Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOTM v West Ham
Guaita 186 33.27%
Ward 5 0.89%
Cahill 131 23.43%
Kelly 21 3.76%
Van Aanholt 40 7.16%
Kouyaté 19 3.40%
Schlupp 5 0.89%
McCarthy* 19 3.40%
McArthur 78 13.95%
Ayew ** 35 6.26%
Zaha 13 2.33%
Townsend * 1 0.18%
Benteke ** 6 1.07%
Voters: 559. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2019, 08:03 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Interesting that they all thought Rice had a good game although he had no influence on the midfield during the game and stupidly gave away the penalty that changed the course of the game.
Rice is as over-rated as Maguire
Old 09-10-2019, 08:11 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikie Punisher View Post
If they were all like this one people might respect them a bit more:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Very realistic and feet on the ground
Old 09-10-2019, 08:28 AM

redeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietredeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The thing I loved was the fact that they scored first. For a while it has seemed that if we score first we are good bet to win as we are so well drilled. If on the other hand the other team scores first we could play for a week without scoring an equaliser let alone a winner. Hopefully that’s changed now.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:37 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeagle View Post
The thing I loved was the fact that they scored first. For a while it has seemed that if we score first we are good bet to win as we are so well drilled. If on the other hand the other team scores first we could play for a week without scoring an equaliser let alone a winner. Hopefully that’s changed now.
Just after they scored TalkShite was giving odds against us winning of something like 14 / 1.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:45 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Looks to me like a very good player indeed.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:53 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Looks to me like a very good player indeed.
Agreed. It always makes me laugh how people love to put down opo players just because they don’t play for us.
Rice will go on to play for a big club.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:03 AM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Agreed. It always makes me laugh how people love to put down opo players just because they don’t play for us.
Rice will go on to play for a big club.
I think he thinks he already does.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTimbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
Agree with all of this. Schlupp is having a really good season and he fully deserves a starting place at the moment.

A question in my mind is whether our performance was improved by the loss of Luka. I felt we retained the ball better on Saturday. It is a shame that Luka is captain, because Roy does like to keep a winning side and I have a feeling that McCarthy is actually the better option on current form. I can't see him leaving Luka out in the next game though.
If Luka does go straight back in, the benefit of creating competition for places by hiring the likes of James McCarthy and Cahill, and them playing well, will be lost

Luka is captain, and the next game is against a top side but I still think Roy might leave him on the bench
Old 09-10-2019, 11:33 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
If Luka does go straight back in, the benefit of creating competition for places by hiring the likes of James McCarthy and Cahill, and them playing well, will be lost

Luka is captain, and the next game is against a top side but I still think Roy might leave him on the bench
Disagree. Even if Luka does go back in he will know the team did well without him and know he could be dropped in the future. Whatever Roy's selection for Man City, we all know McCarthy is genuine option for a starting place now.

Also, surely a major part of the benefits of signing them is the points they've helped us win?!

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 09-10-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:38 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Nonsense. He's quality. I watched the game back and although the win wasn't undeserved as such, because we played well, West Ham and Rice played some lovely stuff and the result could easily have gone any way.

Rice is a very good player.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I think he's the real thing - looks like a player who would be comfortable in any company and in any league.
It was a good win against a good side. More pleasing than the victory against Man U, for me.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:06 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I think he's the real thing - looks like a player who would be comfortable in any company and in any league.
It was a good win against a good side. More pleasing than the victory against Man U, for me.
More impressive performance I think. But we have waited a long time to beat the wankers in the league so that was special. Especially to win it so late.

I also think it was the more important win. If we had gone the opening 3 games winless we probably wouldn't have got the other good results. I think it gave the players and fans a massive boost in terms of confidence and belief for the season ahead.

Significant for United in the opposite way too. I know they have continued to be shit since then but they had done OK in their first two games. Who knows, if they had beaten us and got some confidence up they may be a lot higher now.

Oh, and I agree about Rice.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:56 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
I don't think we deserved to win. We got very lucky with the penalty out of nothing. West Ham created clear chances in our box. We had very little threat, apart from Zaha and PVA. But we were solid considering the standard of opposition and in that respect overperformed, especially when you take into account the quality of our midfield, overall squad and attack especially. We'd kill to have players like Lanzini, Haller, Anderson, Yarmolenko etc. They'd all walk into our XI. We showed good character, and the team give everything. Hodgson has them well drilled.

Work is needed in January if we are to maintain anything like 6th place. From what I've seen of us, even a Top 10 finish would be better than the football we've played. The one thing I have been impressed with though is how we have played at home. We have been more threatening at Selhurst than ever before in the Premier League imho. If we can continue the home form and get back to the away form of last season where we looked more threatening on the counter then it could still be a very good season for us.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:09 PM
Middle class left.

I would say it could have gone either way.
What pleased me was that we won it a different way to a lot of our away wins. We went toe to toe, and I felt we were on top for most of the first half and the last fifteen or twenty minutes of the second. So when we went behind, it really didn't feel like we were out of it. I think that is perhaps the same point as the one about us looking better at home this season.
They had clearer chances (perhaps - did they really? - Schlupp's chance was very good and Ward put a killer centre into their box as well) because they have better forward players, not because the balance pof play was in their favour.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:46 PM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought West Ham were very good and could easily have won, but we stood up to them. Two strong teams and a very good match. I would have left happy with a point.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:03 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
I thought West Ham were very good and could easily have won, but we stood up to them. Two strong teams and a very good match. I would have left happy with a point.
It really is as simple as this. It was a football match. All three results were possible. We won. We might have lost. We could have drawn.

Enough of this hand-wringing, teeth-gnashing, faux-outrage bollocks from those wanabee East-End nob-ends.
Old 09-10-2019, 02:19 PM

nicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
A mate of mine a Gillingham fan who is trying to visit all 92 league grounds reckon it was really boring low quality game with little skill. Weird how a neutral viewed it . But what does he know supporting Gillingham
try watching Newcastle vs Man U !!!
Old 09-10-2019, 04:04 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chateauferret View Post
I think he thinks he already does.

No, West Ham fans think he does!
Old 09-10-2019, 05:25 PM

alexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietalexcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
It really is as simple as this. It was a football match. All three results were possible. We won. We might have lost. We could have drawn.

Enough of this hand-wringing, teeth-gnashing, faux-outrage bollocks from those wanabee East-End nob-ends.

Totally agree with this. It was a 50/50 game which we controlled for large portions. They need to get over it. The pen was a pen and both Ayew and Kelly were onside by the finest of margins.

That being said I quite enjoyed my day out in their soulless bowl of a stadium and watching them cry like little babies when the VAR went on and on (the longer it went on the more I thought it was a goal).

Scenes when the goal was given. Loved it.

Screw them and their self entitlement, delusions of grandeur. We won the World Cup blah blah. Toddle along in your limos.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:57 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Yep