Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 02-11-2019, 09:42 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Gutted that I missed Pip Blom recently through illness but I've got Chemical Brothers at the end of this month (having to miss Burnley away for that one) then I've got Jesus & Mary Chain, Santana, Foals (x2) & Soul II Soul booked for next year.
Old 19-11-2019, 07:45 AM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Went to see Elbow at the last show of their European tour at DR Koncerthuset here in Copenhagen on Sunday. Had never been to this venue before but heard about the world class acoustics of this purpose built concert house and it did not disasppoint. Great performance and yep acoustics were excellent. Well worth a visit to this amazing To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-11-2019, 09:34 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Love the 100 Club, just about the last live music venue in the west end now.
Seeing Babybird there tomorrow. He is amazing and hopefully they play some of the new stuff from photosynthesis.

There was a twitter poll the other day about who you liked in the 90's but are still producing ground breaking music today. It's Babybird for me.
Old 21-11-2019, 10:16 AM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Seeing Babybird there tomorrow. He is amazing and hopefully they play some of the new stuff from photosynthesis.

There was a twitter poll the other day about who you liked in the 90's but are still producing ground breaking music today. It's Babybird for me.
Was listening to the Pleasures of Self Destruction just the other day. Some great neurotic love & life songs.
Old 21-11-2019, 11:05 AM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post

I heard that he is consistently putting out good stuff, but only know his music from the 90s. Which of his more recent releases would you recommend to someone who wants to dip a toe into his newer output?

Edit, just seen Tim of the 80s suggestion, will give it a listen.
Old 21-11-2019, 11:49 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
On a chilly Norf London night, Joao Donato warmed us all up at the Jazz Cafe last Saturday with his Bossa Nova jazz keyboard skills.

Playing synth, organ & piano and suitably accompanied by a boss trombonist, this was an uplifting night of South American riddims

Seemed like half of Rio was there, singing along to his more popular choons and shakin' it like it was 1999.

'Tastic
Old 21-11-2019, 01:14 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
The Young Gods hitting London and Leeds 27/28 November get in...

SaulAlinsky
Old 21-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
I heard that he is consistently putting out good stuff, but only know his music from the 90s. Which of his more recent releases would you recommend to someone who wants to dip a toe into his newer output?

Edit, just seen Tim of the 80s suggestion, will give it a listen.
Actually I wouldn't start with that one. I'm a massive fan and I find most of that album hard work! The one before, Ex Maniac is miles better in my opinion. Also he puts out zillions of songs under weird pseudonyms but a while ago someone trawled through everything from the last 10 years or so and did a best of and its excellent. That is called Happy Stupid Nothing.
Old 21-11-2019, 05:08 PM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Seeing Iggy Pop play the Barbican tonight - the Barbiacn website is saying the show is 80 minutes without an interval (hes playing his new album in full for the London Jazz Festival), but I'm hoping to God thats not it and there will be some of the older stuff after hes played that.
Old 22-11-2019, 02:25 PM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Cash View Post
Seeing Iggy Pop play the Barbican tonight - the Barbiacn website is saying the show is 80 minutes without an interval (hes playing his new album in full for the London Jazz Festival), but I'm hoping to God thats not it and there will be some of the older stuff after hes played that.
He played for approximately 90 minutes last night (not bad going for someone who is 72): the first 45 minutes or so was stuff from the latest album, but we got the likes of Sister Midnight, Mass Production and Nightclubbing thrown into the second half of the set.
Old 22-11-2019, 05:26 PM

Rob Agates is playing for a contract
Busy week coming up - on Saturday, going straight from Selhurst Park to Brighton for Rhiannon Giddens and Francesco Turrisi at St Georges Church. SEED Ensemble at the Jazz Café on Sunday and Ezra Collective at Brighton Concorde on Wednesday. I had also planned to see Dirty Dozen Brass Band from New Orleans in Islington on Thursday, but that has just been cancelled.

The following week is a little more sedate - just Yola at Islington Assembly Hall!

Also, a heads up to those who love their funky drummers - Stanton Moore (of Galactic) is playing a rare show at Under the Bridge on 31 January. Don't know who he is bringing with him from New Orleans, but it will be great regardless.
Old 22-11-2019, 05:56 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I’ve got 3 tickets to Hawkwind at the royal Albert hall on Tuesday. £45 each but will let all three go for £75 and post first class tomorrow dm me

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 26-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Vive La Revolution

Will Varley at the Lexington this evening. Pretty cool as he sold out Shepherd's Bush last year!
Old 26-11-2019, 12:48 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Anyone want any Tickets for Hawkwind at the Royal Albert Hall? I have One available FOC collection at the hall or in WC1

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 26-11-2019, 03:05 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Anyone want any Tickets for Hawkwind at the Royal Albert Hall? I have One available FOC collection at the hall or in WC1
Many thanks, Isle of Wight, first time seeing them since 1978!

(your inbox is full!)
Old 26-11-2019, 03:29 PM

Ok cleared a bit. Daughter as your number she is just checking with the post room that they have them then will meet you at the RAH. Wiat to leave in case they are lost in her building I'll text you with her number and a meet time

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 26-11-2019, 07:23 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Ok cleared a bit. Daughter as your number she is just checking with the post room that they have them then will meet you at the RAH. Wiat to leave in case they are lost in her building I'll text you with her number and a meet time
All sorted and collected, thanks.
Old 27-11-2019, 12:38 AM
Lead Worshipper

Really enjoyed Hawkwind at RAH.

Shame there was no encore, but they did about 2 hours.
Old 27-11-2019, 09:53 AM

Nitzer Ebb at Village Underground on Sunday night absolutely smashed it. I had seen them supporting Depeche Mode at the O2 a few years ago and hasn't been impressed but in a venue this size, they rocked it.
Old 27-11-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Really enjoyed Hawkwind at RAH.

Shame there was no encore, but they did about 2 hours.
Glad you enjoyed it. Wish I could have gone. Did you get a flag?

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018