Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 06-09-2019, 01:52 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
They're not particularly charismatic, but was a good night.
Brighton fans, charisma bypass at birth!
Old 06-09-2019, 01:55 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Saw Courtney Barnett in Prague last night and she tore the place apart.

Band is on fire.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:00 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
I'm considering going to see Van Morrison at the London Palladium next March. Anyone seen him? Should I expect a splendid night with some classic songs or a rubbish time watching a cranky Irishman singing a load of obscure B-sides?
Old 07-09-2019, 08:49 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
I'm considering going to see Van Morrison at the London Palladium next March. Anyone seen him? Should I expect a splendid night with some classic songs or a rubbish time watching a cranky Irishman singing a load of obscure B-sides?
Horses for courses, really. I've seen him live, and have no time for bluesy mumblings. Apparently, he does a lot of good work promoting music therapy, which he should be commended for, but he's not for me. I don't know what his set list is like nowadays, but I do recollect that he is not keen on playing one of his most popular songs (Brown Eyed Girl?), because he lost the publishing royalties for it. I'm sure others will be more positive, but I'd rather be forced to watch box sets of Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey and The Crown back to back.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:25 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Saw him supporting the brilliant Robert Plant at the O2 six months ago. Though he was very dull & boring. More like a cabaret act than a rock gig.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:54 AM

leeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietleeeooooh2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Flaming lips at Brixton last night was as entertaining and bonkers as ever.
Wayne singing while riding through the audience on a flashing unicorn was a new level of surreal though.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:29 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pixies in Bexhill on Thursday. No support, 1hr45 set.
New album doesn't come out till Friday, so I can't prepare for the new songs
Old 09-09-2019, 11:59 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Cheers Stella & Dobbo re VM!
Old 10-09-2019, 10:16 AM
Pushing The Sky Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
Pixies in Bexhill on Thursday. No support, 1hr45 set.
New album doesn't come out till Friday, so I can't prepare for the new songs
Enjoy! They hit Prague Oct 8, looking forward to it.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:17 AM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Edwyn Collins tomorrow
Old 10-09-2019, 11:54 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Spiritualized at Hackney Empire on Saturday.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:06 PM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Stereo MCs last Saturday night. Great fun. Took me back.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:29 PM
9dw

Roadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRoadblock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
Seen him a couple of times in the last 10 years, once at the Royal Albert Hall a few years ago in a slot on Mick Hucknall's tribute to Bobby Bland. The other time was at the O2 when he supported Robert Plant last year. The O2 gig didn't really work for me, it's far too big a venue for his style. The RAH, despite its grandeur, was a lot more intimate, so the Palladium as a venue might work just as well.

His voice is still in fine form though, if you prefer his current deeper tone of voice to his whiny tone in the 70s. While I don't think he's the grumpus he's made out to be, there is very little crowd interaction so don't expect any witty anecdotes. If you want more music less chat he's the man.

His set these days contain quite a few blues and jazz standards, which isn't really for me to be honest. If he does play 70s classics I suspect they'll be heavily reworked. But you never know with him, his back catalogue is so deep who knows what you're going to get.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:23 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Monday night at the XOYO club in trendy, beard oil smelling Shoreditch.. got to see Evelyn Champagne King delivering a groovefest for the ages. Obviously sang the classics, Shame, Love come down, I'm in love etc, plus other good stuff. Very engaging with the audience before introducing her hubby (Freddie Fox) a dude with a nice line in tasteful jazz guitar.
Crowd loved her and sang a few songs for her Good time music!
Old 13-09-2019, 02:33 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Pixies were excellent at the De La Warr in Bexhill last night. They were on stage at 8pm (no support), and played for nearly 2 hours. No talking, just a 2 hour sonic assault. The set was a mix of old and new. They apparently don't have a fixed set list for this tour, just playing what they fancy from the catalogue, but I'm assuming they must have some structure. They got the poppy hits out of the way quite early, and only played one encore - Ana.
Old 13-09-2019, 04:22 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Pixies were excellent at the De La Warr in Bexhill last night. They were on stage at 8pm (no support), and played for nearly 2 hours. No talking, just a 2 hour sonic assault. The set was a mix of old and new. They apparently don't have a fixed set list for this tour, just playing what they fancy from the catalogue, but I'm assuming they must have some structure. They got the poppy hits out of the way quite early, and only played one encore - Ana.
I was there too. They sounded awesome. Apparently they played 34 songs. Joey came out of his shell late on with that proggy solo. The new Kim was good too.
Old 13-09-2019, 09:45 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
I was there too. They sounded awesome. Apparently they played 34 songs. Joey came out of his shell late on with that proggy solo. The new Kim was good too.
She's a great bass player. It took me a few songs to get over the fact her voice is different to Kim's, but other than that she was great.
Old 14-09-2019, 08:11 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
The new Kim was good too.
Kim Deal is Kim deal is their new bassist also kim?

SaulAlinsky
Old 14-09-2019, 08:14 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Gotta catch up on sleep before the Jim Jones extravaganza next Saturday...

SaulAlinsky
Old 16-09-2019, 08:23 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Cash View Post
Spiritualized at Hackney Empire on Saturday.
They were superb - the sixth or seventh time I've seen them and possibly the best yet: Hackney Empire is a lovely theatre, it puts bigger name places like the Palladium to shame, its a pity its in Hackney though.