Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 25-08-2019, 02:25 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Saw him organizing people at corners also (defending).

To be honest I didn't notice him that much (apart from the yellow card/could have been red incident) apart from the organizing he was doing. Which is always a good thing in my mind.

As an aside, what the hell is the new rule about players in the defensive wall now? Whatever it was United players seemed to be doing nothing different in that regard.
Having just watched the whole game back, I think Kelly had the better game of the two centre backs. Although Cahill certainly did the simple things well.
Old 25-08-2019, 02:26 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Micky Droy. What a year that was. Cap doffed to bubbs.
'Six foot two; eyes of blue; Micky Droy is after you!'
Old 25-08-2019, 02:30 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
If/when they are all fit, it's going to be a tough call for Roy in the centre back position.

I think Sakho will always play as his distribution is so useful and he is a natural on the left side. Cahill has the experience and leadership, Tomkins has been a regular and done very well in recent seasons but Kelly doesn't deserve to be dropped on current form.

A nice dilemma for Roy.
Old 25-08-2019, 02:37 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Not sure if Cahill can play on the right side, as I don't think Sakho can. I would still take Sakho over Cahill at this stage, and Tomkins over Kelly, but yes a nice problem, and maybe horses for courses could be used.
Old 25-08-2019, 03:40 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not sure if Cahill can play on the right side, as I don't think Sakho can. I would still take Sakho over Cahill at this stage, and Tomkins over Kelly, but yes a nice problem, and maybe horses for courses could be used.
I think it is a good challenge for the current CBs to ensure they keep their places in the team.
Old 25-08-2019, 04:48 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:

As an aside, what the hell is the new rule about players in the defensive wall now? Whatever it was United players seemed to be doing nothing different in that regard.
If there are more than 2 players in the wall then the opposition cannot be within 5 yards of it.
Old 25-08-2019, 05:19 AM
selhurst massive

eagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Saw him organizing people at corners also (defending).

To be honest I didn't notice him that much (apart from the yellow card/could have been red incident) apart from the organizing he was doing. Which is always a good thing in my mind.

The ref didn't seem to bother with that rule did he , 2 or 3 times
Old 25-08-2019, 06:06 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
If there are more than 2 players in the wall then the opposition cannot be within 5 yards of it.
Certainly wasn't applied yesterday, both of their freekicks on the edge of the box had wankers within a few feet
Old 25-08-2019, 06:08 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Chances of all being fully fit at the same time is slim, so with that & some protective rotation we have good options and all should play a reasonable amount of games over the season
Old 25-08-2019, 06:09 AM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:

Three at the back?
Old 25-08-2019, 06:40 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Been having similar conversations, I'd love to see Cahill, Sacko and Tomkins in the same team but how does that work? and I also agree that Kelly really doesn't deserve to be dropped.

I saw Cahill talking constantly, which is what we need, I think we lack leaders on the pitch.
Old 25-08-2019, 06:57 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
If Luka is suspended or injured a shoe in for captain
Luka is so off form he really should be dropped, let alone being captain.
Old 25-08-2019, 06:59 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Yes, it looks like he might go into the Mickey Droy, Delaney category of older CBs weve bought who exceeded expectations and brought leadership and assurance to the back line.

Well done Dougie. (Am I allowed to say that?)
Yes, but just this once.
Old 25-08-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
There not all going to be fit for the whole season anyway, so there wont always be a difficult choice.
Old 25-08-2019, 08:20 AM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
From the Palace site: We managed the game ok ?????

This guy could be Epic for us.
Old 25-08-2019, 09:12 AM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Been having similar conversations, I'd love to see Cahill, Sacko and Tomkins in the same team but how does that work? and I also agree that Kelly really doesn't deserve to be dropped.

I saw Cahill talking constantly, which is what we need, I think we lack leaders on the pitch.
Guaita
Tomkins. Cahill. Sakho
Townsend. McCarthy. Luka. PVA
Camarasa
Ayew. Zaha
Old 25-08-2019, 09:14 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Woosie was bang on, on twitter. Cahill organised the defence and PVA in particular superbly and we looked so much more assured as a unit. Even if Cahill looks as a bit slow off the mark his leadership is worth a lot more in the way we play.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 25-08-2019, 09:15 AM

CpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCpfcLoz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
he had a great debut and will only get better with fitnesses. what stood out for me was pva went down under a challenge and cahill ran over lifted him back up and threw him back into position, was great to see, good to have another leader on the field!x
Old 25-08-2019, 10:36 AM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CpfcLoz View Post
he had a great debut and will only get better with fitnesses. what stood out for me was pva went down under a challenge and cahill ran over lifted him back up and threw him back into position, was great to see, good to have another leader on the field!x
Yeah, I mentioned that a page or so ago.
Old 25-08-2019, 10:45 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
'Six foot two; eyes of blue; Micky Droy is after you!'
Droy and Cannon together was monstrous.
At times, it was like something out of Slapshot.