Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-04-2019, 01:09 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Gove has told them, and us, that the government is doing things so the protesters should pack up and go home as mission accomplished.

If you cannot trust the word of a Tory government minister who can we trust?
Old 18-04-2019, 01:12 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
The protesters should take the moral high ground. Ban themselves from having alcohol because brewing is an energy heavy intensive process and alcohol lacks nutritional value. Stop smoking because tobacco needs fertile land and takes nutrients out of the soil and stop taking drugs because cocaine has to be imported from a long way so has a carbon footprint.
Old 18-04-2019, 01:14 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
For some reason links in the app do not work for me in your anticipated reply perhaps you can point me how close we are to meeting those 2020 targets or perhaps you answered it with the court cases, court cases that have not imposed any fines as of yet and are looking for policy from the offender's for trying to meet targets overshot in 2018 that were set in 2008 and had target dates in 2010.

Like I said fark all. Headlines do not make substance.
I agree (and I did answer that with the court cases).

I should point out though that it (currently) isn't the EU and us. We are the EU, we helped set the targets, we sit in the council and vote on stuff in parliament. It is our responsibility to hit targets we help set and it is certainly not the EU's fault if we fail to meet them.

Bear in mind that the purpose of bringing up the EU in this context by another poster was that the eu did nothing for climate change when in fact we do less than the eu require of us.
Old 18-04-2019, 01:21 PM

Eastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEastern Boy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
We need more protesting and disruption our generation has been totally apathetic, all we do is post stuff on FB and argue on chat forums, brilliant.
Totally agree, good to see people passionate and protesting about something they care about-people too apathetic nowadays.

Where would today's society be without protesting about equality, poll tax, gay lib, 1981 riots, rock against racism rights for women or going back further trade union eights, chartists or suffagettes

Wish we could get similar demonstrations organised for other travisties in today's society-homelessness, poverty etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Oh look Mr angry going off topic. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
It's who he is. He must always be morally right and enjoys tackling the man, not the ball. Just let him get on with it. He's not going to stop just because someone points out what he is. I gave up on that already. Best thing is to ignore him. Some posters are just c*nts even if they are Palace. You can always tell them; they spend more time arguing on political threads than talking about Palace, because it's what they enjoy most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Not so sure Les. Its been the headline for the last 3 days on pretty much every news I have seen/read/listened too. I have found myself talking to the kids more and thinking twice about what I am putting in the bin.

Which is the point. They aren't expecting to actually change the climate during these protests. The aim is for maximum media exposure, maximum possible amount of arrests and to draw worldwide attention.

A German lady I listened to on the radio said it was the first sane thing she had heard from England in the last ten years. Prior to that point she had assumed we had all turned into insular little islanders.
Old 18-04-2019, 01:26 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
I agree (and I did answer that with the court cases).

I should point out though that it (currently) isn't the EU and us. We are the EU, we helped set the targets, we sit in the council and vote on stuff in parliament. It is our responsibility to hit targets we help set and it is certainly not the EU's fault if we fail to meet them.

Bear in mind that the purpose of bringing up the EU in this context by another poster was that the eu did nothing for climate change when in fact we do less than the eu require of us.
All links in the mobile App go to 404 pages on here.

My point was never about the EU but it was a good example, setting targets in 2008 then taking to court in 2018 is not a solution, it's part of the problem.

Targets are lip service, if industrial and populated countries do not meet the targets its too farking late 12 years down the line and then to set new targets for another 12 years time even though countries failed to meet the earlier targets what's the point?

What gets achieved?

We are not going to put restrictions on motoring, car ownership, electricity usage, heating, transport in general, switch to vegetarian to meet the targets. Not if everyone else does not have to do the same so again we go back to inertia.

That is why I cannot ever see it being achieved

You have industrial and populated countries with in general a reasonable lifestyle trying to use technology to reduce pollution, or sustainable systems and failing then you have up and coming countries using old technology in mammoth scales trying to catch up with our lifestyle at any cost.

I don't have an answer other than to have any sort of success it's got to be painful for everyone.
Old 18-04-2019, 01:27 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Using up BBS bandwidth just takes energy ...
Old 18-04-2019, 01:54 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Sorry maybe I wasn't quite clear, I do believe in climate change I was approaching from the angle of people who do not must still be able to see the benefits in Green energy etc
Oh Ok, sorry I'll real my neck back in
Old 18-04-2019, 01:56 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Using up BBS bandwidth just takes energy ...
more than you would think if you post from your Tesla whilst on your mobile..

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
The protesters should take the moral high ground. Ban themselves from having alcohol because brewing is an energy heavy intensive process and alcohol lacks nutritional value. Stop smoking because tobacco needs fertile land and takes nutrients out of the soil and stop taking drugs because cocaine has to be imported from a long way so has a carbon footprint.
Are you deliberately applying stereotypes?
Old 18-04-2019, 02:09 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Top job by the protestors, peaceful and civil and have finally got the single most important subject on the agenda.

We should be on a 'war footing' when it comes to the destruction of the planet, instead we are sleep walking into catastrophe.

