Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 23-05-2003, 01:16 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cat Power's on Later with Jules tonight, should be entertaining / enchanting / fun / all of the above
Old 23-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Southern Bitch

Oryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses grow
Indeed, it's said to have been known as Red Square (krasnaya ploschad) since 1650 (although I don't remember quite that far back, in spite of attending Paul McCartney gigs). The adjective 'krasnaya' means both 'fine' and 'red', although one doesn't any longer hear it being used with the former meaning, instead the superlative form 'prekrasnaya' is used. Still, nothing to do with the colour of the revolution.

Of those areas and streets whose names were changed after the revolution, not all have been changed back. The nearest Metro station to my office is still named Kropotkinskaya, as it always was (although the road it stands on, which used to be ulitsa Kropotkinskaya, is now ulitsa Prechistenka). And I'm proud to say I live at Mayakovskaya. Also, Lenin remains as ubiquitous as ever, but dear old Kalinin, Dzerzhinksy and Gorky have all been cast aside.
Old 23-05-2003, 07:16 PM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Baloo
I might join Riccardo and Skin Up for the Bluetones at Brighton Concorde 2 on Wednesday if it's raining and if there are tickets left on the door. I'm supposed to be playing cricket, but the forecast ain't great.

You didn't tell us that !

It was good, but they weren't on for that long I thought.

Some of the new tunes were quite impressive as well.
Old 23-05-2003, 07:18 PM
Self Portrait

g23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
I'm off to see Knife In The Water with the Broken Family Band at the 12 Bar on June 2nd. Anyone know anything about the Broken Family Band?
Old 23-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by g23
Anyone know anything about the Broken Family Band?
I heard they split up.

Their album 'Shattered' was interesting.

Where they once on Jim'll Fix it ?

And so on.
Old 26-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Wire were absolutely fantastic on Saturday - if you get the chance, go and see them on this tour before they split up again. Other highlights of my weekend in Barcelona include Yo La Tengo, Teenage Fanclub and the White Stripes - apparently the Kills were very good, but I missed them.
Old 29-05-2003, 11:21 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard
Thanks to some immense kindness from Oryol in organising everything (and my wife for deciding not to go, thus making the idea affordable) I'm off to Moscow tomorrow morning for the evening's Red Square concert.
How was it? I believe you owe us a review.....
Old 29-05-2003, 11:50 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
I heard Paul was the daddy!!
Old 30-05-2003, 04:26 PM
Self Portrait

g23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldg23 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Did I mention I was seeing PJ Harvey at the Eden Project in August? Well I'm now also seeing her in the Turbine Hall at the Tate Modern on September 1st. Stalking is becoming an expensive hobby.
Old 30-05-2003, 04:38 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Saw Mogwai in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago. Incredible band. Have an album out in July - "Happy Songs for Happy people" - most of the tracks were from that. The first and best song, "Helicon 1" was one of their first tho. They're a mixture of blissfull atmospheric guitar riffs, violent bursts of explosive noise and, more recently, various noises eminating from laptops. It all works a treat live and the atmosphere in the Barfly, a tiny venue for the size of their following was powerful.

Werner Herzog
Old 30-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Southern Bitch

Oryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses growOryol knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally posted by DANGERMOUSE
I heard Paul was the daddy!!
I don't think it can have been Richard, he was hardly out of my sight all evening. Mind you, he's a suave so-and-so
Old 02-06-2003, 10:58 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
I must admit I'd had a couple of cold drinks, but somebody told me that The Beat are playing The Cartoon...is this true??
Old 02-06-2003, 11:09 AM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Got my tickets for the Fun Lovin Crims featuring Lee Scratch Perry at the Meltdown, Royal Festival Hall later this month, should make a good evening out.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:31 AM
_

candide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkcandide sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
spineshank at the astoria on the 16th of june. i'm flying over.

(can't believe i'm going to england when there is no football... )
Old 02-06-2003, 05:07 PM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brian Wilson is coming back to the UK next February and playing 4 nights at the RFH. Apparently as well as a mixture of hits and new (?!) songs, he will be playing the whole of Smile, which is pretty astonishing in itself. I caught both the 2002 tours and both nights were marvellous - the 10 piece band (which includes all 4 Wondermints) are some of the best players I've ever seen, playing some music that they all clearly love. Got my tickets yesterday and the Saturday night show is already nearly sold out. Can't recommend this highly enough.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:49 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
apparently I have a ticket on the way.... should be interesting
Old 03-06-2003, 11:56 AM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
DEFTONES BRIXTON

Haven't got much time so here goes...

This Girl opened..started brightly but faded quickly once they realised how impatient the crowd were for the Deftones

Inme followed..I have now seen them 4 times. The first time they were OK, the second better, the 3rd poor, and last night poorer. The tuppenny firework in the recent bunch of breaking bands!

I can't explain what I like the Deftones. For the most part it's just a drone and sometimes almost unlistenable, but every now and then it takes off in a majestic manner. You know that feeling you sometimes get when the music is so intense that you imagine it playing in your head just as you die a violent death (Quick - call the mad doctor for Mr Gland!!), well the Deftones succeed several times in one evening.

They played several tracks off the new album which fitted in well with the old stuff and a hot sweaty time was had by all. I still can't understand their appeal, but they knock spots off Korn and Fred's backing band! That Chino's a weirdo too. A dinner party with him and Casey Chaos could be quite scary!
Old 03-06-2003, 01:07 PM

Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time Twyford Bee is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
Quote:
Originally posted by SKATE
Anyone going to the Brixton Academy for the Dandy Warhols this Friday? I am sacrifing most of the fans forum for it so it better be good......
The BBC Music teletext said it was poor and a lot of people left before the end- did you like it?
Old 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Gland came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Baloo and Music fans, check out this review.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I bet you all can't wait for my review of them from the Lollapalooza tour in Washington DC in August. As my daughter has met them a couple of times we are trying to get backstage passes. I might even give Tom Morello (Audioslave) a few guitar tips!!
Old 04-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
(Aside: I borrowed the Music album a few weeks ago. Wasn't impressed. There's only so many times you can re-write 'She Sells Sanctuary', and the Music exceeded them.)