Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 30-09-2003, 05:43 AM

kyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
paul weller at the house of blues hollywood, oct 8+9 solo acoustic,can't wait.
Old 30-09-2003, 09:53 PM

Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Did anyone make it to MTV2's 5th Birthday Party tonight at Brixton? 6.30-11.30, The Rapture, The Thrills, The Darkness, The Music and Jane's Addiction. Stopped at 10 so I could watch the news but left the video running, The Music looked pretty good again.
Old 30-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim of the 80's
I was at that! It was the Beat the Blues festival. John Cooper Clarke was on too.
Yes, he was, mind you he was the bad penny in those days. Also the Raincoats and possibly the (marvellous) Au Pairs.
I don't often come across people who were at that gig!
Old 30-09-2003, 10:14 PM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I went to see Shania Twain opening night of world tour last week in Hamilton Ontario and was surprised how good it was. She was on stage just under 2.5 hours and was very energetic, belting out plenty of songs, dancing, signing autographs whilst singing and generally showing a good appreciation of the audience. Strange that the only merchandise on sale there was a couple of T shirts and baseball caps, I would have expected to see a lot more 'goodies' for sale in a 20000 odd seat arena.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:56 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really looking forwad to the Hope of the States gig at ULU this Friday. There is a massive buzz on this band now, and the demos I have heard are stunning
Old 06-10-2003, 05:01 PM
Bearded Member

Niceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sodastream on the 2nd Nov and Belle and Sebastian on the 8th December. Cant wait.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I saw The Sleepy Jackson last night at the Astoria. They were excellent and really beefed up the albums songs for the live performance.

The highlight of the night, though, was their support band, Delays. They've only released two singles so far, with another due in November. Their album is out early next year. Does anyone remember the angelic voice of Geneva's singer? Think that quality of voice with the melodies of Coldplay and the Beach Boys with the added electronica of New Order or even Duran Duran. Watch this space....
Old 08-10-2003, 12:11 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Really looking forwad to the Hope of the States gig at ULU this Friday. There is a massive buzz on this band now, and the demos I have heard are stunning
Totally agree...see you there
Old 08-10-2003, 12:39 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Del Gland
Totally agree...see you there
Good man - you should see how much promos/1st single are selling for on Ebay!
Old 08-10-2003, 01:03 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Clapham Grand
Good man - you should see how much promos/1st single are selling for on Ebay!
Unfortunately I have only got one downloaded song from a radio broadcast. I did see them with the Polyphonic Spree though and they are certainly something special. I cannot think of a category for their music but haunting, majestic, and spellbinding are probably the adjectives I would choose. Their live set is also unique.

I honestly feel that this band will be have their own show at Brixton within a year and headlining festivals within three.

And the best thing CG is that we can tell our grandchildren..."We knew them when they were nobodies"!
Old 08-10-2003, 04:43 PM

Lucky enough to hear demos and stuff as I work for the label, I would agree with your description of their music - a sort of cross between Mew and Radiohead
Old 13-10-2003, 11:04 AM
www.b00mb0x.org

As expected, the Hope Of The States gig on Friday at ULU was a corker. I took a friend who knew nothing about them and he was knocked out. They are unique and WILL be massive next year or I'll eat Malcolm's Fedora!

Over the next few weeks I am seeing The Music twice, Funeral For A Friend, Cooper Temple Clause, Hope Of The States again, Hundred Reasons, The Jeevas, Jet, and now the AC/DC gig at Hammersmith.

Not bad, eh?
Old 13-10-2003, 08:05 PM

Dark Star dances before me like a million eyesDark Star dances before me like a million eyesDark Star dances before me like a million eyesDark Star dances before me like a million eyesDark Star dances before me like a million eyesDark Star dances before me like a million eyesDark Star dances before me like a million eyesDark Star dances before me like a million eyesDark Star dances before me like a million eyesDark Star dances before me like a million eyesDark Star dances before me like a million eyes
AC/DC at Hammersmith clashes with the re arranged Ipswich game but sod it, I got tickets anyway
Old 13-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Wine=Piss. Cause & Effect

gjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawngjtango lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
To all you UK Hip Hop followers (if there are any on this board besides myself and BringBackSasa), Jehst is performing a special show at the Jazz Cafe on 28th October to promote his new album, Run Hard. Tickets avaliable at all normal ticket touts.
Old 16-10-2003, 07:55 AM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got my tickets for The Music at Brighton Corn Exchange on 27 October this morning. I see Hope of the States are supporting - I'm sure I've already been told that (probably by Del Gland ) but it didn't click at the time that this is the band everyone is going on about at the moment.

Very exciting.
Old 16-10-2003, 09:36 AM
www.b00mb0x.org

THE MUSIC ICA 15/10/03

I only hope some of you were there. This was the best gig that I have seen them do so far. The drum/bass groove was as tight as Noade's charity box, the guitar cut through like a buzzsaw, and Rob Harvey was on top form. Everything came together and the wall of sound just swept everyone away. They played a few newies including "Come What May", and "Jigsaw" which Rob sang alone with an accoustic guitar.

I remember seeing them in the US and at Reading where they did look a bit tired and in need of a break. I spoke to Rob Harvey about this before the gig. Despite showing him photos of the Lollapalooza gig in Washington, he couldn't remember even being there. He was alert last night and eager to get the show started although I think this was because of his strong desire to kick back afterwards and have a couple of beers.

Welcome back lads - see yer in Brighton!!

PS Baloo - Do try to catch Hope Of The States. Clapham Grand and me are very impressed!
Old 16-10-2003, 03:10 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Saw Arab Strap at the Mean Fiddler last week. Exellent Gig, really intimate too - the last three songs were requests from people who had their hands up!

Looking forward to Mogwai, the Flaming Lips, Quickspace, Mouse on Mars. Bought 4 tickets to Blur on the offchance Graham might come back for the tour. Think I'll flog 'em on ebay now tho.

Werner Herzog
Old 16-10-2003, 06:50 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

More Radiohead tickets for sale now at nme.com
Old 16-10-2003, 06:55 PM

will hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewill hung : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Last chance to see I Ludicrous play in London next Thursday 23/10 at the Brixton Telegraph 8.15 stage time
Old 17-10-2003, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baloo
Got my tickets for The Music at Brighton Corn Exchange on 27 October this morning. I see Hope of the States are supporting - I'm sure I've already been told that (probably by Del Gland ) but it didn't click at the time that this is the band everyone is going on about at the moment.

Very exciting.
Your're in for a treat with HOTS!