversial,
David Bowie, some of the later ones were pretty good, but everything up until Scary Monsters was ground breaking and amazing, the 80's and 90's output were mostly mediocre.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
In terms of selling out, Maroon 5 must be one of the most spectacular cases. A genuinely well-made yet accessible first album, followed by a sharp decline towards dreadful 'music-by-numbers' pop for idiots.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:53 PM
I'm not divorced

Ashes to Ashes is the best song ever.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:56 PM

dannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is here
Aqua.

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 23-02-2018, 06:57 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
The Stones and the Who c45 years ago although I would still pay to see them play.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 23-02-2018, 07:24 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
The great bands have 2 albums in them. The really great bands can stretch to 4 and then normally downhill.

On the other hand you have bands like Pink Floyd who really got into their stride after 4 or 5 albums.
Saved me a longer post! Bands are also part and parcel of different parts of our lives. We change or they change. Very few enjoy longevity or successfully manage to recreate themselves.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 23-02-2018, 07:58 PM

mexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is heremexicaneagle Sam the man is here
Arcade Fire.
Old 23-02-2018, 08:14 PM

KP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKP'S Nuts came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bloc Party
Old 23-02-2018, 10:27 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Elton John , Rod Stewart and Stevie Wonder have all been very poor since about 1979
Old 23-02-2018, 10:32 PM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
Quote:
New Order are fairly shit, full stop. Would Joy Division ever have made True Faith?
Completely different band