So glad to see the young take to the streets, while the old carry on complaining as the count their money and decide which holiday next...

We are all responsible. I have certainly consumed far more than my fair share
Old 18-04-2019, 02:11 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
We should all feel bad because people that work for De Vere's can't get to work due to climate change protesters.
Wow,only people working in central London are rich people,changed a lot since I was at home...

The people you talk about mate are a small percentage and do not need public transport they mostly live there mate, this does not effect them much,even the painting, smashing of windows,they might feel the urge to raise an eyebrow while counting their money thats about it.

Then get the people it does effect to clear it up adding insult to injury..
Old 18-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Top job by the protestors, peaceful and civil and have finally got the single most important subject on the agenda.

We should be on a 'war footing' when it comes to the destruction of the planet, instead we are sleep walking into catastrophe.

So glad to see the young take to the streets, while the old carry on complaining as the count their money and decide which holiday next...

We are all responsible. I have certainly consumed far more than my fair share
1. There have been 400+ arrests
2. If you didn’t know “the message” by now, what world have you been living in?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 18-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
So as of yesterday these protests cost £12m, will be more by today and tomorrow.

By comparison the entire blue planet 2 series cost circa $25m to produce, the final episode had more global impact than this has, created far more behavioural change than this will, didn’t piss anyone off, and no one got arrested.

Just a thought.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 18-04-2019, 02:24 PM
Safe European Home

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I do not need to educate myself about climate change I know there is a major problem from dumping in our oceans,dumping in a blue box for it to be dumped in china to air pollution/pollution we all need to do something about it,I don't need swampy lefty lectures about it.

All I am saying is the message that has been put across is just disruption and these people should be arrested not so much the message about climate change or much to do with any protest that descends into smashing stuff up or stopping normal people from going to work.

Yep look at the headlines where does it say WE MUST CHANGE rather than get these nut jobs of our streets.
There's a difference between knowing there's a problem and stating that we all need to do something about it to actually doing something about it. The former attitude is probably symptomatic of why these protests are happening in the first place.

Having managed to get to work every day this week through this, I wouldn't label them as "swampy lefties" or "nutjobs". Anything but. This stereotyping seems also symptomatic of attitudes - As does the Environment Secretary's "we've heard you" comment.

Not a pop but the general attitude seems to be yes we know there's a problem but I'm sure we'll be alright. Someone else will deal with it - or alternatively what difference will I make, so I'll carry on.

It is time the patronising stopped and we actually started doing something about it. If it involves such a protest to raise focus on the issue then it is individuals doing something which is fine by me. Individual action, ultimately, is how this is solved. Yep I was inconvenienced but bothered finding out why.

So what are you actually doing to help alleviate climate change?
Old 18-04-2019, 02:27 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendy View Post
All links in the mobile App go to 404 pages on here.
All links from the app always go to 404 pages. Its because it puts "quotes" around the links. Delete them and retry.
Old 18-04-2019, 02:29 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
Not a pop but the general attitude seems to be yes we know there's a problem but I'm sure we'll be alright. Someone else will deal with it - or alternatively what difference will I make, so I'll carry on.

It is time the patronising stopped and we actually started doing something about it. If it involves such a protest to raise focus on the issue then it is individuals doing something which is fine by me. Individual action, ultimately, is how this is solved. Yep I was inconvenienced but bothered finding out why.

So what are you actually doing to help alleviate climate change?
by far and awaynthe biggest action for climate change any individual can do is not have children.
Old 18-04-2019, 02:34 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
Are you deliberately applying stereotypes?
I just feeling rather facetious today.
Old 18-04-2019, 02:38 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
So as of yesterday these protests cost £12m, will be more by today and tomorrow.

By comparison the entire blue planet 2 series cost circa $25m to produce, the final episode had more global impact than this has, created far more behavioural change than this will, didn’t piss anyone off, and no one got arrested.

Just a thought.
But not a great thought as you are presenting Blue Planet as being an alternate way of getting the message across from this protest when actually both Blue planet and this protest are working hand in hand to highlight the issue.

History shows that protest is a way of instigating change. This one is for a right and just cause and has been non violent.

Yes not great that people's lives are being disrupted but the cause it is highlighting is of greater significance surely?
Old 18-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Safe European Home

Quote:
by far and awaynthe biggest action for climate change any individual can do is not have children.
Then the species dies in the next century anyway.
Old 18-04-2019, 02:45 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
1. There have been 400+ arrests
2. If you didn’t know “the message” by now, what world have you been living in?
Well if we all 'know the message' how come we as a people are continuing to commit environmental suicide?

It's unpopular, but government has to act and our behaviour has to change.

I transport a lot of stuff for business and use factories and resources (mainly renewable but plenty of energy), drive a diesel car (not that often) eat meat, live in a large draughty house and fly all too frequently.

I know the message but, like many others, am a hypocrite. I hate to say it as it goes against all my principals otherwise but the state needs to get Nanny on this issue.

It's simply not going to be all right if we carry on as we are, doing the recycling once a week is not enough.