Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:55 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Yes, New Game)

So, this seemed interesting enough to start a new thread. Infinity Ward is coming out with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Not Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and not Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4. The idea is this a soft reboot of COD4 and exploring the characters in COD4 (notably Captain Price) in a new timeline. Some confirmed features:
  • No Season Pass - There will be scheduled post-release content that is free including new maps, events, etc. But there will probably be some sort of microtransations and/or loot boxes. (This is still Activision after all)
  • Cross Platform Capabilities - PS4/Xbox and PC players will be able to play with and against each other. The input device will be used to match up players so M+K players won't be playing against controller players unless they are in a party.
  • New game engine - The Infinity Ward games have been using updated iterations of the same engine since COD2 with Quake III as it's base.

The single player campaign is said to be quite intense with many people that have seen three of the missions saying that it might cause some blowback on Infinity Ward.

There's no zombies mode and no battle royal mode. They have possibly been replaced with a spec-ops mode that is said to be similar to Rainbow Six Siege with different operators and level progression. There is also a rumor that this mode will be free-to-play. I guess that we'll find out in the next few months.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Mmmmmm Nina

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Gayle is just not a goal scorer
BookFace
Gamertag: II BARNEY G II
Old 04-06-2019, 11:27 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Haven’t bought a COD since Black Ops 2, but am tempted by this.

I hope the campaign is intense. One of my favourite COD memories is completing WAW campaign on veteran. Some levels are stupidly broken and hard. Those grenades on heart of the Reich...

Last edited by CP-RJW; 04-06-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:39 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Open beta is coming up in September and they are saying that there will be a standalone MW Battle Royale game coming next year.

Old 15-09-2019, 09:00 AM
Panty Organizer

Been playing a few games in the beta. It is definitely different than the previous versions. Seems like a mix between COD and Battlefield. Some issues: Lag. I'm playing with other people in Japan but I'm getting lag. Sound seems delayed, I am getting one shot like hell and (maybe there's a perk to do it but) other people are killing me with one-shot melees but I can't. The spawns are completely arbitrary. On top of that, you're never sure which way you're facing as you drop in like a parachutist. Headquarters is the best mode to rank up but it hardly comes up in the rotation of this beta. Gun resist is still a thing. Customizing your weapon takes a lot of thinking because improving one aspect detracts from something else. I've played about 4 maps so far and they seem fine. They all have multiple levels.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 15-09-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 16-09-2019, 08:46 AM
Probationary User

stivemorgan is playing for a contract
Hi everyone. It is my favorite game. Thanks for the information. Looking forward try it
Old 23-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Panty Organizer

As well as the previous mentioned issues. When you load up, it can be difficult to tell what game mode you're playing. It also is tough to know when you have a killstreak ready. The Precision Airstrike is kinda useless because you need line of sight on the target which is hard to do on most maps. I don't know if the Personal Radar is glitched but nothing comes up for me when I use it.
Old 24-10-2019, 06:42 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Got my dispatch confirmation from ShopTo yesterday so I’m hoping I’ll get this through today. Can’t wait. The beta was incredibly.
Old 24-10-2019, 05:56 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Installation is well over 100gb on Xbox One which is split into several sections.

I received my copy this morning from Shopto and so far it has been over an hour installing using a fast connection.

Pleased that I did not opt for the digital download version and bought the disk version as the servers are going to be very busy at launch.
Old 25-10-2019, 12:26 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Well worth the long installation time as this is a great game with no lag online and amazing sound and graphics with almost constant action due to the map designs.

10/10
Old 25-10-2019, 01:17 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
I switched to Battlefield which was so much better, because COD became all campy - and I didn't like the game engine. And had been since MWIII and the spin-offs.

I wont go back unless it's changed.
Old 25-10-2019, 01:21 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
As a BF player I have to say it’s pretty decent this year. Single player anyway. I’m not ready to go on a 12 year old killing spree so won’t play MP for a bit.
Old 27-10-2019, 07:58 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
I don’t tend to play the multiplayer but is the campaign mode any good? Some of the MW series were great, some a bit repetitive.
Old 27-10-2019, 08:24 AM
King of Curry

Lombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
I don’t tend to play the multiplayer but is the campaign mode any good? Some of the MW series were great, some a bit repetitive.
I haven't purchased yet, will soon, but all the reviews I have seen state that the campaign mode is very decent.
Old 27-10-2019, 08:47 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post

Yeh it’s good, not amazing. Tries to be controversial but never actually gets there.

At it’s best in the quiet and tense levels.

Player character models, local textures and jungle terrains all look amazing. Textures and models off to the distance are distractingly bad.

Play it on a harder mode to enjoy otherwise it’s just a 5 hr shooting gallery.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:27 AM
Panty Organizer

Anybody playing this? I haven't bought it (will maybe get it if it goes on discount) but I see constant complaints about it. The main point that everybody brings up is that it's too campy. They make these complaints while showing Team Deathmatch gameplay. TDM has always been shitty with campers so why are they surprised. I have never played TDM, unless forced to by teammates. I have no idea if all the problems I've brought up in the beta were fixed or not.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:57 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Anybody playing this? I haven't bought it (will maybe get it if it goes on discount) but I see constant complaints about it. The main point that everybody brings up is that it's too campy. They make these complaints while showing Team Deathmatch gameplay. TDM has always been shitty with campers so why are they surprised. I have never played TDM, unless forced to by teammates. I have no idea if all the problems I've brought up in the beta were fixed or not.
Silly SES water cut through phone line whilst digging up road, so been playing multi-player with bots. Some of them camp. The gits.

Actually decent game.... better than black-ops et al.
Old 21-11-2019, 03:30 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I love it. Genuinely one of my favourite games of all time. Multiplayer frustrates the hell out of me but that’s just because I’m not very good.
Old 21-11-2019, 06:49 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Haven’t played it yet, heard the gameplays great but the multiplayer maps are awful. Particulary one based on Piccadilly Circus.

Old 21-11-2019, 10:52 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Haven’t played it yet, heard the gameplays great but the multiplayer maps are awful. Particulary one based on Piccadilly Circus.

The problem with this Blame Truth's opinion (and I've been watching his videos since COD4) is that he uninstalled the game day 1 and admitted that he only played Piccadilly once. Now, it might be a terrible map but I'm more likely to take the opinion of somebody that's played the map at least twice.

Having played the beta, I think it could be improved with a little more foot speed and a little less sway while running. I guess they really wanted to make that part Battlefield-like. There are also rumors of a 200 person Battle Royal mode being worked on. I still might buy it sometime later, on sale.