Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOTM
Guaita 82 23.50%
Kelly 10 2.87%
Tomkins 77 22.06%
Dann* 5 1.43%
PVA 30 8.60%
Milivojevic 1 0.29%
McArthur 26 7.45%
Kouyate 14 4.01%
Townsend** 1 0.29%
Ayew*** 0 0%
Zaha 98 28.08%
*Sakho 1 0.29%
**Schlupp 1 0.29%
***Benteke 3 0.86%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-11-2019, 07:22 PM

Palace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace43 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Burnley

No thread as of yet.
Old 30-11-2019, 07:39 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Kouyate MoM - covered pretty much every blade of grass up there, and everything went through him.

But I don’t think there was a poor/disappointing performance at all
Old 30-11-2019, 07:58 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Went for Tomkins MOTM but Kouyate was a giant, Gauita made a vital save and Zaha was as good as he has been all season. TBF, only Luka had anything approaching a poor game.
Old 30-11-2019, 08:07 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
"I think I'd not be too bothered if Roy was moved away from it" brigade 0
"I think I'd move Wilf out for an Iwobi or a Pepe" brigade------------------0
Everyone else -----------------------------------------------------------------10

Last edited by Sleeping Giant; 30-11-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 30-11-2019, 08:14 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Very evenly split today. I was between PVA who I thought had a corker, some really important interceptions and great runs forward and Gauita who for the first time in ages I think he WILL save rather than he wont. Two brilliant ones today less dramatic but holding a short from range with power as though we was catching it was superb. Wilf gets an honorable mention but I cannot see why on earth Kouyate has got even one vote let alone 5!! I thought he was appalling. But I guess we all see football differently.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 30-11-2019, 08:15 PM

JackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is hereJackTheBiscuit Sam the man is here
Tomkins for me. Kouyate loses a point for the header to Wood. All round really good performance. Dann came in and did really well, Jimmy Mac everywhere, Wilf back to his old self tormenting opponents and Ayew was an absolute workhorse. Special mention for Schlupp who came on and immediately had an impact not just with the goal.
Old 30-11-2019, 08:17 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
Kouyate MoM - covered pretty much every blade of grass up there, and everything went through him.

But I donít think there was a poor/disappointing performance at all
His passes were awful, his thought process slow, he missed a sitter and got my worst player on the team award Dont you just love football and its opinions

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 30-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
The MOTM was Wilf, obviously, but there were a lot of excellent performances.
Old 30-11-2019, 08:28 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tomkins was different class today and gets my MOM. Had a very good front two in his pocket all game. Everyone played well I thought although Luka and MacArthur were a bit rusty at times. Rode our luck a tad with Wood’s glaring miss but who cares. Wilf was excellent today also and played very intelligently I thought. Schlupp for Townsend was an excellent substitution from Roy and Schlupp took his goal very well. Guatia also did very well with all balls pumped into the box and made a great save at the end.

An all round very good day!
Old 30-11-2019, 08:29 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Tomkins MOTM.
VG excellent
Macca two good clearances in space of two seconds, loads of covering.
PVA was defensively sound.
Wilf... was ok... not brilliant.
Schlupp... love him
Ayew... worked chuddies off
Old 30-11-2019, 08:32 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Got back half an hour ago and thought from what we could see from our end Guaita made two or three match winning saves so my vote goes to him altough I think everyone played well today. Bring on Bournemouth and Wartford.

Old 30-11-2019, 08:35 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Top class professional performance all round - dann did so well despite being injured for a lot of the game and Ayew took a physical bartering but didnít moan or react on fb
Old 30-11-2019, 08:39 PM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very much a team performance today. Very professional from both playing and coaching staff. Got both the set up and the application spot on. I even agreed with the subs for once!

By contrast I thought Burnley got their tactics all wrong, and it really cost them any chance of impacting the game. They must have looked at us having 2 key defenders out and thought 'let's attack that'. But both Kelly and Dann can cope with aerial stuff all day long - fizzing it along the ground would have been the challenge. Those long balls were a delight for us really.

Zaha is so clearly a class above in games like this, but what really strikes me is how certain players are thriving over time spent under Roy - players I've doubted in some cases.

Kelly is just a new player. Ward (obviously not today) is back to his best form. Kouyate was hesitant and a bit wasteful going forward today, but his defensive work was outstanding. McArthur is another who has flourished. PVA had his best game for quite some time.
Old 30-11-2019, 08:40 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Great team effort. Wonderful to see us match Burnley’s energy and commitment. Voted for Tomkins. Could easily have been Wilf or Kouyate. All put in 100%. Guiata superb too. Ayew ran his knackers off once again. Great to see a player totally turn around the opinion of the fans through sheer bloody hard work.

Last edited by teesdale99; 30-11-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Old 30-11-2019, 08:49 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Northern Rail 0
Old 30-11-2019, 08:54 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Tomkins and wilf had their best games this season. One of them motm

Kelly largely left alone but decent when called upon

Oh Dann. Injured from the start but battled on. Tbf he made every challenge he needed to before collapsing but should have gone off

Sakho looked good. Such a boost getting the ball forward quickly again

Townsend good but injury being managed saw schluppy and whilst infuriating at Cm heís a good impact sub

Everyone played well. Happy days and a massive result
Old 30-11-2019, 08:54 PM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Guaita did well
Tomkins great performance and marshalled the rest of the defence
Dann did well
Kelly good at right back
Jimmy mc is everywhere and is quality
Zaha good goal , should shoot more
Ayew- works his nuts off
Great team performance,well done Roy and the lads
Old 30-11-2019, 08:56 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post

But I don’t think there was a poor/disappointing performance at all
What have you been drinking? He missed a sitter and almost gifted them a goal with a ludicrous header. If only knew how to play the ball forwards he would be a much better player. Wasn't bad today but nowhere near MoM.
Old 30-11-2019, 08:58 PM
54 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Northern Rail 0
Quite right. They had an absolute shocker. The situation at Burnley Manchester Rd was downright dangerous. And on the train to Preston too. Is it like this after every Burnley home game?
Old 30-11-2019, 09:03 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Thought we controlled the game pretty well, their best chances came from our mistakes, decent.